Hello There, Guest! Register

glitchthe3rd's Servitor Workshop
glitchthe3rd Offline
Resident Lunatic
Registered

Threads: 29

RE: glitchthe3rd's Servitor Workshop
No, but that's something a sufficiently-developed tulpa may be able to help with.

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson
Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi
My progress report
02-20-2015, 04:08 AM
Find Reply
Nekomata Away
Noodle Guy
Registered

Threads: 11

Interesting... I'll be sure to give it a shot at some point. I am not familiar at all with programming so I've got some work to do.

Host: Reece
Tulpa: Milana
"Avoidance of responsibility is self-imposed." - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
12-07-2015, 06:28 PM
Find Reply
glitchthe3rd Offline
Resident Lunatic
Registered

Some Q&A a user sent me, I've decided to copy it here as well because it's been forever since I actually posted anything in this thread.

Clarifications

real-time motion radar
Does this use your peripheral vision and/or other cues such as sound to plot dots on a radar screen or is it something else?

The radar synthesizes visual, auditory and kinematic data to show me the positions of other moving objects relative to my own position.

tracking your schedule
Do you use the smartphone calendar system? If so how do keep the time accurate to the true time? How do you store the schedule, as text or an image?

I'm not really sure how to describe the schedule in a nutshell. I can go to a specific day in the week and look at an hourly breakdown of how my time is being used that day. I guess it's all text-based, as for the time it's determined the same way as it is for anything else in my mind, with internal clock input synched to real-world clocks. Basically I "set" the time by looking at a clock, and if I go too long without looking at one it throws off all the clocks in the wonderland. Time may even stop passing entirely if I'm somewhere with no windows for a long time.

accessing your information base
I've heard that you can give tulpa access to your memories and they can almost search through it, is this true?

Yes, or at least this is how it works for my girls.

Is accessing your information base is basically that combined with pulling up relevant relationships?

Something to that effect. Luna maintains a wiki that contains everything I know about everything, basically, and Enigma pulls from that whenever I request information from it.

more
Are there any other functions that you wouldn't mind bringing up?

Luna created a subroutine to automatically minimize incoming damage from the environment while it's active, it's already kept several injuries of mine from being more serious than they actually were.

Other Questions
If you don't mind talking about Enigma v1, could you explain a little so that the same mistakes are not made by others?

Treat your servitor as a tool and not as a person and you won't have that problem.

How difficult is it to dissipate a servitor?
Do I need to meditate/increase my focus in order to do this?

Not very. I forget I even have a HUD servitor half the time.

What is the most complex task you have done with it?

Not sure. Plenty of things for school projects and stuff when I was an undergrad, though.

How has this impacted your life?

I don't use it for too much these days, but my girls find it very useful for various things, including managing the various electronic devices in the wonderland.

Are you able to take a picture with it and view that later?

No better than usual.

Can this remember something like an image and recall it later?

Same as above.

If that's possible how difficult would it be to recall an outline and super-impose it over your vision?

Not sure what you're asking here.

Can it do something like the arrows and other select functions pictured in the Mircorosoft HoloLens https://youtu.be/u4o0zsJ-S44?t=1m8s?

Sure, I've used it for that sort of thing before.

My progress report
12-08-2015, 07:22 AM
Find Reply
Paul Muad'Dib Offline
Registered

Threads: 0

(12-08-2015, 07:22 AM)glitchthe3rd Wrote: If that's possible how difficult would it be to recall an outline and super-impose it over your vision?

Not sure what you're asking here.

Sorry I should have been a little more clear.

Say I have a complicated design like this tribal sun
[Image: jWym95x.png]

and for some reason I want to cut it out of some green construction paper
[Image: MpuMksj.png]

can I use the HUD to do the picture below with any sort of design I've seen/created? That means filtering it out of the background and keeping it in the same spot on the paper, accounting for the head/eye movement.

[Image: 8YvIHOn.png]
12-08-2015, 07:46 AM
Find Reply
glitchthe3rd Offline
Resident Lunatic
Registered

Maybe? It's not something I've ever had a need for, but if your visualization skills are good it could work.

My progress report
12-08-2015, 05:42 PM
Find Reply
Sock Offline
Within a flower garden

Threads: 10

Ahoy Glitch,

I was reading through this guide, since it seems to have been in submission limbo for a long time, and I thought it would be good to give some comment on it. Mainly in relation to the issue concerning symbolism, since that seems to be a point of both confusion for some users, and of annoyance for the other members of the GAT.

I think the computer symbolism issue can be attended to simply by acknowledging how a computer works: The computer will do what it is told, and ONLY that. Thus, the idea behind the "servitor" is that it is a process that will do what it is told, and ONLY what it is told. This is in contrast to a "tulpa", who has the ability to decide on their own, like the host does.

A computer program isn't the code it is made up of, but a command the computer can understand. As such, the idea shouldn't be to start thinking in C++, but to give clear, direct, and rigid commands to the mental process you want to start, and repeating them until it sticks. Taking that in to mind, stuff like form, personality, etc would seem unnecessary, unless you think it would be appropriate for the process to have.

As for the HUD stuff, I don't have much to say at the moment. It doesn't seem like something I'd personally use, though I can see others find it to be nifty. I'm aiming for a more natural method of increasing my awareness of self and surroundings.

So until that's squared away, I cannot approve of it. But hopefully the comments above will help some.

Peace.
01-23-2016, 03:33 AM
Find Reply