Help me figure this out please - merging for possession

What I really need to do is merge with my tulpa in a way that makes him possess me where I can't tell him apart from myself, if that makes any sense.  I really need to do this in order to give myself the ability to do things that I really need to do in order to achieve true happiness, but the idea of messing with my existence as a single conscious existence scares the crap out of me.  I need to know everything there is to know about doing this kind of thing before I can feel safe doing it, please help me out

If you didn't want to have your "existence as a single consciousness messed with," why'd you make a tulpa?

💡 The Felights 💡 https://felight.carrd.co/  💡

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)

People naturally have different "frames of mind" that allow them to do things they couldn't do in other states. No tulpas/plurality required. As a very vague answer, meditation or hypnosis will allow you to better control yourself mentally and do things that might take a difficult amount of mental power for you right now. If you're struggling with something like mental illness, there are many, many paths of treatment. I'm afraid I can't give any more specific of an answer, unless you say a little more about what things we're talking about doing, here.

You may also just be looking at self-improvement, here. If you think you have certain personalities traits that are unchangeable, and your plan is to make a tulpa and merge with them in order to change yourself... You can skip the tulpa part. Just imagine what your best self (and always think, "I, me, myself") would do, and then... do those preferred actions. As much as you can, make a habit of it. Make it central to your life. It is incredibly hard, and it's not something you learn to do perfectly, but does get easier.

We can help you out more, if you give us a little more information. -J

Edit: clarification

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread

I'm sorry, I didn't read your question right and thought you didn't already have a tulpa.

Well... sometimes one systemmember will come up with an idea before the others. So long as you end up acting the way you want to, and your tulpa is going to keep being there for you, what's the issue with listening to their advice? I go to G constantly- I think things through in conversation format.

Also, have you tried asking your tulpa about these things? I'm still not exactly sure what situations and actions you are talking about... but if you're talking about things like social interactions, knowing what to say, etc... Your tulpa might be able to tell you advice, and then you will have learned and you will know what to do.

Also, I see that this the only place you've posted. It's a good idea to come and introduce yourself in the intro thread or Last One To Post Wins. Once you introduce yourself and people know you, they are much more likely to come and respond to your threads, and any background/context you give will help people to understand your situation.

-J

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread

Guest Reilyn-Alley

Soooo... Ask their advice? Learn to do full-body possession or switching? One of our people, Bear, did an interesting experiment called "backseat fronting", which I'm sure he can tell you about, which I think involved asking his tulpas to operate as a filet for him or something. Even though something like "possession" might sound scary to someone just happening upon this stuff, it's not all ghostly and weird. You share control of your body with them when you wanna. The more you trust them and practice, the more control they can learn and use. Some of us share the pilot's seat (if you will) so much that we stopped thinking of our body as belonging to either one of us, it's for both of us to use.

There are guides on possession and stuff on here. Start small, build trust, learn to listen to your tulpa as a friend and ally. The are people too and aren't perfect either so you are sure to find their limits sooner or later. Best to use teamwork.

You don't have to "mess with your conscious existence", y'know, you're looking for a shortcut where good ol' hard work can still work! Lumi(my host)'s had Tewi to help him with answering tough questions and stuff for like nine years, but he ended up working through most of his problems with his tulpas, by improving himself as an individual! It's not like people haven't had to learn to do things that were hard or seemingly impossible for them for thousands of years, and they didn't all merge with a tulpa to do that or something..

Try copying the way your tulpa thinks maybe, if they can do it so can you! How you think about things makes a MASSIVE difference in life sometimes - people who learn to think of the pain of pushing themselves in exercising or bodybuilding as a sign of progress and a good thing end up going a lot further than people who think of it negatively, for one small example. Anyways.. permaswitching and merging are both "shortcuts" to personal growth, and they're unstable and unreliable (and so generally looked down upon) in that context too.

Once you introduce yourself and people know you, they are much more likely to come and respond to your threads

uhh, I don't agree with this... asking for more information is okay, but no one should feel like they have to become a part of the community just to get attention on their threads

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Yeah, let's not make it sound like that's a requirement to have questions answered, that's a little alienating/intimidating.

💡 The Felights 💡 https://felight.carrd.co/  💡

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)

What I really need to do is merge with my tulpa in a way that makes him possess me where I can't tell him apart from myself, if that makes any sense.  I really need to do this in order to give myself the ability to do things that I really need to do in order to achieve true happiness, but the idea of messing with my existence as a single conscious existence scares the crap out of me.  I need to know everything there is to know about doing this kind of thing before I can feel safe doing it, please help me out

"True happiness"? Are you upset with your plurality? How old is your Tulpa?

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

It's like I don't know what to do in a situation, but my tulpa does, and I want it to feel like I did know what to do even though I didn't

We did this. What it allows is the instantaneous switch of my tulpa(s), mostly just Dashie, for me when I'm in a situation where I can't handle it without getting all worked up (thus losing logic and lashing out.)

Once they've handled it a few times, I learn how to do it 'right' and in this way we're rewiring me to be able to handle situations without their help. It works beautifully for us.