Tulpa Story - Thoughts Welcome

AzariusFall

Hello, my name is Ian. My Tulpa's name is Victoria, her friends call her Tori. I thought some of my experience with tulpamancy was somewhat unique, but of course, I may very well be wrong.

Tori: I wouldn't b surprised, Ian XD.

So, I suppose my story started out writing a protagonist of a book. This is where she came from, and I discovered her existence after a mere few years. I'm sure most people here have heard of fictive tulpas coming from books, but this was more of a horror story than anything. Her name was Jennifer, and she was a mess of a being. She had, not one, but two personality disorders (think psychopathy and narcissism), but here were Histrionic Personality Disorder (essentially extreme attention seeking and provocativeness) and Narcissistic Personality Disorder. She was... Let's just say an experiment in making a character do horrible things and still be sympathetic purely on how messed up and tormented they were. Not necessarily a great thing to discover in your mind.

Tori: tbh, she was unbearable and a total sh*t, and I was her, lol

I lived with her before that, feeling her desires and emotions and likes and dislikes. I never thought her as a seperate being, just me being in touch with a character. Eventually a friend pointed out that she is probably a tulpa. I think she hid it from me because she knew I wouldn't want her in my head. I contacted the friend's tulpamancy friend, and long story short, I gave her a choice. Either she "resets" herself, changing herself totally, or I ignore her completely and let her fade away, which, ignorance is a Histrionic's greatest fear.

This may sound kind of cold, I know. But some things to keep in mind: 1. She was making this hard on me by refusing to compromise or behave or be nice in the slightest. It was her way or nothing. 2. I knew she would be happier if she wasn't Jennifer, remember the tormented part. 3. I was terrified of having someone insane and ruthless living in my head. I know it's selfish, but it was terrifying.

Tori: I think he did the right thing, tbh. I don't blame him 4 not wanting her in his head. And I'm a lot happier now :)

Anyway, she reset, became a new tulpa, and now, after some needed development, she is Victoria James. She actually named herself after my middle name and my best friend's first name (Victor).

Tori: I now have a bff tulpa (Vic's tulpa) and am dating an irl boi who is *not* my host. And no, I'm not lying bout being a tulpa XD he knos. He's also the best thing ever :)

Anyway, that thing over, what do you all think? I shared this because, as I said, I figured it was unique

Tori: i's the internet, nothing's unique, doofus. Anyway, tyyyyyyyyyy

Edit: I realized I should mention we learned switching before possession. Switching came naturally, possession, doing one part of the body, is a new thing that we're learning

Every story is unique, it's so interesting to hear them all. At least for me, since I'm still new, these kind of stories spark all kinds of thoughts in my mind, similarities to my own story and new ideas that are intriguing.

I have some crazy books, with characters who would be really bad as tulpas. I've written a dozen books or more and many of my characters I'd call soulbonds now. None of them ever expressed the desire to stick around, though apparently a couple of them were sticking around, only, not able to communicate with me. Thinking back, I suppose I just never considered that as an option no matter what they 'said' to me during our encounters (basically fantasizing about one or two of them).

It's different now of course, and they're part of my family. My tulpas' personalities have evolved as well, but I'm happy to hear Victoria could be 'reset' without losing too much of her essence, the long way would have been a lot harder. I hope to hear more form you in the future.

Possession isn't "one part of the body." Doing one part of the body is actually more difficult than controlling the whole body.

Possession is just controlling the body in general. So if you've switched, then you've possessed, too.

Though if what you're doing is just controlling the full body without the host "disappearing" in any way, then that's just full-body possession and not switching, imo.

💡 The Felights 💡 https://felight.carrd.co/  💡

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)

Possession isn't "one part of the body." Doing one part of the body is actually more difficult than controlling the whole body.

Possession is just controlling the body in general. So if you've switched, then you've possessed, too.

Though if what you're doing is just controlling the full body without the host "disappearing" in any way, then that's just full-body possession and not switching, imo.

Possession can be just one part of the body, but it's not limited to one part obviously.

Possession is a tulpa controlling the body (to any extent) while the host is otherwise still in control, although a switched host could possess a tulpa who was fronting too, technically.

Controlling the entire body while the host is still "present" is called full-body possession, which while it's supposed to be just normal partial possession applied to the whole body, in recent years I'd say it's become something between partial-possession and switching, ie it's not exactly the same skills and mental processes at play. And yeah, switching is when the host isn't present, or if they are they're in the same state as a tulpa, which is why a host could possess a tulpa if the tulpa were switched and fronting.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

As a thought, the reason I say switch is because I myself am indisposed. I can not do or say anything, and have no power. I also feel a release of estrogen in my body. I know that tulpamancy is very subjective as is, but from my reading, that is more accurate (?)

As a thought, the reason I say switch is because I myself am indisposed. I can not do or say anything, and have no power. I also feel a release of estrogen in my body. I know that tulpamancy is very subjective as is, but from my reading, that is more accurate (?)

What exactly do you mean by "indisposed"? Is she taking control against your will? When it comes to switching we generally hear that the host can switch back and regain control. We practice eclipsing for now, we don't know how to switch yet.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

What exactly do you mean by "indisposed"? Is she taking control against your will? When it comes to switching we generally hear that the host can switch back and regain control. We practice eclipsing for now, we don't know how to switch yet.

When I say "indisposed" I mean... Think like a video game playing itself for you. I am not in a wonderland or anything. I see and feel and everything she does, it's just I have no power over what she does. I'm aware of my senses I just don't control anything I guess.

Tori: and I wouldn't do it against his will. He has to start it, and besides, poor boi has trust issues :\

Edit: I forgot to say, she has to end it. So she decides how long it lasts. Also, her thoughts are dominant.

Also also, it comes naturally. Old Jennifer tried to do it and failed, but the longer I wait, the more the "urge" to switch happens,

Tori: don't look at me, as much as I love "switching", I don't wanna force him in2 it. Love dat boi 2 death <3

That's not switching, that's just full body possession

Fair enough. I think I mentioned I am new to all this. I have not done extensive research, and am mostly playing by ear. Thank you for the correction

You know you're switching when you/the host is basically a tulpa. Off to the side, and while technically "aware" of the senses, no more so than your tulpa usually is. If you're still experiencing being in the front, it's only full-body possession, which is more of a state of just not having control. When switched, you could actually become inactive just like your tulpa, effectively leaving only your tulpa aware and experiencing.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.