The No-Bullshit Tulpa Book

Shinyuu

Question

(edited)

farcaller:

Well. It's live. At least some part of it.

The guide itself is here: http://vfp.in/nbtb, the proper announcement on reddit with details and stuff is here:

I'm not really familiar with the guides publication process in here, so eh. I wouldn't like if the text was copied over to the forum, as the text is subject to change for some corrections and extensions. The link is ok.

https://farcaller.gitbooks.io/nbtb/content/ - Working link provided by timethief -Ranger 

Edited by Ranger
Added timethief's working link to OP

• Answers 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

My impression of this guide is rather mixed in its current state. Every redirect to your glossary isn't working, but I guess this part is still work in progress, so I won't take this in consideration for now.

The structure of your book is a bit off in my opinion, even though you clearly made up your mind with it beforehand. For example you have a chapter "Creating a Tulpa", but it contains practically nothing regarding the creation process, it is rather a form of foreword for the rest of the chapters after it. I think you could probably put every section after "Creating a tulpa" as a subsection to it, like you already did with "Starting the practice".

The biggest problem I've with this guide is that it contains too much "blabbering". I don't think it is wrong to explain certain matters in great detail, and I like how you brought up aspects of ethics in your "before you start" section. I think a lot of guides are missing this. (Your view on consciousness is a bit weird, though). The way you're wording your book would be great for novel or some philosophical mind game, but for a regular guide it is a bit excessive. The biggest part of this book feels just like the prelude to the rather short real guidelike part.

Also:

This is a work of fiction.

This is kind of nullifying, isn't it? You basically say that everything that follows is just fantasy.

My conclusion: Don't get me wrong, overall you did a rather good job with this book, even though I mainly wrote about the negative aspects. As a regular book and introdution on the topic, it is a nice read. But as a guide it simply contains too much "blabbering" around the topic and lacks real guiding. Eh, I wouldn't complain if the other guys approve this as a guide (after you're done with editing it), but personally I am only going to approve this for resources (If you make your glossary work) for now.

Tulpa: Alice

Form: Realistic Humanoid/Demonic Creation

She may or may not talk here, depends on her.

farcaller:

> Every redirect to your glossary isn't working, but I guess this part is still work in progress, so I won't take this in consideration for now.

FFS. No, that's a bug. gitbooks had a new release yesterday and it looks like it broke lots of stuff.

> The structure of your book is a bit off in my opinion

Yes, I have a similar feeling and this is something to be improved.

> but for a regular guide it is a bit excessive

It's not a guide.

> You basically say that everything that follows is just fantasy

Yep.

> personally I am only going to approve this for resources (If you make your glossary work) for now.

I don't qualify this work as a "tulpa creation guide". It does lack the "guiding" part and that is the intent. It's still a work that could be useful for tulpa community, thus I shared it here (i.e. if it doesn't qualify — feel free to put it where it belongs).

Guest Anonymous

What do you mean it is a work of fiction? It doesn't read like it is meant to be fiction. I am confused on that a bit.

farcaller:

gitbooks crew said the fix for glossary links is going to roll out to prod in a few hours.

> What do you mean it is a work of fiction?

That is a legal note. I take no responsibility about what you will do after reading the book.

Guest Anonymous

Is this sarcasm or satire somehow?

Guest Anonymous

I see why you are saying "it is a work of fiction" to protect yourself legally, but it kinda instantly removes all credibility to what you are going to say next. It's like saying this "This is a No Bullshit book on tulpas. Everything from here on is bull shit."