Stanford Tulpa Study looking for more participants
(if you're chosen they'll pay for travel and lodging!)

[General] Kiahdaj's Absolute Guide to Tulpas
(04-19-2013, 09:22 PM)imahaxor Wrote: Huh, I had no idea you were working on a guide Kiahdaj.

I skimmed over it and it seems pretty solid. In fact, I kinda wish I had this guide when I first started. You did a nice job making this guide as broad as possible; it includes pretty much everything a beginner would need to know.

There is one thing I feel that this guide needs, though. It needs a section or a disclaimer that asks the reader to think about the consequences of making a tulpa. Most people don't seem to realize that creating a tulpa is a life-long commitment. They don't think for the long-term. That's when you end up with dissipations, attention starvation, and negativity in tulpa-host relationships. Not to mention hoards of accidental tulpa, or tulpas thrown in stasis because the hosts can't handle them. Potential hosts need to know that there are consequences for their actions, and that they need to take the process seriously. It doesn't help that the vast majority of new users are in their teens, and most teenagers just don't think about these things. This section would be a big help and I believe it's vital for success. I would add it around the "Why should I create a Tulpa?" or before the conclusion.

Accidental tulpas? Anything from this sounds like it would be on purpose. Are you referring to tulpas made on accident without someone even knowing tulpas are a topic in the world? Hm...

I disagree that a reason for not making a tulpa would be that someone's own personality, etc, is changing, or that that even stops when you're not a teenager anymore. If you're experiencing and living, parts of you can change, so that person should say no one should risk creating one. Also, I think this is already known but if someone doesn't think it's feeling and more like a program, the 'sentient being' warning won't mean anything to them. I myself am having a hard time thinking that they are actually feeling... can we create a 'soul' just by imagining its there, and whether we think up a personality or not? I think there would be more to it, but I don't know. I'm not sure where my own feeling comes from.

And then, the whole "sickening" thing... honestly, just how equal are they to a person? It should be sickening to oneself that they'd even trap someone in their body if they consider them full people - I certainly wouldn't want my consciousness stuck in you, with sometimes only ONE person who can even interact with me fully.

And remember that some people don't see it as they "might" not be alive...some people see it as not possible through us, and more like making a programmed psi ball. Those who think we have no consciousness separate from our bodies don't even believe that tulpa are energy forms like psi balls at all - just imaginary friends, like the ones that "died" when you were a kid, but with more signs that they are there.

Are there any cases of tulpas disappearing on their own when the person doesn't pay attention or stops believing they are there, I wonder? That's a good question... and if the tulpa's personality can change just because you wanted to change it. If it's true that they go just because your body died, they certainly can't be real consciousness, imo. For people that think we don't have one outside of our bodies, then tulpa truly are just imaginary friends and not actual people, I guess.

And then the whole not turning out as you like thing, ouch, that's like getting a random friend stuck to your hip.

Also.. tulpa as sex mates... o.O... and pony ones? Actual ponies, or human personalities stuck in pony bodies? -shudders-

Interesting "Switching" section. Indeed, if it worked, they would have all of your responsibilities. I say, if they truly want to, then it's fine, even if they were originally your responsibilities.

Ooo, also, the whole escaping life thing is harsh. I wouldn't want to do it, but it's incorrect that everything in one's life is one's own doing.. that goes against the very definition of life. You're being affected by everyone and everything else around you, and can't take good responsibility nor bad responsibility for EVERYTHING - good or bad - that happens to you. There are some people out there that didn't do a thing to be where they are, for instance, and others who had things they have to deal with now literally done to them, as literally done to as switching with a tulpa- to say otherwise would be victim blaming.

If someone wants to escape their life (not by switching with tulpa), whether it be in books, suicide, etc, that's not 'pathetic.' Sometimes it's perfectly understandable.. it's one thing to say one should keep on livin', it's another to say it's pathetic not to want to no matter what happens, in fact, it's random. There's no basis for it except random condescension.

Messages In This Thread
Kiahdaj's Absolute Guide to Tulpas - by Kiahdaj - 04-19-2013, 08:29 PM
RE: Kiahdaj's Absolute Guide to Tulpas - by Yori - 09-10-2013, 05:26 AM
RE: Kiahdaj's Absolute Guide to Tulpas - by Spice - 04-21-2013, 02:51 PM
RE: Kiahdaj's Absolute Guide to Tulpas - by Anonymous - 04-23-2013, 07:29 PM
RE: Kiahdaj's Absolute Guide to Tulpas - by Anonymous - 04-28-2013, 07:01 PM
RE: Kiahdaj's Absolute Guide to Tulpas - by Anonymous - 04-29-2013, 03:42 PM
RE: Kiahdaj's Absolute Guide to Tulpas - by Anonymous - 04-30-2013, 01:15 PM
RE: Kiahdaj's Absolute Guide to Tulpas - by Anonymous - 05-01-2013, 11:03 AM
RE: Kiahdaj's Absolute Guide to Tulpas - by Anonymous - 05-30-2013, 06:27 PM
RE: Kiahdaj's Absolute Guide to Tulpas - by tania - 06-06-2013, 10:52 AM
RE: Kiahdaj's Absolute Guide to Tulpas - by Anonymous - 08-12-2013, 05:19 PM