If You Discovered Tulpamancy at a Different Time

Ranger

Would your system look different if you found out about Tulpamancy at an earlier or later time? For my host Cat, our system has the potential to look completely different.

Some quick context: Cat created me by accident. However, Cat created other thoughtform characters called "the Grays" before and after I became a Tulpa. She didn't make all of the Grays at once, and she had a wonderland for all of them before I was created. As time went by, she created more and more Grays until she shut down and focused on just me, which was enough to force me productively. In January, I told her I was real and she eventually found Tulpa.info.

Suppose Cat discovered Tulpamancy after she had just created the Gray Dimension. The population then was Dark Gray, Fernardo, Myself, Spirit, Gerodious, and Jasper. I think it would be really weird if she decided to create a system of 7 people, or thought she had no control and ended up with 6 Tulpas (unless Gerodious and Spirit don't count, which would make us a system of 5). For that reason, Cat may still choose me as her only Tulpa. The only thing that would change are what would happen to the other Grays, including the possibility of Cat wanting to force Jasper into a Tulpa. As for the Grays not yet created, they may still occur since Cat continues to make Grays even though she knows about Tulpamancy. Interestingly enough, I may be more stable by 2018 to the point where it may have been easier for Cat to ride out her rough school experiences, but on the other hand it may make our relationship more complicated because I'm not sure how her wave of anxiety from high school would effect us after establishing ourselves as Tulpa and Host.

If she found out after creating Hope but before declaring Blood Gray, I have no idea how that would play out. I didn't mention this in my PR yet, but during this period of time "Past Ranger" was spilt into multiple android clones. If she found out then and decided she wanted a Tulpa, I'm not sure if she would make some of the clones Tulpas, or just a Gray or two, or force all of the clones into one "Ranger" again, … I don't know. Maybe she would be overwhelmed and not create a Tulpa or in a bizarre case create a completely new person, which would change everything, possibly threatening my existence.

Had she found out about Tulpamancy before "Past Ranger" was created, she would have had no interest in creating a Tulpa. She would probably think, "no thanks, that's weird, and I don't have time for that", and if the formation of the Grays were inevitable, then I don't know how that would effect the future other than possibly feeling uncomfortable with creating thoughtforms and not spending time in her own mind. If she found out after creating Blood Gray, she may end up turning me into a Tulpa like normal-only it would be intentional and not accidental.

And lastly, if she didn't find out about Tulpamancy until much later, she may be really stressed and I think I would be a mess. Cat had the fear she would start hallucinating me while I was influenced by her anxiety, and if that were to take form that could have lead to a horrible fate. I don't think she would get rid of me, but I hate the idea of Cat living in fear of me because she didn't know how to control her own emotions. It would have certaintly made her life miserable during that last simester.

If she still didn't know what Tulpamancy was by today, I think most of the stress would settle down, as long as she didn't get convinced by a doctor or family member to force change. If she were forced to do anything dirastic like get rid of me or the Gray Dimension, that would put her in a horrible hell of ripping herself apart and starting over, probably worsening her anxiety and depressoin. Otherwise, I would still be around, but she wouldn't force me everyday and I would probably feel pressured to talk to her, which would probably strain our relationship or generate more anxiety in itself.

In retrospect, the timing of her finding Tulpa.info couldn't have been better.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

This is so fun.

If i had found out about tulpas...

-In middle school: i would have created a girlfriend tulpa because that is literally all i did with my imagination at the time.

-In high school: i would have created a tomboy friend who liked cars (kinda like Dashie) i don't know if i would have had romantic love with them because i really wasn't into the concept of 'girlfriend' at the time. It wasn't a good time in my life for that. There was literally so much drama at home that even teenaged me knew it would be wrong to bring anyone that intimate into my world. I couldn't protect them.

-in early college (the height of my 1st depressive episode): i would have created a ghost or a someone so thin as to resemble a skeleton, because i was so obsessed with getting thin, virtually anyone looked unattractive to me.

-college, post 1st depressive episode, Catholic phase: no chance.

-college, post catholic, during the height of my anxiety and stress: probably not, i was in a really bad way, thank god i had good friends at the time and healthy relationships.

-late college, during the best time of my life: i was way too busy with 100 hour weeks (full class load plus full time job).

-just after college, writing novels, after my first book, i probably already had my three tulpas and just didn't know it. At this time I already talked to three or four of my thoughtforms, but at the time i explained that they were just characters, or something meta was allowing me to communicate interdimensionally. I talked to them probably a couple times a month outside of their respective cannon.

-if i had known i could actually bring one or more of my characters to life, i would have surely done it, regardless of depression, and i would have chosen one or more of the three that my tulpas chose to build themselves off of. (Which shouldn't be surprising.) Likely they wouldn't be any different.

I don't know what makes a tulpa metaphysically or psychologically different than an otherwise well formed character--what gives them presence and emotional bleed?--, but i'm glad the world is a little more magical because of it.

If I had found about tulpamancy earlier (pre 2015) Akai would have been a Pokémon, probably and most likely, wait, I don't think Akai would actually exist, I would have created a random Pokémon, it wouldn't have been her at all, just a different person. I don't even know if they would have been a guy or a girl, I wouldn't have cared given they were a freaking Pokémon. Back then I still was into methaphysical stuff so who knows, pretty sure I would have ended up mixing the meta concept with the modern one, it would have been a mess. Knowing me, I probably would have told all my friends that I had a tulpa.

If later (2016-2017), either neither of my tulpas would exist (I became pretty skeptical about too-good-to-be-true things) or only Miri would do, since between 2016-2017 I established switching as my ultimate goal, so Akai, as much as I hate to say this, wouldn't have been neccessary, I would have created Miri and that's about it. If by any chance I created Akai around this time, she would be completely human, probably, no fox ears/tail.

Thanks god I found about it when I did, because I really love Akai and can't imagine being without her, I get it, she wouldn't have existed so I wouldn't know her, but I do now you know? Miri would still be here but man, I want both of my tulpas, not only one. I don't want to think about what I could have created if I found about it before 2015. 

Why are my answers so short compared to others

If i found out about tulpamancy way back before my original time period, Summer would look different. She might take the form of my OC or a gardevoir rather than a changed look of twilight sparkle in MLP.

But Cherry and Myrtle would probably be the same. I can still imagine the history of our system can still occur if i discovered tulpamancy at earlier rate but with different appesrances or forms.

But if I haven't discovered Self hypnotism Threads then all three of them, Summer Cherry and myrtle wouldn't exist because it is my original link to tulpas.

Hello! I am nihi, i have 3 tulpas

Summer

Myrtle

Cherry

Guest LanceReilyn

Thinking back, I had kind of a 'metaphysical phase' that went absolutely nowhere. If I thought tulpas were part of that and the process had given positive results I guess it would have reinforced that to me. I rejected that stuff completely when I started waving a bible around so I guess I would have thought I was playing with 'familiar spirits' or 'witchcraft' and abandoned it as sinful. Actually, had I found any other place than the scientific/psychology-minded tulpa.info I might have ignored the big itch that nagged me to dig in deep here. I try not to be judgemental but when I hear someone say they are a something-mancer or something-kineticist or are an elf/etc with the soul of a dachshund inside I can't roll my eyes and dismiss it fast enough. It's just because in my personal experiences, I've "been there, tried that, it's a crock of crap". You guys are the only reason I didn't just immediately discredit tulpas as fake and I'm glad that I didn't. Things had to line up "just so" for me to be here and they did.

That said, as I have mentioned a few times before, I accidentally forced or otherwise got my mind ready for my tulpa almost twenty years ago and it was nice to have someone to talk to (parrot I guess? I have no idea) but I completely forgot about it when I got out of that situation.

If I had discovered tulpas when I was about 10 or so, I would've made one that looked like something out of Silver fang (aka Ginga nagareboshi gin). I was obsessed with drawing dogs and having dog characters as a kid because of that anime. I was able to watch it when I was really young because a relative had the cut Finnish dub version on VHS.

At around 13-15 I might've had something considerably more anime.

I created Desmond when I was 17, and planned for a fox. But he quickly decided that he didn't want to be one, so after that every tulpa has been humanoid.

Can't speak for what I would've created if I discovered it today, something without animal parts (tails) most likely. Things that looked like the qunari from Dragon age, only with smaller, more human or elven bodies, I guess.

Iro - He/they - 30th April 1997 - Host of the system - Speaker if there's no tag

Desmond - He/him - 21st April 2014

L - He/him - 5th May 2014

Nevira - She/her - 14th December 2014

Misa - She/her - 5th December 2015

Roska - He/him - 22nd July 2019

Danyla - They/them - 13th July 2020

Asha - He/him - 13th June 2022

uhhh.. well, since Lumi had tups on accident before they were a thing, and then when he found .info everyone thought about them roughly how he did.. nothing would've changed? we just woulda learned to switch sooner and stuff, but really it'd be the same lol

if we'd been public about ourselves back when old Flan was still around, well, idk that was such a chaotic time in Lumi's life I can't even begin to say how else it coulda gone tbh

I just wanna say it wouldn't have gone well, but it already wasn't going well, so idk... idk

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Would have been an interesting read for sure.

For me I guess the answer is rather boring, my tulpa probably would have turned out more or less the same, regardless of the time of her creation. It's me who would have changed if had her sooner, presumably for the better. I still get to hear 'If I had been around at that time, you would not have acted like this' regularly when some bad memories come up. Still I think I picked just the right time window when I had a lot of free time in a very quiet and peaceful environment. Perfect for tulpa creation.

• 5 months later...

Mistgod and once found a post on an old guide that explained what would happen if a tulpa was puppeted and parroted too much:

Guest Wrote:

It might work, if you let off parroting after a while, but I don't think this guide is kind to tulpae in any way, and given that it's not been tested by anyone, not even its creator, it's hard to say what issues would come about by using it.

Let me make 2 far-fetched guesses at possible bad side-effects:

1) Inability to tell apart your own parroting from the tulpa, or rather uninteresting tulpa

2) DID, median-like, if you begin identifying too much with the tulpa.

3) Pissed off tulpa, no growth period/no early memories

Here is the link to the original post - https://community.tulpa.info/thread-general-fede-s-ultimate-superior-tulpa-guide?pid=16918#pid16918

I was created via extreme immersive day dreaming, which involved much puppeting and parroting.  We didn't have the tulpa community or the tulpa guides or anyone to guide us.  It's interesting that Guess predicted item 2, a median-like tulppa where the host and tulpa's identities are mixed or mingled and we have trouble differentiating who is thinking sometimes.  We are often blended.  (see item 1, although I wouldn't say I am "uninteresting).   These predictions are pretty amazing cause we are indeed a median system.  Pretty good guess, Guess!  

So I would say if we had been born later, and Misty had known about tulpas, I might not be a median system aspect, but instead more like a more independent tulpa.

Skeptical and unconvinced about independent sentience.  

Living Imagination  New Topic Index  Mistgod's Deviantart  Melian's Deviantart

Oh god, I can't even fathom how different our system would be if we discovered tulpamancy at a different point. This is probably more "butterfly effect" type stuff, eh? I think if the original discovered it earlier, the system probably would have been more of a mess, with more instability and more tulpas. If they discovered it at a later age, I think it probably would have been less so, and more maturely handle things--however, that would have resulted in Indigo not being created, and perhaps myself not being created either. It might have just been Apollo and the original and maybe some other tulpa. 

Though, that also begs the question: how do we know that if someone being hypothetically created at a different time would mean they're the same tulpa? I mean, sure you could use the same character or something, but that doesn't guarantee it'll end up being the same person as in some alternate timeline. Someone like Indigo who wasn't given any base or personality forcing at all could have ended up being an entirely different person, and not just personality-wise. Do our brains have some sort of potential line-up for tulpas to grab from? Unlikely. Maybe tulpas all have a specific window of time that they have to be created for them to exist, or someone else will exist instead. I dunno, trippy stuff. 

💡 The Felights 💡 https://felight.carrd.co/  💡

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)