• Added "Forcing Should not be a chore"

September 21st, 2013:

• Corrected grammar errors
  • Revised some sections
  • Added "Your Tulpa Should be a Tulpa First, and a Form Second"

August 7th, 2016:

• Corrected errors and added slight clarifications throughout

August 9th, 2017:

• Pointed link for Oguigi's & Koomer's possession guide to Wayback archive.

November 15th, 2020:

• Made it look less disgusting
  • Also removed the table of contents at the top, because apparently Google docs has that built-in now.

French Changelog:

July 27th, 2013:

• Added

July 29th, 2013:

• Added permanent link

September 8th, 2013:

• Updated (see notes in "French Version:")
  • Changed link

November 20th, 2013

• Updated

Italian Changelog:

August 12th, 2013:

• Added

August 18th, 2013:

• Changed Link

September 12th, 2013:

• Updated

Russian Changelog:

December 19th, 2013

• Added

French Version:

dragonclaw has kindly taken much time to translate this entire guide into French. Currently, this version contains all sections that can be found in the original English version, but lacks the revisions done to other sections in the past.

Italian Version:

This version, translated by the user "dreamy" (you'll always be noobdreamer to me) should currently be up-to-date, besides the most recent English update.

Russian Version:

This version of the guide was recently translated by the user Leopold, of his own accord. Much thanks to him for the hard work.

For all the non-English versions of the guide, note the date of creation in comparison to the latest update of the English version. I will not tell you every time one of the versions is not completely up to date. You can figure that out yourself. If it was not up-to-date when it was posted, I will let you know as I did the French version.

For those of you who want to translate this guide:

Don't.

At least not yet. I should have made serious note of this earlier, but I intend to do some major revisions to this guide, such that any translation done now would be severely outdated by the time I'm finished.

On top of that, there is also a possibility that this guide may be taken down altogether.

As always, let me know what you think, and if there are any sections you'd like to see added.

It's worth noting that I still plan to reword/revise some of the paragraphs. I feel like I didn't get my point across as eloquently as possible. But until then, make do with my rough-draft wording.

Edited by Kiahdaj

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

• Answers 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Huh, I had no idea you were working on a guide Kiahdaj.

I skimmed over it and it seems pretty solid. In fact, I kinda wish I had this guide when I first started. You did a nice job making this guide as broad as possible; it includes pretty much everything a beginner would need to know.

There is one thing I feel that this guide needs, though. It needs a section or a disclaimer that asks the reader to think about the consequences of making a tulpa. Most people don't seem to realize that creating a tulpa is a life-long commitment. They don't think for the long-term. That's when you end up with dissipations, attention starvation, and negativity in tulpa-host relationships. Not to mention hoards of accidental tulpa, or tulpas thrown in stasis because the hosts can't handle them. Potential hosts need to know that there are consequences for their actions, and that they need to take the process seriously. It doesn't help that the vast majority of new users are in their teens, and most teenagers just don't think about these things. This section would be a big help and I believe it's vital for success. I would add it around the "Why should I create a Tulpa?" or before the conclusion.

My Tulpa

And then it cuts to a scene where you're sitting in a padded cell.

Thanks a lot, for the kind words.

I'm very glad you mentioned the consequences thing. That was actually something I had in mind, earlier in the process. I made the mistake of not planning the guide out at all, so there were bound to be parts I'd forget, and leave out.

I will be sure to add that some time, but I just recently finished the guide after working on it almost non stop, so I'm in no mood to edit it right away.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

Its Marvelous :D

I've learned its also vital for the host to practice a whole other concept, learning to actually enjoy it. If they dread forcing or don't see it as something to get them through the day it'll drain their will and they'll develop tulpa-fatigue (where the host gets tired of forcing and obtains mild belief issues) Stress and worry also seem to cause me to take a step back in development. I would treat, "Going with the flow happily and relax-fully" as you would narration, visualization etc.

Heres my motto. "Enjoy what you have now and any other progress is merely bonus!"

Amazing guide Kiahdaj. Also Hi Setsuna!!! :D

I haven't actually read it yet, but it looks like a table of contents would be useful here.

That's not a bad idea. I do think people should really give the whole thing a read anyway, but if someone is looking for help in a specific area, a table of contents could be useful.

I'll probably add that, later.

I've learned its also vital for the host to practice a whole other concept, learning to actually enjoy it-...

Ahh, that's something I should have thought of. I'm a little surprised I didn't.

Yes, I will probably add that forcing should not be a chore, and ways to keep it from being such, in the "Mindset" section.

Thanks for the ideas, everyone.

At this rate, it truly will become complete.

if I can work up the motivation to actually work on it more

But Kiahdaj... what if my tulpa likes turkey sandwiches?

*dun dun dun*

Anyway, great guide. I love it, it should definitely be spread around.

Despite the name, the host bodybody is the one usually using this account. 

Spice was born in 2013 and Tomoe was born in 2014.

I like your guide a lot. It's simple, but not too simple. The mindset part of it is my favorite.

"Assert the supremacy of your Imaginal acts over facts and put all things in subjection to them... Nothing can take it from but your failure to persist in imagining the ideal realized."

-Neville Goddard

Within the next few days, I'm hoping to work up the motivation to edit the guide.

I'm going to add the suggestions that have been given so far, as well as some that have been given by others, and things I recognize that I'd forgotten, myself.

In the meantime, if any of you feel that there is anything "missing" from this guide, please, speak up. At the very least, I will take it into consideration.