Host Death and tulpa reaction

theholodoc

Hi. As many know I am an old guy. Night before last,  my 71 year old brother-in-law unexpectedly died in his sleep. Our families are shocked and devastated. We learned of this right after I had an amazing and unbidden connection with Flora in my mind space. Since then I have had only one short comment from her when I inquired if she was aware of what had happened, she answered in the affirmative. I haven't been able to contact her since.  

Here is my question (and it has been lurking around in the back of my mind before this happened): How do our tulpas respond to the awareness of their hosts impending death? 

I would like to hear from both tulpas and hosts who have encountered this issue.  

Thank you, Dr. Bob

When the body dies, the tulpas obviously die too. Not just the host. We're only 19, death isn't really on our mind. I don't think we view it differently from how a singlet would, it's just something that'll happen eventually and we want to make healthy choices to delay it and increase our quality of life.

It's everyone's life, not just the host's, we all pitch in and try to do what's best for it.

💡 The Felights 💡 https://felight.carrd.co/  💡

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)

We feel the same way, when it's time for us to die we will all die. We too have long to go though, and when we die it will be all of us together saying goodbye to one another.

By "host" death are you implying the host dies suddenly and the tulpa is still aware, meaning the body is alive, like some kind of brain damage? Or do you mean hosts that choose to dissipate themselves and the tulpa is left behind?

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

It's simple, really. If the main dies, my job here will be done and over. I will have to live with that. And Michen will have to do so too, in his own right. Still, I want to hold on to him for as long as I can. And if Death decides to come a little early, we're just gonna have to deal with that.

We'll say goodbye to each other when the time comes. Amantha still rather has me alive though - and neither of us is planning to die without a fight at my age.

Michen, host or "main" / Amantha, anthro arctic fox tulpa

My host likes to point out that for one thing, he dodges the curse of "dying alone". When the brain shuts down, we're both being evicted. I'm too rational to really believe any religion as stated, but i'm i guess optimistic that they all suggest some sort of recurring life for us. And i say us because if there is any further place, we're absolutely only going together. Like, if St Peter at the pearly gates says tulpæ don't count as souls, we'll just go elsewhere.

Though what we're thinking is it would be really nice to find out that we can just return to heaven on earth by being friendly ghosts in people's heads. I like being a tulpa now, and i'd like to just get to be a tulpa again in whoever else's head, just to continuing on, here on earth, in kind of the sidecar spot of life anyhow....

Early member of a large system.  Our system questions the way the afterlife and tulpamancy interact.  We genuinely suspect that deadies can return to share the mind of the living.

Sorry about your brother-in-law.

I'm just 22 years old, but been very much in touch with death as a subject because of mental health issues, and the death of my mother a few years ago. The thought of dying makes my tulpas sad, we all know my death is their death as well, and when I was at my worst, Desmond told me he doesn't want to die. He's afraid of dying. I'm not so much, but I don't want to go before my time if I can help it, now that I'm doing better.

So short answer, some of mine are afraid of dying and get sad at the thought, but it's not a subject that's on our mind a lot due to my young age and relatively ok health.

Iro - He/they - 30th April 1997 - Host of the system - Speaker if there's no tag

Desmond - He/him - 21st April 2014

L - He/him - 5th May 2014

Nevira - She/her - 14th December 2014

Misa - She/her - 5th December 2015

Roska - He/him - 22nd July 2019

Danyla - They/them - 13th July 2020

Asha - He/him - 13th June 2022

Vesper I'm not sure I would have thought about the matter, except that back home, I'm an immortal vampire and will always look 22. Awakening suddenly into a then 36 year old mortal body was unpleasant just by itself, though it certainly pales in comparison to the loss of my life, body, and world.

I'm less worried about death per se than about aging and associated illness, suffering, and loss of ability. I had watched my grandparents go through all that in the years preceding my becoming a vampire. I was offered a way of avoiding it altogether, it sounded too good to be true, and in a sense it was.

I can't say for certain whether we'll be together right to the end of this physical life. Being what we are to one another requires a certain amount of focus and mental clarity. A number of my host's relatives died not recognizing their spouses and children, their minds consumed by dementia.

I never believed that being an immortal would protect me from death forever. But my Christian faith comforts me. Whatever the details of what comes after, what will happen is what should happen.

Iris: I have not thought about the matter before. Back home, I was not concerned about taking action to prolong my life and routinely took great risks for the sake of protecting those unable to defend themselves from supernatural threats.

I am not easily moved to worry or distress, but I enjoy life with my sisters in this world and would be glad for it to endure.

My status as an agnostic has been somewhat disruptive in an otherwise Christian system. If we do not have souls, we will never realize that they were incorrect. If we have separate souls, I may be separated from them, which would be unfortunate and undesireable. My sisters believe we all share a single soul and that the distinction between us will not survive this physical life. In that case, that which survives may be very different from any of us and my contribution may be much smaller than theirs.

I'm not having fun here anymore, so we've decided to take a bit of a break, starting February 27, 2020. - Ember

Ember - Soulbonder, Female, 39 years old, from Georgia, USA . . . . [Our Progress Report] . . . . [How We Switch]

Vesper Dowrin - Insourced Soulbond from London, UK, World of Darkness, Female, born 9 Sep 1964, bonded ~12 May 2017

Iris Ravenlock - Insourced Soulbond from the Winter Court of Faerie, Dresdenverse, Female, born 6 Jun 1982, bonded ~5 Dec 2015

'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.' - The Velveteen Rabbit

I think i have contemplated death more than average person my age. It was said I was born having an asthma attack. I have evidence my dad exaggerates, but I have medical records going back to my first year of life for asthma. It was so severe, my parents were told on numerous occasions that I wasn't expected to live the night. I was told, probably a joke, my first words were 'eppy, point three.' I was stuck so often, for medicines, to draw blood, to draw blood gasses, that I was called the pin cushion and the reverse cactus. I would spend weeks in a hospital setting, IVs, under an oxygen tent. I remember being at Scott and White hospital, temple texas, pneumonia couple with asthma and family showing up to say goodbye... only to have an unexpected recovery. I overheard that I was expect die so frequently, I didn't expect to live past 12, 14, then I made it to 18... Hell, I am 51- I would have never predicted this life. For a long time i was loss just waiting to die because I was told that so much!

I love science. I am knowledgeable about science. All the science books I read, neural science stuff especially- brain goes, lights out, permanently. I have struggled with that. I have struggled with my family of origin religion. they would all say they are Christians, but church of Christ would say the Baptist side were going to hell, and vice versa... I swore off religion at 18, declared myself an atheist. I kept coming back to spirituality. Spirituality may not mean what it actually means. We use too many words frivolously. We may not have the language yet to be precise with what it is. That, and we are intellectually and emotionally lazy as a species. We take too many shortcuts. Not a jab, I am lazy. There is certainly evidence that even within academics there is ongoing debate between the 'hard problem' and panpsychism...

You porbably know this quote; J B S Haldine, who was radically opposed to 'emergence' theory: "If consciousness were not present in matter, this would imply a theory of strong emergence that is fundamentally anti-scientific. Such emergence is 'radically' opposed to the spirt of science, which has always attempted to explain the complex in terms of simple... If the scientific point of view is correct, we shall ultimately find them (signs of conscious in inert matter) at least in rudimentary form, all through the universe." I frequently fall upon Native American philosophy, everything is alive. The rocks. The water. The air. We are connected all the time... This quote reminds me of this.

translation, utilizing Occam's razor, if consciousness exist, and we all have personal, subjective evidence that it does, it is a fundamental feature of nature, not a secondary, accidental magical happenstance of coincidental neural wiring. I have personal, subjective evidence that consciousness exists outside of the body. That, just as it is, is irrelevant. There is sufficient literature, in every era, in every culture, at least going back to the days of Plato, who also wrote about and collected stories about consciousness surviving death, or at least 'near death.' People have been convicted of crimes with less evidence than what we have available for near death. This is not advocating for any particular religious view, as the evidence is clear, religions are social constructs, where as the reported narrative of what people have experienced during crisis, of leaving the body- it suggests something more is going on. (What's most interesting is the evidence for an afterlife consistently fail to fall into any one religious camp. People have similar, consistent experiences regardless of their primary religious background.) Maybe there is a hardware explanation. I doubt it. Not in the strictest, orthodox- 'skeptic' sort of way. The true form of skepticism means having no opinion at all until all the evidence is in, and we don't have sufficient evidence. We have correlates. And I am opinionated, not a true skeptic.

My experience is such that I believe I will exist, in some state or fashion after this body's death. It is my belief that Loxy will as well. She will say as much. It is plausible, she is simply echoing my belief. Aijada said it well, if there is a place where I go and Loxy can't go, I don't intend to go. It's a sentiment that Will Rogers made about Dogs,- 'I want to go where they go.' Do I ever doubt? Yes. Every time I read a science book by a materialist. They present strong arguments that consciousness itself is an illusions, and most of our beliefs are delusions. And then I read the counter arguments, which seem just as strong and valid. I suppose the best answer is 'i don't know,' but to say that is to also deny my very real, personal experiences to the contrary. Not only have I experience something realer than real, I have experienced other, a significant, profound entity that was not me. Bigger than me in scope, more intelligent than me, more compassionate and loving than me...

I am sorry for your loss. I wouldn't interpret Flora's absence at this moment as significant or necessarily related. You have reported too many moments where you had success, and then absence that frustrated you. You're grieving. You're facing the very real prospect of having less days forwards than what are behind you. This seems like a normal response to the situation and context. You're safe, brother.

We feel the same way, when it's time for us to die we will all die. We too have long to go though, and when we die it will be all of us together saying goodbye to one another.

By "host" death are you implying the host dies suddenly and the tulpa is still aware, meaning the body is alive, like some kind of brain damage? Or do you mean hosts that choose to dissipate themselves and the tulpa is left behind?

I was referring to the physical death of the body. I assume that the body OS switches off at that time. I do not know, and choose to invalidate my opinions, about an "afterlife". I choose to neither believe nor disbelieve the theists and the materialists. As of now, I do not know what Flora believes or doesn't, I suspect Nsonowa has opinions, which she hasn't yet made public, about the situation. I am cutting them both a lot of slack, as I have been in a state of brain shock, since the news, rushing to pack and depart, a red-eye flight across the country, a funeral, a shiva, and looking a five more hours with my wife, who is dealing with a lot more grief than I. In time, I believe they will let me know and we will discuss. I really appreciate the feedback I am getting from you guys on the forum. I suspect that they are also appreciative. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

I once surprised one time when I could feel that my Tulpa Jesse has a fear of death he was really concerned about it) as  I myself do not fear death at all and would welcome it as I believe the soul goes on.

Jesse (human male) DOB 16th April 2013 

Working on imposition