My tulpa made a weird noise?

LandofLogic

So I just started getting into tulpas, and have been working on my tulpa an hour or two a day. Right now I am working on personality and just talking to her, the actual visualization process has not started yet, though I know what she looks like.

Yesterday I was having a personality session, when I told her “I don’t even know what it will sound like when you start talking.” Immediately afterwards a noise that sounded sort of like a high pitched beep came. It wasn’t from something else, as it was right in my ear, but was not super loud.

I was pretty freaked out by this because I thought I had messed up something and now my tulpa could not speak. It may not have been her, I don’t know, but it’s weird that it happened right after I said that. She has talked to me through feeling though, like giving me head pressure when talking to her to answer things. Perhaps she was just showing me what it would sound like once I could hear her better, I am not sure, but I want to know if this is normal.

I was pretty freaked out by this because I thought I had messed up something and now my tulpa could not speak.

that's... quite a leap to make, you can't "mess up" tulpamancy just FYI, it's a long (permanent?) process that can always keep changing and nothing will change very drastically very quickly

just wrote a post about vocality here, but basically, it was probably just the beginnings of your mind figuring out how to like think things/etc. without being directly controlled by you. I mean for sure it was just randomness, but you might see it as progress! Just keep practicing talking to your tulpa and expecting them to be trying to respond!

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Tulpa creation is a very free-form process, and unless you're intentionally trying to ruin it or are just unwilling to put in effort, it's unlikely that you're going to mess things up. Don't worry about that. As for the noise, I don't think that it's related to your tulpa (your mind will fill in the blanks if you throw random questions out there) but it wouldn't hurt to attribute this to her.