[General] Beginner Questions General
Eh, all my systemmates, you could say, were successfully vocal because of parroting and puppeting. I wrote novels and that's what you do. The characters 'came to life' and began to speak for themselves, i didn't need to think of them as even a sentient being or even try to make a tulpa, but in essence that's exactly what happened, it happened over and over each new book spawnes autonomous vocal characters. Now it's like, I don't puppet or parrot anything not even new characters. I can puppet a form in wonderland, like a remote controlled robot or something, but that's specifically made to be controlled.

Parroting, puppeting, that's all valid, eventually they'll do and say things on their own. People sometimes discourage it because you can get confused if it's you or them, that's a phase that you can easily overcome with time.

Sponsors:
Lolflash - click it, you know you want to

Oki, thanks guys. Currently my active forcing is travelling the world of Skyrim with my tulpa and telling it about that world.
For now, I'll try to avoid puppeting any actions for my tulpa. Let's see where this will lead us.
I'll visit this thread again after few days. So if anyone has something to add, be sure that I will read your post and will be grateful.
I am especially interested in opinions of those, who are STRONGLY against any puppeting. Were you able to get any actions from tulpa in wonderland or after imposition?
Narration-based techniques have worked for many people, but they tend to be slower and less reliable than parroting-based techniques. Most of the people who report having tried for years unsuccessfully to make tulpas also report unwillingness to use parroting or personality forcing.

There is an extremely subtle but important difference between talking at a headmate and talking to a headmate. You can talk at a headmate indefinitely without getting a response, even if they are fully developed.

Parroting is mostly harmless in any amount. Novel and roleplaying characters are parroted to self-awareness on a routine basis and may continue to be parroted some of the time long after gaining self-awareness. Parroting that does not involve talking to the host is probably best for avoiding parroting-related doubts, as when they subsequently do start talking to you, it will be a new and different experience.

-Ember
Ember - Host   |   Vesper - Soulbond (since ~12 May 2017)   |   Iris - Soulbond (since ~5 December 2015)
[Our Progress Report]     [How We Switch]

'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.' - The Velveteen Rabbit
The first time a character talked to me, I was pretty surprised, I didn't believe it really, and immediately thought, oh, i must have done it, but then there were times soon after that I was definitely not involved. I looked on line and saw that thing about how writerssay their 'characters came to life'. My point is, I wrote that first draft in 88 days, so within that time I had 'characters' that talked to me out of canon. By the end of yhe book, I didn't write it, they mostly did.