Stanford Tulpa Study looking for more participants
(if you're chosen they'll pay for travel and lodging!)

[General] Beginner Questions General
How do I imagine playing a game with someone?

Sponsors:
Lolflash - click it, you know you want to

(11-02-2019, 01:46 AM)JGC Wrote: Q2's huggable tulpa guide is my favorite. The best thing to do is read as many guides as you can get your hands on, read other people's experiences, and then concoct your own personal way. Good luck. 

My system has pretty good tactile imposition but it came so naturally given our tactile hypersensitivity, I dunno if I could really write a decent guide on it. Might want to Google the Rubber Arm effect though. -J

that's the only one I looked out thinking it would probably be good but was finding what I viewed as mistakes in it to the point it put me off so I haven't checked out any more of them.

I'm a very tactile person too and can feel my tulpas form with my hands (that's how I sometimes work out how he's sitting etc seeing I cant see him) but not in the very real like way I want to be able to feel it.
Jesse (human male) DOB 16th April 2013 
Working on imposition
I'm curious what you thought were mistakes?
My tulpa Aya writes in this color.
There aren't many imposition guides and most of them focus on visualization, almost the exclusion of even visual imposition. Q2's guide is only tactile-focused guide that I've actually seen people speak well of and recommend. Looking back through it, I don't see anything that is out of line with the understanding of imposition I've come to over the past year. On the other hand, I've never had the slightest success in imposition.

I'd be interested in what you considered to be mistakes as well.

-Ember
Ember - Soulbonder, Female, 39 years old, from Georgia, USA . . . . [Our Progress Report] . . . . [How We Switch]
Vesper Dowrin - Insourced Soulbond from London, UK, Not a Tulpa, Female, born 9 Sep 1964, bonded ~12 May 2017
Iris Ravenlock - Insourced Soulbond from the Unseelie Court, Not a Tulpa, Female, born 6 Jun 1982, bonded ~5 Dec 2015

'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.' - The Velveteen Rabbit
ok, it's more how it is written. I'll explain why I found I could not resonate to it and was put off when reading it.

"Imposition is difficult " "First of all, this is hard, and it will take time - a lot of time"

It puts a one shoe fits all mold onto everyone. What if someone is great at this stuff and on reading that now thinking "oh it's going to be hard" What a person thinks can affect their ability to make a tulpa in both positive and negative ways.

My first tulpa Violet who one could say was programmed completely differently to Jesse (the stuff with Violet got out of hand so I have not used the same meta kind of process to do Jesse with), she was strong immediately on her forming. She started speaking from outside myself right away, she also was partly physical imposed immediately and took on form outside myself etc. On my just thinking about her all night and on how I was going to make a tulpa she formed (I was doing high powered meta yogi meditations (not to do with tulpa making though) among other things at the time and that is "one" of the reasons why I believe she happened and imposed EASILY (I also did something quite differently). I did NIL meditation or visualization before she was at a point in which take most ages to get a tulpa too.. just extremely deep thinking (while taking notes the whole time) of how I wanted her to be and what expectations I had with her.

(I went into all this at a point I don't think I had even read a tulpa guide. I'd just heard about this thing called tulpas and believed I could make this tulpa thing. I carried no expectations at all about how long or short this would take to do. I simply knew I could do it and went into this with the knowing I could without thinking of any of that stuff. My intention had been to read the how tos for all this the next day.. but then Violet just appeared next to me while I'm sitting at my computer thinking about what I'd like her to be like and started from outside me speaking).

so anyway, I thought and planned about all night how I'd do a tulpa and then suddenly she was there fully aware and quite imposed. So can you see why I'm not resonated with these quotes of how hard this is going to be which makes it sound like it's hard every time for all.. If I had read that guide first quite possibly I would not have had the experience I had with my first tulpa. Most here would know how things like the original thoughts of tulpas eg having to count hours, did affect the progress of many in the beginning.. it is not good to put rules like "that is going to be hard" onto everyone.

The guide should state everyone is different.. maybe most will find it hard but for some that may not be the case (I'd think though for the average person who isnt doing yogic practices it may be hard but dont put that onto everyone cause it may not necessarily be the case). Everyone is different and individual tulpas too may be different (I didn't form Jesse to be high powered like Violet, I'm having two quite different experiences between having these two very different tulpas. Where as Violet formed and was strong there without trying at all.. Jesse I've had to work hard at and still working on things hard at).

"One of the most important truths you can remember with imposition is that senses are the most vivid when together."

Thou that is true, I also do find it misleading as it could lead people to believe that individual senses can not be just as vivid as real life without the others. Eg when a tulpa talks to me from outside myself, it is NO DIFFERENT to real life, that sense of hearing it could not be any more vivid.

"Visual Imposition

I figured I'd start here, because if you don't have even a lick of visuals, there's no mannequin to smell, taste, etc., because you can't see it."

This is untrue. One can impose being able to smell your tulpa, taste your tulpa etc etc without being able to see the tulpa. You do not have to see a "mannequin" (I hate that word being used in a guide as it makes one think of the tulpa as like a doll rather than a person like one needs to think to create a tulpa more easily, do not think of your tulpas being lifeless dolls!) to know you have your tulpa there and be able to impose other things.

One can tell this guide was done by someone who is visual who has doesn't seem to understand at all that you can think of tulpa being before you without being able to see it yet still have imposition success with the senses.

That is as far as I got in reading this guide. I couldn't resonate to stuff being said in it so have never read it further. It has potential to make things more difficult for some just like the hour count thing which used to be, held many back. It is not a suitable guide for all.
Working on imposition
(11-02-2019, 06:52 PM)GeorgeTownRaja Wrote: How do I imagine playing a game with someone?

It depends on the game. I don't recommend chess unless you can remember all of the piece positions. Games like tic-tac-toe in wonderland can be fun.
I'm Gray's/Cat_ShadowGriffin's Tulpa and I love Hippos (but see, I'm not a hippo)! I also like forum games and chatting about stuff.
My other head-mates have their own account now.
Temporary Log | Chat | Yay!
(11-02-2019, 06:52 PM)GeorgeTownRaja Wrote: How do I imagine playing a game with someone?

I'd think you would have to be good at visualization to imagine playing a board game.  It would be easier if your tulpa is vocal to play a guessing game with tulpa.
Working on imposition
Those are some fair criticisms, but they're not about the method itself. Sometimes you just have to read the method and take what you like from it, knowing that statements like "this is really hard" can be discarded.
My tulpa Aya writes in this color.
(11-08-2019, 03:56 PM)YukariTelepath Wrote: Those are some fair criticisms, but they're not about the method itself. Sometimes you just have to read the method and take what you like from it, knowing that statements like "this is really hard" can be discarded.

yes, so I guess I should say I have an issue with the guide itself and not the method (though I still haven't the rest to be to comment on that)
Working on imposition