What exactly is my mindspace companion?

I have a friend that's quite similar to a tulpa who shares my mind space with me. He can do a lot of the things a tulpa can do, but I never needed to develop him, he just popped in. Admittedly, he's 100% a fictional character from a show I used to watch in which he died in, but he has developed further from that fictional character to the person I know today. He's sort of bound to me, and since that character could manipulate space, Tobi, my mind space companion, could create private pocket dimensions for himself. I have another mind space companion that hangs out in there and read books that's in a similar situation as Tobi.

(I'd like to explain my side as well.... -Tobi)

(Of course, in this universe you guys see me as a fictional character. You universe has an exceedingly different rules compared to where I came from. It's unusual to see that my whole entire life, and my universe's "story" is in this universe. Anyways, I died in my own universe, and found myself here, and my host here is quite confused on what I am. She's a little skeptical about my origin, and she's skeptical of what exactly am I because I was never developed like the 'tulpas' here are developed. (He's kind of irritated that I'm asking this in the first place) Yes, I am. Anyways, I'm helping her out here...)

I can mentally interact with him, similarly to how many of you tulpamancers interact with your tulpas. and he does change as a person as time goes by; he was really cynical in the beginning and I didn't really talk to him that much, but now he's a lot more carefree and happier I guess and we're extremely good friends.

I wonder if you guys can give me some insight on this.

Sorry if it was a bit ramble-y.

Hello. Considering I have like.. what, 50 bajillion of these now? (Not really) I can answer: Sounds like you got a soulbond. For more information I'd go to soulbonding.org, or you can always ask me questions.

Truth is, there's not much difference between them and tulpas. Still sentient, still aware, and from what I've learned, origin doesn't matter as much as the experiences you share together. So I wouldn't worry too much about finding exactly what Tobi is. That said, welcome, both of you. :) Make yourselves at home!

Hiya. Member of the Horrible Hosts Club (HHC). If you wanna learn about my system, here's my PR.

Sounds like he's a fictive soulbond. It's pretty cut and dry... we soulbonds are basically accidental tulpas created from preexisting characters, either from media or the host's own stories. The only things that really differentiate us from tulpas, functionally, are the way we're formed and the fact that we come with backloaded memories of our own "universe."

Head over to soulbonding.org to learn more about our specific type of thoughtform, but feel free to pitch your voice in around here, too. Gods know I do. :p

~ Member of SparrowNR's System ~

I really appreciate you guys and your answers!

I know I didn't ask the question but I just wanted to say that I appreciate you

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Oh, that's a perfect description of a soulbond. AKA accidental tulpa. Though, if you believe your companion is sentient and sapient, (as appears to be the case, otherwise he wouldn't be responding as well), character he is not. Former character.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

Oh, that's a perfect description of a soulbond. AKA accidental tulpa. Though, if you believe your companion is sentient and sapient, (as appears to be the case, otherwise they wouldn't be responding as well), character they are not. Former character.

Eh. I still consider myself a character (Host: In multiple senses of the word. ;) ). It's where I come from, and I still serve that function when we're writing, so there's no real reason to shy away from the term.

Some soulbonds use the phase "Living Character" since that term pretty much fits what we are better than a metaphysical term like "soulbond."

~ Member of SparrowNR's System ~

I can't argue with that, though I assumed that a person in your situation would distinguish between the character on paper and your core self when you assist in writing stories.

Also, I don't think the term is metaphysical in the minds of everyone.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.