Goodbye Koomer and Oguigi.

Bacn

For those of you not following Oguigi's tumblr, her host has recently made this post where he announces that he's finally given up tulpamancy.

I would like to wish Koomer the best of luck in the future and thank him for all he's done for the community and I, as well as many others, will miss him. We'll also miss Oguigi, for whatever that sentiment still means to him. It's sad to see that this hobby of hours hasn't worked out for the best for him and I don't think anyone will blame him for giving it up.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of you not following Oguigi's tumblr, her host has recently made this post where he announces that he's finally given up tulpamancy.

I would like to wish Koomer the best of luck in the future and thank him for all he's done for the community and I, as well as many others, will miss him. We'll also miss Oguigi, for whatever that sentiment still means to him. It's sad to see that this hobby of hours hasn't worked out for the best for him and I don't think anyone will blame him for giving it up.

I read his post.. but I am confused by it. How can someone who possessed and switch say they are simply imaginary friends, fiction? It would make a little more sense if he thought she is another personality and still somehow him, a complex system, something. Does this mean he had never switched?

My lip hurts.

I read his post.. but I am confused by it. How can someone who possessed and switch say they are simply imaginary friends, fiction? It would make a little more sense if he thought she is another personality and still somehow him, a complex system, something. Does this mean he had never switched?

It does not imply that they did not do those things. This sort of thing, where one dismisses everything from before as not real and the others as imaginary friends, is a very common thing for all types plurals, not just tulpa based systems. I've known of a few multiples where a system-mate became the sole fronter and did this.

- Hail

Tri = {V, O, G}, Ice and Frostbite and Breach (all formerly Hail), and others

System Name: Fall Family

Former Username: hail_fall

Contributor and administrator on a supplementary tulpamancy resource and associated forum, Tulpa.io and Tulpa.io/discuss/.

Wait, someone ELSE in the system just decided that the host didn't exist and blocked them out? -sputters-

A lot of multiple systems don't even have an identifiable host or core. Same goes for original. There isn't always one, sometimes there is more than one, and sometimes they are dead/missing/something-else, or sometimes no one knows. Anybody who gets primary control of the body can use that to shut out the others, wall them off, kill them, etc.

- Hail

Tri = {V, O, G}, Ice and Frostbite and Breach (all formerly Hail), and others

System Name: Fall Family

Former Username: hail_fall

Contributor and administrator on a supplementary tulpamancy resource and associated forum, Tulpa.io and Tulpa.io/discuss/.

Guest amber5885

Finally read through koomers PR..... Wow.... He really fucked himself up.... We should make newbies read his PR as a sort of what not to do manual.

Yeah, if it weren't 26 pages. Somebody write up some cliff notes.

Koomer and his tulpa had a very high interest in possession with the goal of having his tulpa take control of his body long-term.

In addition to Koomer becoming a non-dominate personality in his own body, there were also malicious entities that started appearing and forcing him to engage in self-destructive activities such as drug abuse. That led to a spiral of depression that he's lucky he managed to make it out of.

I don't think there's any reason to "make newbies read his PR". If they were to do so, they would likely only be scared, and honestly, it might increase the likelihood that it would happen to them. Koomer's case is not a common one, so we should treat it as though it's something one should be concerned about.

Realistically, its legitimacy also comes into question.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

I thought the majority of the community did not take Koomer seriously. This also isn't confirmed, but I recall hearing about various disorders he had, the most prominent one being Down's Syndrome. I don't know what is and isn't true, but I do know that I agree with Kiahdaj - a single person's case should never be used to define everyone else's.