Tulpas, me, and my sleep schedule

RatedShazz

So I'm really new to this creating a tulpa thing and am just curious from more experienced people if this is normal. Do you have a natural change in your sleep cycle after the starting of creating a tulpa. I guess it would make more sense if I gave my side. Its been about a week since I first started on making my first tulpa. Since that first day, every night I wake up around the middle of my REM sleep and just lie there awake then after about 15 - 30 minutes I go back to sleep. I've never in my life experienced something like this. I don't have any head pressures either. Is this normal?

Guest LanceReilyn

Personally, the creation process never messed with my sleep. I already had occasional bouts of insomnia long before it. If we are doing too much, focusing too hard when we are trying to get to sleep, it has a habit of keeping us awake, however. Headaches and head pressures are common but not universal. Just keep at it, perhaps recording a journal of your experiences and findings to compare against and build a record. Feel free to make a progress report and share your experiences, if you like.

It is very unlikely that this sleep anomaly has anything to do with your tulpa. Lots of things happen to people out of the ordinary, and when you are looking for signs that your tulpa is developing then it can be very easy to mistake normal stuff for stuff caused by a specific force that you are watching out for.

Also, it is perfectly fine to not get head pressures, plenty of people don't get them

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

Are you only doing your forcing before bed? I tend to wake up sooner than normal between REM cycles (like 20 minutes vs 40) if I had something on my mind as "happening soon", personally. Forcing before bed might make your mind too active to sleep consistently. If you don't force before bed - I dunno. Just a random quirk we can't explain.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

My headmates didn't come from tulpamancy, but within a few days after we started using tulpamantic techniques, we developed awful insomnia that took weeks of effort to settle down. And we still always wake up after four to five hours, it's just now we can actually fall asleep again within half an hour.

Insomnia has been reported as potential side effect of tulpamancy from the earliest days of this forum:

https://community.tulpa.info/thread-tulpaforcing-side-effects

Most people don't experience it, but it's reasonably common. Your change in sleep probably doesn't mean anything in particular about your tulpa, but could easily be a result of changing what you are doing while awake to include new mental activities.

If your sleep is sufficiently disrupted to bother you, you might want to see if you can improve your sleep hygiene:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_hygiene

-Ember

I'm not having fun here anymore, so we've decided to take a bit of a break, starting February 27, 2020. - Ember

Ember - Soulbonder, Female, 39 years old, from Georgia, USA . . . . [Our Progress Report] . . . . [How We Switch]

Vesper Dowrin - Insourced Soulbond from London, UK, World of Darkness, Female, born 9 Sep 1964, bonded ~12 May 2017

Iris Ravenlock - Insourced Soulbond from the Winter Court of Faerie, Dresdenverse, Female, born 6 Jun 1982, bonded ~5 Dec 2015

'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.' - The Velveteen Rabbit

Never heard of this. All of my sleep issues are connected to different reasons, and those reasons persisted before Tulpamancy.

There is one exception, and that is my sensitivity to temperature fluctuations seemed to be high this past year. Probably coincidence.

Meow. You may see my headmates call me Gray or sometimes Cat.

I used to speak in pink and Ranger used to speak in blue (if it's unmarked and colored assume it's Ranger). She loves to chat.

Our system account

There are some differences in how we sleep whenever I'm in the front. I tend to have a really active mind and find it hard to go to sleep, and wake up frequently in the night. However, that's just due to my personality, not because I'm a tulpa.

💡 The Felights 💡 https://felight.carrd.co/  💡

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)

So I'm really new to this creating a tulpa thing and am just curious from more experienced people if this is normal. Do you have a natural change in your sleep cycle after the starting of creating a tulpa. I guess it would make more sense if I gave my side. Its been about a week since I first started on making my first tulpa. Since that first day, every night I wake up around the middle of my REM sleep and just lie there awake then after about 15 - 30 minutes I go back to sleep. I've never in my life experienced something like this. I don't have any head pressures either. Is this normal?

Haven't noticed anything myself.... but if you tend to regularly wake up in the middle of your REM, then that's a great opportunity to get into practicing lucid dreaming!

I am a heavy sleeper, I usually sleep like 7-9 hrs a day but similar to you, when I started working on summer, I also get wake up episodes but it toned down when she matured. It even occurs when I sleep earlier than my normal rest time. What boggles me is that every wake up cycle, the time I tend to wake up is close to each other. This has never happened to me before and started feeling these anomaly after I started forcing my tulpas. I Passive force so most of my force back then was through the day time.

Everytime I always wake up at 2 AM in the morning, 3 AM in the morning or between those time. It was a weird experience for me but I dismissed it as a tulpa thing. Of course, everytime I wake up Summer is wide awake and can feel her pressure very strongly. I just go back to sleep right after like nothing happened.

Curious, Apparently it is not as commonly as I've expect But yes When I was developing summer I also had some weird unexpected wake up moments.

Hello! I am nihi, i have 3 tulpas

Summer

Myrtle

Cherry