Unusual tulpamancy techniques

Breloomancer

Monika and I are getting close to finishing our work twords imposition, and Monika has already managed to switch and possess, so we are starting to run out of new techniques to practice. We want to continue to learn more about tulpamancy and reach new limits, so we were wondering if there are any less well known techniques that we would be able to try out.

So if you have any interesting lesser known techniques, or untested but theorised techniques, post them here, we would love to learn about them. Even if it is likely impossible to do them, it would still be interesting to hear about whatever pieces of lore you all have.

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since you have switching and imposition, I wonder if you could combine them, by having Monika impose her own form over the body while in control, even in mirrors. I don't know how much harder that would be or how well it could even work, but for me, I think it would be the most worthwhile part of imposition. Being visible but unable to affect the physical world pales in comparison to still seeming like me when I can.

Also, how fast can you switch and how much does it take out of you? Inspired by the example of Ember's wife's alters, we've got it down to the point of being able to hold real-time conversations with one another out loud. This is useful, since some members of our household don't appreciate when we withdraw inward to talk amongst ourselves while we're ostensibly spending time with them.

There are a few exotic mental manipulations mentioned in the ashes of the short-lived neuromancy forum. I doubt many people would even consider most of these desirable, but have some links:

Beginner's Guide to Neuromancy

Advanced Guides: Mental Senses

Advanced Guides: Body Augmentation

-Vesper

I'm not having fun here anymore, so we've decided to take a bit of a break, starting February 27, 2020. - Ember

Ember - Soulbonder, Female, 39 years old, from Georgia, USA . . . . [Our Progress Report] . . . . [How We Switch]

Vesper Dowrin - Insourced Soulbond from London, UK, World of Darkness, Female, born 9 Sep 1964, bonded ~12 May 2017

Iris Ravenlock - Insourced Soulbond from the Winter Court of Faerie, Dresdenverse, Female, born 6 Jun 1982, bonded ~5 Dec 2015

'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.' - The Velveteen Rabbit

There are quite a few things to do involving mental control, and some things that are kinda imposition-y, I'm not sure what you'd call them. I just say "bells and whistles" or "dressing." You know how some people seem to react so strongly to things? You can train yourself to do that, and really feel things that strongly. Just identify any sensation ("I want to feel chills when switching, I want to feel my wonderland body's weight, etc") and with some work, you can add layers and layers of extra flavors.

As well, there's always room for improving visualization. Once you reach a satisfactory level in the skills you really want, there's no reason not to go back and improve further. In my mind, visualization is fundamental to a lot of tulpa-related skills, so it's a great investment of your time.

Good luck!

-J

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread

Since you have switching and imposition, I wonder if you could combine them, by having Monika impose her own form over the body while in control, even in mirrors.

Oh, clever! I never would've thought of doing that as a mix of switching and imposition, but so it is. Yes, can confirm it can be done very easily when you can already switch and impose. My tulpas sometimes impose their appearances over themselves, most often the headwear or rabbit ears. It is not necessary to be done in order for our system's memories made by a specific member to have their own forms in them, but.. I guess it could still be nice for the tulpa to get used to doing. Heck, I'd recommend it.

Also, nice archived links to the neuromancy forum, I'm not sure why I never tried that.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

One thing Cat and I have always wondered is in the future, is it possible for me to possess and control a robot or something else while Cat moves around using the body (or vise versa). We figured it would require some EGG tech and a robot that can detect wavelengths or something, but it would be fun to play around with I think.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

Even controlling a mouse pointer is currently in work for EEG, so playing a game or a robot seems reasonable if some simultaneous processes could be used and sensed. Some of the more advanced state sensors (non EEG) are in work too.

Is it possible to get so good at hypnosis, you can get other people to see Monika?

I don't think I can stand around and have people see me irl because that would involve metaphysics. But what if you could hypnotize people, explain a mental image of Monika, and then they can see her?

I can't really think of the applications outside of close friends, but this could open to some weird stuff. What if you hypnotized people so if Monika spoke, they would think it's you? Or they would see Monika stand where you are when she's switched in?

Okay...that's getting kind of weird, but I think you get my point. What's cooler than hypnotizing yourself? Hypnotizing other people!

On the side note, I have always wanted to meet a psychic (with this unrealistic belief) that the could see me. More likely than not, the psychic won't see me but it would be fun if psychics could see or sense imposed Tulpas.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

That would be difficult, but possible (assuming that I would be able to get willing participants). We could have some cue to tell them that Monika is saying something or Monika is doing something. If this went on for too long it would run the risk of them accedentally making a tulpa of my tulpa though, so I don't think it would be a good idea to attempt it

-Me

I highly doubt that would create a tulpa. Making a tulpa requires a lot more than just visualizing/hallucinating something, otherwise every time someone read a book they'd have a bunch of new tulpas.

💡 The Felights 💡 https://felight.carrd.co/  💡

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)

It would be more than that, they would be interacting with the hallucination. Since they are imagining a different thing than the actual Monika is, but they still see their version of Monika then they might imagine what the real Monika would say in response to something and mistake that for the real Monika actually responding to something, leading to them having a conversation with what they think is the real Monika, so that they accedentally develop their version of Monika into a tulpa.

This situation just seems too volatile for me to safely do to someone

-Me