Stanford Tulpa Study looking for more participants
(if you're chosen they'll pay for travel and lodging!)

[General] Tulpas: Creation, Sentience, and Vocality (Guide)
I think this is a fairly clear and down-to-earth guide, I approve. I do have some feedback though.

Some positives: It's pretty nicely written and very clear. I'm glad that you generally tell people not to stress about the details; lines like "Do not get too hung up on how much you do of each: simply getting into the habit of consistently interacting with your tulpa is what you should be more concerned about." really make it. Your section on narration is nice.

Negatives: It's frustrating how dated a lot of what you say is to me, considering this is a guide that's been written recently and you haven't been in the community for too long. People writing them into guides is how they get propagated and hang around, I guess. Section 5 is an exemplar of this for me: all the 'signs of sentience' like head pressures, even coming up with some new ones; assuming sentience from the start and an extreme attitude of always attributing everything to your tulpa; the strong separation between sentience and vocality (to the point of not even listing vocality as a 'sign of sentience' - it's by far the most important). In section 2 you make sure to remind everyone how hard making a tulpa is, too. Greeting stage (I guess people still do this?). You also put a lot of emphasis on visualisation and wonderland.

The negatives there are really more opinionated and possibly more people would agree with you than me. Still, I would say that there isn't much new here as opposed to rehashed. But it is a good rehash, so I'm approving.

Sponsors:
Lolflash - click it, you know you want to

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tulpas: Creation, Sentience, and Vocality (Guide) - by waffles - 01-26-2018, 09:00 PM