Stanford Tulpa Study looking for more participants
(if you're chosen they'll pay for travel and lodging!)

[General] Tulpamancy tips from a tulpa
(06-30-2015, 01:33 PM)Reisen Wrote: By the way, you know your signature links have been dead for well over a year, right Sands?

Yes, now they are just a memory of anonmgur. Good night, sweet prince. Moment of silence, please.
The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

Sponsors:
Lolflash - click it, you know you want to

Responses are by Noriko.

Sands:
I agree with your first two points about physical placement and saying that one has to do it. I updated the first post to reflect that.

But I still stand by the statement that giving your tulpa a direct window to your subconscious early on is a bad idea. By subconscious, I mean all the thoughts / feelings that occur which you don't consciously call up. Like thinking whisky smells like vomit because the last time you had it you drank too much. Or perhaps getting into a good mood every time you smell burning wood due to happy memories associated to that smell. A tulpa can peek at these thoughts early on, with or without your consent. But there is a difference between a peek and a window. A peek is something they can control and limit, whereas a window lets everything through no matter what.

What if you associate a particular city to a time you were assaulted, and any time it is brought up memories / feelings of that event get brought up as well? What if you get pangs of guilt when grandparents are mentioned, due to thinking you neglected your own? What if a particular smell reminds you of a time where you made a complete ass of yourself in front of other people? Yes, not every one has to deal with things like that. But I worry that others do deal with things similar to that and aren't consciously aware of it. A tulpa really doesn't need to be exposed to those sorts of things early on, and definitely not without the conscious presence of their host around to help deal with it.

As for that bit at the start of the first post, it's more flavor text than anything.
Currently share myself with four other entities.
Noriko was created on December 15, 2014.  Sabari was created by Noriko on January 22, 2015.
Anzu was reborn on May 23, 2016.  Xiri returned on June 16, 2018.  Both had been inactive since 2012.

Progress Report | Ask a Question Thread
I don't think you addressed the part about the form at all.

Your stuff about the "subconscious" is better now especially because you explain what you mean, but still seems like a very unnecessary point just because of your own fears you can give to other hosts - which is bad. I would also suggest a better term, the existence of a "subconscious" isn't exactly a given and it is a source of debates. This could very well just be another form of symbolism: imagine that you have a "subconscious", don't give tupper access to it, they won't be able to see anything traumatizing. A suggestion of going through troubling thoughts together with explanations (which you kinda have) is a good one though.
The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)
Responses by Noriko.

Sands:
Yeah, you're right, I missed that. I sectioned those two topics off more to make it clear they are optional tools one could use and not a requirement. I also sectioned off the subconscious bit and explained the scenario behind it more.

I do want to keep the term subconscious there (followed by a definition) as there are other guides that use that term, albeit with different meanings as you said. There are thoughts and feelings which occur in the brain that are not consciously brought up, and having a symbol for that in the word subconscious helps describe it. There has been at least one user who made a window to their subconscious too early in my opinion. Others may have done so as well or may be tempted to do so. And while yes, there is nothing out there which says doing so causes an issue, I feel that it can cause issues and thus want to advise against it.

Thanks for the comments / critiques; they've been quite helpful!
Noriko was created on December 15, 2014.  Sabari was created by Noriko on January 22, 2015.
Anzu was reborn on May 23, 2016.  Xiri returned on June 16, 2018.  Both had been inactive since 2012.

Well, I'll approve for Tips as is.
"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson
You still kinda missed what I said about the form. Not everyone assigns a form at all. You are still wanting us to assign one, whether a proper one or just a generic whatever. Don't slap those in the face who feel distracted by any kind of form, no matter how simple.

I'd still suggest against the term subconscious: like you said, it has many definitions and isn't obvious. Even if everyone defines it, the word alone still means nothing because every guide has a separate definition. It would be better to phase out this useless word, I feel. Especially when if I ever happen to think of these unfortunate things that happened to me that messed me up that might be frightening to a tupper, they become conscious thoughts and if I have only "protected" a tulpa against unconscious thoughts, well, guess what? Does nothing if the tulpa is paying attention to what I am thinking about consciously. The line between conscious and unconscious is clear in a way, but unconscious thoughts easily become conscious thoughts and vice versa.

Instead I would suggest saying stuff like, for safety reasons, you might want to block a tulpa's access to the more traumatizing memories and experiences with either symbolism of your choice or by just asking them to refrain from doing it until you two feel like the tulpa is ready. After that it would be better to go through them together. It still doesn't stop stuff from happening and just seeing these things doesn't necessarily hurt the tupper in any way, but I feel like something like that explains your intents better than useless buzzwords.

Still, this is better now and I'd say it's in an approvable state. Guess you can still think about my words if you want.
... Huh. We honestly didn't realize you could have a tulpa with no form whatsoever. How do you interact with such an entity, if you don't mind me asking?

Anywho, I updated the first post mentioning that defining a form is not required.

Mindvoice. For people who don't impose, it's about the same thing, just without the visualization.

Actually I don't think I've ever met someone who didn't give their tulpa a form, but I have heard of them. Seems like it would be more common in multiples.
"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson
A form could also be given later on rather than as the first thing when you start forcing. We didn't really work on a form until much later, and looking back on it now, the tupper already was showing a lot of signs of being independent at that point. Just like you can say that giving a form is a good thing, I could say that not having a form from the start was a good thing for us, as the tupper isn't too attached to it and can easily assume many forms or take over the body without issues - though that could of course be unrelated.