Have I unknowingly created a semblance of a tulpa?

Kernel

Hello all! I don't have much to say about myself. Name's James and I'm just living my best life. I've just been confused with some stuff and was hoping to receive some clarity from other people's experiences. With that, I'll get into it.

I've stumbled onto this subject after mindlessly wandering the internet and got pretty interested. I've read a decent bit of guides and forum posts and it got me thinking about the past. A lot of what has been in the guides I've read, sounds very familiar to me. Back in high school, I was an introverted underachiever. I was actually so lazy that it got to the point where I failed a class. During this time, I'm almost certain I was experiencing mind voice from a tulpa of mine. During this time, I had little knowledge of meditation and kind of thought it was sham. Yet, I was unknowingly practicing meditation. Almost every night, I would plop down in my bed with the lights on, clear my mind and just start thinking about myself. It was usually during these times that thoughts would pop into my head... and I wasn't really the one thinking them. These thoughts would be addressing me... by my last name and usually went along the lines of "You need to start pulling yourself together" or "You're so much better than you think you are." Furthermore, all throughout high school I would sometimes do something that was very uncharacteristic of me. I had different groups of friends and acted fine within my group of friends, but I'd get incredibly anxious whenever it came to talking to people I didn't know well. There would be instances in which a sensation washed over me and I would make an effort to be extroverted and outgoing... and would have no clue why I'd have this sudden change in action. Looking back on these moments, I've decided to take a closer look at my thoughts and actions. I realized that I often switch in between addressing myself in the first person and addressing myself in the second person. It just seems that a lot of this matches up with tulpa content...

I'm just incredibly confused. I know that a lot of things revolving around tulpas are subjective and personal... but maybe someone else has an experience similar to this. I feel that, most likely, these thoughts, my thought process, and my actions just had to do with my zany and irrational mind but it never hurts to post. Perhaps someone else has had an experience where they unknowingly did something revolving around tulpas? 

Well, i heard about tulpamancy, the first day i decided to try and suddenly i had three full vocality tulpas. So yeah, it can happen the way you describe it as well.

Some of the experiences you mentioned are abnormal but I don't think any of them are inherently tulpa-related. Intrusive thoughts are a common thing for people and can sometimes feel vivid or "alien", especially when you're in a hypnagogic state.

Your account reminds me of a couple other Tulpamancers.

J+C(+G) 's story, reminds me of Gavin - https://community.tulpa.info/thread-jgc-s-progress-report

HotTulps's story, reminds me of Sharky a little - https://community.tulpa.info/thread-the-lifetime-tulpa

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

[redacted]

Edited by JGC
"If you want to become whole, let yourself be partial. If you want to become straight, let yourself be crooked. "

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread