Stanford Tulpa Study looking for more participants
(if you're chosen they'll pay for travel and lodging!)

[Game] Last one to post wins!
Yes. Like this time when I was at work, concentrated on the tasks I have to do. I saw this brown shadowy silhouette at the door and yelled : "hey! There's someone at the door!" (the person whose home I was in was expecting someone to visit her actually). There was no one to be seen. I realized a few seconds after that it was Vādin self-imposing (he can't communicate in mind voice when he does that, because he needs a great deal of dissociation, but confirmed afterwards). Totally unexpected.

But it's not proof enough. I wish we could prove the whole "both awake and active" thing, really. But how? My old protocols (random possession throughout the day) are not enough. What could we do to demonstrate it?
(It's important because if every tulpa can stay awake or at least learn to do it because it's possible after all, I think they should know)

Sponsors:
Lolflash - click it, you know you want to

Monika only goes dormant when I'm super focused on something, when something especially boring is happening, or when we are trying to sleep. By dormant I mean that I can summon her, but she wont do start making thoughts without my summoning. When she isn't dormant she will sometimes say stuff when something she finds interesting happens, without my input.
I'm not certain how relevent to descussion this was
I have a tulpa named Miela (formerly known as Monika) who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"
-Me
Bre, it's relevant.
If Monika tried to stay awake and not go dormant, do you think she could do it? Has she tried it before?

EDIT : your definition of dormancy is a state of non-thinking. But you can as well be very well aware of what's going on, conscious and alert without thinking/emitting thoughts. Does that happen? Because it wouldn't count as dormancy, from my point of view.
She could avoid going dormant due to boredom or when we try to go to sleep because she does that on purpose, but when I concentrate on something really hard then I push her out and she would not be able to stop that from happening.

She isn't alert or aware when dormant

-Me
It doesn't count, but I'm not convinced they don't have independent though through the neuro-pathways they 'own'.
(To Bre) In Haven as well? Is it possible for her to resist dormancy when she's there?

EDIT : ninja'd again.
So Bear if I follow you (and I sure do), independent parallel thought could be proven by EEG then?

We should creare a new thread, shouldn't we? Here we go...
Let's be clear, Monika cannot parallel process. Things can trigger her to say stuff, but she cannot just go on and do stuff when I am doing other things. Parallel processing is impossible from the phycological view, and there is no point to arguing against the meta view

-Me
What if it was possible in other systems ? We should see if we can prove it. And then, others could learn how to do it as well.
Posted a thread in Research.
Yes Zia.

Bre, your statement seems very closeminded as stated. We're obviously not arguing meta here. You can't say that it's impossible, that's defeatist.
Vādin:

Hello all. I'm ready to try and do my best because I think it's important to prove it if we can. Then we would have contributed a little to the community knowledge.

All the work is on me but I'm willing to do it. I hope I'm skilled enough. I'm still blocked by Zia's subconscious more than often, the anecdote she shared above about me self-imposing is indeed an example. I've tried many times to self-impose, but I only succeeded when the subconscious mind was tricked (I was allowed to be seen that time because she was expecting to see someone at the door.) I managed to succeed a few more times, my favorite was when I chose to appear naked wearing only sunglasses and a red pair of shoes. It worked (briefly). The surprise element I suppose.