Grape Horse worship thread (maybe horse art general too idk)

I drew a pic of grape horse. Or am in the process of drawing a pic of grape horse. I'm not good at it, I'm really inefficient when it comes to learning and studying art but whatever, fun I guess.

7G2QU7g.png

I'd fucking die for this horse dudes. In a heartbeat.

There will be more. Eventually.

That's awesome Enny! I would love to see more!

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

• 1 month later...

Man I sure haven’t made more grape horse unfortunately. Art is hard yo, and this fool right here is a slow learner lmao. Also just, yeah, haven’t even really arted at all in general since the last one.

Just got an iPad Pro tho, unironically the most fun I’ve had just doodling about, and I’ve tried a good few different art tablet solutions out.

Still getting a feel for the pencil, there will be more grape horse eventually. I guess here’s a little few-minute doodle until the next one several months from now. Hope being able to just leisurely draw wherever instead of having to tether myself to the computer will help with future enjoyment.

4Zqqz5R.png

• 5 months later...

drawing sure does make me wanna die 

i drew this one really solid pic in like 20 mins a couple weeks back and have been trying to match it with literally anything since lmao

not quite there but w/e, here’s something to throw in the ol’ thread while I’m in

Fucking, can’t figure out how to embed pic with new shit, Here it is

Edited by Enny

Grape horse hoodie! She has a nice haircut too.

Awesome job Enny, and it looks like your art is getting more awesome with every pic.

Edited by Ranger

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

Not grape horse unfortunately, I’m saving some of my ideas for her for when I’m a much better artist. I might do like a bi-annual grape horse as a metric for progress

but ye thanks either way

Pics embed automatically when I paste the link, but the trick is holding the control key and right-clicking, and clicking Edit Image, to change all the settings and whatnot. It's technically just as if not more versatile than the old forum, but god-dang is it hard to figure out. No idea how stuff works on mobile though.

Pic is nice as far as ponies go, and yeah, drawing sucks. I watched a pretty long video on how to learn to draw/improve at drawing some time ago, and the best practice was apparently to try and draw the same thing over and over, once a day, for a long while. And/or, like, slowly rotate it just a few degrees every day? I dunno, I don't draw because I'm a perfectionist and can handle roughly 1/100,000 the amount of practice(AKA being bad) required to start not wanting to burn anything I make. And who knows how many years it would take to get to a point from there where I actually liked what I was drawing, considering my standards.. yeah, it's not for me, but I will encourage anyone who takes on said endeavor, because I do really like the things people make. The most valuable skill for learning art is persistence, but I'd say the second most valuable is accepting that you aren't as good as you want to be yet, but that everything you make is a step in that direction.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Yeah I do a hard majority of my computing from my iPad these days, as the only things I do are talk to people and draw, and I don’t always have a Bluetooth keyboard around when I’m wanting to share pics and shit so that’s inconvenient, the new way

yeah, I’ve seen stuff about rotating or just iterating on pics. Sounds like a Sycra video. Iterating by drawing the same thing over and over again is probably legit, but I straight up don’t have the attention span for it. Rotating sounds like it requires some 3D visualizing skills, which I 100% never developed, but I could be wrong.

Yeah, I don’t like, enjoy drawing I think. I enjoy the thought of being good eventually, and that’s kept me going for the last couple years. Learning is a major fuckin’ hindrance too, I straight up don’t comprehend guides or lessons for the most part, I can’t read or instructive material  to save my life. Makes me zone out without fail, haven’t been able to figure that one out.

And yeah, persistence is surely key, as well as consistency. Up until around November last year I hadn’t done more than tried to flounder about with anatomy and some studies, I’d never done a full pic, but as soon as I decided to, and gradually started drawing weekly, then every few days, up to every day, as opposed to the times when I’d go a month in between pitiful studies at a time, I was definitely able to notice some amount of improvement, pitiful as I feel it’s been. 

Yeah idk, shit’s wack. I could be a lot further along if I had the brain for learning, but as it stands, I’m pretty resigned to very gradual improvements, over the course of months. In three or four years, I’ll probably be adjacent to where I’m wanting to be now, but I guess by then I’ll be dissatisfied with that, and wanting to be even further on, huh.

Lame