Tulpas: Creation, Sentience, and Vocality (Guide)

Piano Soul

Question

Tulpas: Creation, Sentience, and Vocality

This guide was written to cover the beginning stages of tulpamancy from creation to vocalization in a way that's useful and comprehensible to someone new to the concept, detailing general guidelines, tips, explanations, and other practical information to help someone beginning their tulpa journey.

Google Docs light version: link

Google Docs dark version: link

PDF copy: Tulpas Creation, Sentience, and Vocality (Guide).pdf

Edited by Piano Soul
Updated link statuses and uploaded back-up PDF

💡 The Felights 💡 https://felight.carrd.co/  💡

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Hello, Piano.

Your writing is easy to follow, which is nice. Mine can be fairly tangential. I'm just reading it for the first time, and so will probably read it a couple more times before I offer anything substantial, but the one observation I would like to make is that you open section two with a quote from Roosevelt. I wonder if opening all chapter with an inspirational quote would make that feel less random.

I wonder if opening all chapter with an inspirational quote would make that feel less random.

If I can find some, then sure.

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)

Wow! I've read a lot of guides, but this one, this is an amazing resource for newcomers looking for information, or old members looking for new ways to improve. It addresses EVERYTHING, even ethics, something that gets down right ignored by this community way too often. I'm very glad that something like this is on the community for people to use.

"Now THATS a bad username"

Wow! I've read a lot of guides, but this one, this is an amazing resource for newcomers looking for information, or old members looking for new ways to improve. It addresses EVERYTHING, even ethics, something that gets down right ignored by this community way too often. I'm very glad that something like this is on the community for people to use.

Thanks!

"Certain people will act like their own viewpoints on tulpa creation are universally true, but they are simply incorrect."

This invalidates itself...

"Your tulpa is not its form, as you are not your body; its form is simply there to allow them freedom and growth"

Good, good, no. Form has *nothing* to do with development, and even less with freedom. This claim of yours is, if anything, confusing.

"Wonderlands have the potential to be incredibly realistic to your tulpa, to the point of seeming like reality"

Dreaming things that seem like reality is possible. Dreaming while awake is not something the average person could pull off. Doing so while completing other tasks is impossible. Tulpas are human and, unfortunately, have human limitations.

Alright, that's all I have to gripe about for now. I'll hold my vote until others speak

I like umbrellas.

"Certain people will act like their own viewpoints on tulpa creation are universally true, but they are simply incorrect."

This invalidates itself...

"Your tulpa is not its form, as you are not your body; its form is simply there to allow them freedom and growth"

Good, good, no. Form has *nothing* to do with development, and even less with freedom. This claim of yours is, if anything, confusing.

"Wonderlands have the potential to be incredibly realistic to your tulpa, to the point of seeming like reality"

Dreaming things that seem like reality is possible. Dreaming while awake is not something the average person could pull off. Doing so while completing other tasks is impossible. Tulpas are human and, unfortunately, have human limitations.

Seems pretty logical and straight-forward to me. They're incorrect in thinking their viewpoints are true for everyone.

Reworded.

I never once said it would be while doing something else. You're looking for problems that aren't there.

I honestly really like this guide and don't see anything that should keep it from being approved. Approved for guides from me.

Thanks, that means a lot.

I think this is a fairly clear and down-to-earth guide, I approve. I do have some feedback though.

Some positives: It's pretty nicely written and very clear. I'm glad that you generally tell people not to stress about the details; lines like "Do not get too hung up on how much you do of each: simply getting into the habit of consistently interacting with your tulpa is what you should be more concerned about." really make it. Your section on narration is nice.

Negatives: It's frustrating how dated a lot of what you say is to me, considering this is a guide that's been written recently and you haven't been in the community for too long. People writing them into guides is how they get propagated and hang around, I guess. Section 5 is an exemplar of this for me: all the 'signs of sentience' like head pressures, even coming up with some new ones; assuming sentience from the start and an extreme attitude of always attributing everything to your tulpa; the strong separation between sentience and vocality (to the point of not even listing vocality as a 'sign of sentience' - it's by far the most important). In section 2 you make sure to remind everyone how hard making a tulpa is, too. Greeting stage (I guess people still do this?). You also put a lot of emphasis on visualisation and wonderland.

The negatives there are really more opinionated and possibly more people would agree with you than me. Still, I would say that there isn't much new here as opposed to rehashed. But it is a good rehash, so I'm approving.