Looking for advice!

Hal2000

Greetings!

I'm relatively new at this Thread posting lark, so if this thread needs to be moved, just let me know.

I started the process of creating a tulpa about three months ago, I have read through the Kiahdaj Creation guide along with a few others and have a decent grasp on the concept of a tulpa. My tulpas form is based upon a pony and her name is Astra, based upon the Greek word for curiosity. I aim to active force for an average of 30 minutes each day, and we have created a wonderland in the shape of the Tardis to aid in active Tulpaforcing (The concept of it being bigger on the inside lends itself brilliantly to expansion!) , along with narration throughout each day. I feel like we have definitely made progress, But recently it feels as if we've hit a dead end of sorts.

In summary, I'm looking for any advice, tips or guides that you found helpful!

I can't really give you any better advice than to keep it up, and read. There are dozens of guides, and hundreds of threads--even the duplicates could possibly help you. There's also the search function any time you are wondering about anything more specific.

Honestly, if you read around, there is very little you won't find an answer to. After that, it's up to you to force.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

Thanks for the responses!

Looking back after 3 months, the progress has been pretty good. I'm just trying to get over that mental 'brick wall'. I'll take the time to have a good look through the various threads and guides, and get a better concept of what I'm doing.

It's that same reflective ability that you're engaging in with previous experiential cases on your end that will help you know where to go to next. If anything, don't underestimate that ability for retrospect, and you'll do fine.

And that mental deadlock that people spend most of their time trying to conquer is difficult, but once the breakthroughs becomes real to you, it will stick in your head for the rest of your life. Words cannot describe enough of how those breakthroughs, at least on my end, contributed to several shifts in paradigms despite of the larger collection I've learned from lucid dreaming.

Once again, thanks for the response! Along with reading through the threads, Your words have actually helped quite a bit. I've let Astra know from the start that there's no pressure on how long it may take till she's fully vocal/sentient, so however long it takes I'm not going to give up. We'll keep going on with the support of the forum!

I moved the thread to Q & A because I thought you would have a better likelihood of answers here.

Please feel free to ask the staff if you need help with the site.

Once again, thanks for the response! Along with reading through the threads, Your words have actually helped quite a bit. I've let Astra know from the start that there's no pressure on how long it may take till she's fully vocal/sentient, so however long it takes I'm not going to give up. We'll keep going on with the support of the forum!

As for being at a dead end, one thing that has helped some, that I know of, is having another person's tulpa speak with yours (e.g. by text). I certainly hope for the best for you and Astra.

Please consider supporting Tulpa.info.

I suggest trying to get more creative with things if this hasn't been resolved yet. I got over my three month hump with Bud by changing almost everything. I was still doing the same things at the root of it, passive forcing through most of my day and active here and there when I had the time but at least a half hour a day. What I've lately made different though is I've added things that forces Bud to think more for himself.

I started parroting and puppeting him in our wonderland and he does his best to break my hold on move on his own. He's actually gotten quite good at it.

I don't just mindlessly narrate everything just to give him attention anymore; I try to look at what I'm currently doing and talk to him about it instead of at him about it. Trying to engage with him in more thoughtful conversation.

I've also recently instilled a no raw thought rule when we communicate. It had made us both lazy with how easily we could just "feel" the other's thoughts and feelings on something so now we both have to consciously stop and think out what we want to say, and then say it in mind voice before the other is "allowed" to respond.

I've started doing brain exercises with him. Elementary level math flash cards and bits of vocab here and there and he also helps me with my own, Lumosity games.

I'm not saying that any of these specific things will work for you, but maybe they will give you some ideas to change things up. Just in the last couple weeks, Bud's development has increased greatly and I think it's because we started doing things differently instead of letting them get stagnant.

Nice to see that this thread has got some answers!

In the last few days, I've started to mix things up which has helped tremendously. (Thanks Ashmo!) I've added a new room in the Tardis, which for some reason looks exactly like a forest. Exploring that room with Astra, (Though to be honest, I can't really call it a room due to its sheer size and the fact it has no roof =D) has been pretty neat! Along with reading through the threads and guides, cutting forcing down to at least 30 minutes a day has helped me focus more on the quality, not the quantity. I'm focusing on vocalization and possession for the time being, so it'll be neat to see how it all pans out in the upcoming weeks!

I found that exploration in the wonderland was a good way to stimulate both my and Thunderfall's imaginations, so it's good to know you're trying that yourself. You might find all sorts of things out there together, and I know Thunder has often been quite excited by visiting new places (you should have seen him when we went to Shinsu Field from Okami for the first time; he shot off like a bullet!)

I also agree with Nobillis' suggestion. Having Astra talk with other tulpas or their hosts can be very useful in encouraging independent thought, because she won't be able to predict what the other person will say, nor will you feel like you might be parroting her response based on what you want to hear. I feel Thunderfall has improved his communication tremendously through this method. If you would like to give it a try I would be happy to help out.

Thunderfall (goes by Thunder)

Male human

Melody

Female lamia