How can I protect myself from tulpas?

Umyzez

Please help. This is scary.

I want to apologize for the unreadability of the text. English is not my main language. I am writing here because I don’t know anyone to ask for help. The situation looks really terrible; on this I will try to describe everything in short.

My story began 10 years ago when I did not know about the tulpas. Strange as it may sound I managed to unconsciously create several characters (3 tulpas). (You know, a child playing with imaginary friends.) Then I could only dream to communicate with them. I considered them "characters for stories" and continued to "force" them in this way. I drew them. Thought about them.

3 years ago, I came across an article about the tulpas and how make them "alive". I have struggled to learn to hear my new headmates (2 tulpas; Because I thought that did not create my old ones). I succeeded. When I could hear them, there were more than five tulpas, including new ones. We had good relationships as I thought. I even managed to develop a romantic one with one of them. Her name was Tiala. We loved each other. And when I finally learned to confidently hear them, this incident happened.

One day, my sweetie awakened me. She cried. She said that she wants to be with me, to live a normal life and does not want to obey the other tulpas. I did not know what to say. She told then, that all life her compelled to be quiet. But now she can't stand it. «They hate you, other tulpas hate you. They always deceived you. They want to kill you». In I thought the beginning, that it is a bad joke. «You always protected him. You betrayed us. », was heard from them. Then they started using mental torture on her. This manifested itself like the effect of hypnotic suggestion, when a person really feels pain. I tried to protect her, but after a few days I could no longer hear her voice. During torture, she tried to explain what is really happening:

It turned out that one of my old tulpa was a traitor. He couldn't accept life of forgotten voice in my head. He killed my old tulpas and all the time trying to find a way to get to me. Then he began to create his own tulpas (as soon as he heard that this is possible), and forced them to work for himself. Training every day to gain power to “kill” . And the most terrible thing is that I allowed him to get information how to do that by myself, studying tulpa phenomenon. He's watching and studying me, uses every thought I think, every word I say, action I do, looking for ways to kill me. But first he wants to get to my family because he wants me to suffer.

I demanded an explanation but they only laughed and yelled that she is dead. Then I did not know what to do. I could not protect my loved one. Those whom I considered to be my family deceived me. It became clear that tulpamancy is over for me.

She tried to warn that now they are studying how to control my body. They learn to do this when I sleep. If they could do this earlier, it would end in violence. Even if they do not succeed they will try to kill me in a lucid dream, cause dissociation, dig into my mental flow, use everything that only tulpa can.

So, I have a time to do something.

The situation is very similar to what is found in this post. https://community.tulpa.info/thread-i-need-help--10959 . That’s the way he killed her. But what should I do if there are a lot of them?

Something like  https://community.tulpa.info/thread-tulpa-war-can-one-tulpa-harm-or-destroy-another-tulpa-if-so-how-does-that-work . But they all against me.

If you have any idea of what I should do, please help. I will be very grateful for any advice.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing i have ever read has said that a tulpa can kill another tulpa without the host's will.  I believe Tiala is very much alive, but sleeping in stasis.  I don't know if the other tulpae can even really hurt her since she can really make any defence to their offense imaginable in wonderland.  

Though with the host's help (or the host alone) it would be possible i believe to put any tulpa in stasis by simply creating a new wonderland far enough away from the old one so that they can never reach eachother.  Infinity is a concept in wonderland and can be used, but only really by the host if you think about it because neither time nor space exists in wonderland without the host's will.

This may take some thinkng.  But you should be able to take Tiala with you to the new wonderland and basically put the old one in stasis. (No time passes.)  You must remember, you will always have an edge on your tulpa, but you may lose some memories and experiance some seperation pain from them.  It needs to be a clean break, shut them out perminantly.  Fight any thought from them, devote zero energy to the old wonderland. They are intrusives now.  Then forget them.  They will eventually dissipate like any other intrusive.

I know you can do it.  Give yourself a goid chunk of time and fill your mind only with the new wonderland.

I wish you luck.  Some of the elders here will hopefully have other tools to help make it easier.

I'll try to help. First, don't worry about your tulpas taking control of your body against your will, just set in your mind that you're the host and they can't do anything to get the body's control unless you allow it on purpose. They can't learn anything while you're asleep because they can't be active if you're sleeping, they're still bound to the brain, don't worry about them doing things in your sleep.

I don't see how a tulpa could kill you in dreams, specially a lucid one, you've been the host since you were born, unless you actively seek it, they can't kill a consciousness that is so well cemented in the mind.

You could try and speak to those evil tulpas, ask them why they're doing that, let them explain everything. You said one of your tulpas couldn't accept his life as a forgotten voice, did you pay attention to all of your other tulpas but him? make sure they don't feel left out or else it's highly likely there will be hard feelings, I'm telling you this because it's weird for a tulpa to hate their hosts for no reason.

About the other tulpas they ''killed'', I wouldn't worry too much about it, you can't kill a tulpa the same way you kill a living being, killing a tulpa is more of a symbolic process than anything, basically you don't focus on them, forget about their existence and pretend they cease to exist, but you can always bring them back if you want, same applies to your tulpas, I'm pretty sure you can bring them back.

Also, one way to make the problem bigger is to think you need to protect yourself from them, because you're subconsciously building the idea that they're a threat. Stop thinking about them that way, instead, think of them as if they were just a minor annoyance that will be fixed.

A tulpa can't create other tulpas without the knowledge and approval of the current fronter, these other tulpas are not actually sentient, and you can therefore get rid of them by simply imagining them away. Also a tulpa could be very mean, but the only way to kill one (this includes the host) is to forget about them to the extent that the connections in your brain that make them no longer exist, and since you are the host it would be just about impossible for you to die without you specifically trying to because of how long you have been alive, also as the host it will be very difficult for a tulpa to forcefully take control of the body away from you due to your experience with piloting it.

I would recommend to try not to pay attention or worry about your tulpas, perhaps even try to convince yourself that they don't exist (this would make dissipation go faster) because the more you think about the issue the more of an issue it will be.

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

How long do you spend talking to you " evil Tulpæ"? I wonder if only Tiala is your only Tulpa because you spent the most time with her. Did the "evil Tulpa's" threats start recently?

Meow. You may see my headmates call me Gray or sometimes Cat.

I used to speak in pink and Ranger used to speak in blue (if it's unmarked and colored assume it's Ranger). She loves to chat.

Our system account

Nothing i have ever read has said that a tulpa can kill another tulpa without the host's will.  I believe Tiala is very much alive, but sleeping in stasis.  I don't know if the other tulpae can even really hurt her since she can really make any defence to their offense imaginable in wonderland.  

Though with the host's help (or the host alone) it would be possible i believe to put any tulpa in stasis by simply creating a new wonderland far enough away from the old one so that they can never reach eachother.  Infinity is a concept in wonderland and can be used, but only really by the host if you think about it because neither time nor space exists in wonderland without the host's will.

This may take some thinkng.  But you should be able to take Tiala with you to the new wonderland and basically put the old one in stasis. (No time passes.)  You must remember, you will always have an edge on your tulpa, but you may lose some memories and experiance some seperation pain from them.  It needs to be a clean break, shut them out perminantly.  Fight any thought from them, devote zero energy to the old wonderland. They are intrusives now.  Then forget them.  They will eventually dissipate like any other intrusive.

I know you can do it.  Give yourself a goid chunk of time and fill your mind only with the new wonderland.

I wish you luck.  Some of the elders here will hopefully have other tools to help make it easier.

Thank you, I also believe that that she was not suffering more, but I can’t forgive what they did to her. I heard about the cases when the tulpas was brought back to life, but I can’t do it while they are there. I'll just make her suffer, and they'll torture her every day. I do not want such a life for her.

They have their own wonderland. And they will try to penetrate mine if I do something similar. I think it's better to abandon it altogether. Destroy everything that binds us and close them there.

I already block everything that is connected with them, but I'm afraid that they are strong enough not to depend on my attention. This can take a long time. But I'm afraid that they may pose some danger.

A tulpa remaining active without the host's attention has nothing to do with "how powerful the tulpa is". It's about how well your actual skill at keeping them active is. My tulpas are extremely well developed, most of them over 8 years old, with tons of time switched and fronting, and they still can't really remain active when I'm not paying them attention.

Also, despite the sounds of the terms switching and possession, it's not a light switch flick. It's an involved and difficult process where the host will always default back to control until both parties have a decent amount of experience, especially after sleeping. It took my tulpas, what, 1-2 months of switching practice before they could (front an entire day without getting tired) stay switched after going to sleep. So you will never have any of that done against your will.

Stop believing your tulpas can do things or "grow powerful" without your attention. You're literally making it up and believing it on your own. Without conscious thought, these things cannot happen.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Thank you, I also believe that that she was not suffering more, but I can’t forgive what they did to her. I heard about the cases when the tulpas was brought back to life, but I can’t do it while they are there. I'll just make her suffer, and they'll torture her every day. I do not want such a life for her.

They have their own wonderland. And they will try to penetrate mine if I do something similar. I think it's better to abandon it altogether. Destroy everything that binds us and close them there.

I already block everything that is connected with them, but I'm afraid that they are strong enough not to depend on my attention. This can take a long time. But I'm afraid that they may pose some danger.

I agree with the thinking that if you ignore them, they will dissipate, so this is a good plan.  I also agree that this approach is going to take time.

The only concern I have is if you try to forget everything without a positive focus in your mind, it may be a while.  It's easier if you are creating new positive memories.  This does not have to be with tulpamancy in a new wonderland.  What i am talking about is some mental activity that is interesting that will burn in new positive memories.  Reading good books or writing your own positive stories can do this.  Even religeon can do this.

To leave it at that is your choice, and it will work.  They have no power without you.  They can't hurt you or do anything while you sleep if you stop paying any attention to them.  I understand that you said reasoning with them did not work for you.  I can only trust you tried everything and are making an imformed decision to end everything.  To keep from thinking of them will take effort and time.  It is easier if you occupy your attention elsewhere.

I too tried to make one tulpa and ended up with three.  Luckily they all turned out well, but it took a lot of time and effort.  I have read testimonies like you mentioned that show it is possible to go bad, but never anythimg like what you fear will happen to you.  Nightmares, even lucid ones, are completely different than positive ones.  Nightmares are just your brains way of dealing with trauma, they cannot do anything to you in this way.  I have nothing i have ever read that even suggests this is a possibility.  

Take heart in Luminesce, Cat, Miri and Breloomancer's testimonies as well.  There are options.  Belief is a powerful thing, still cannot harm you or your family in reality without your will, they can never change your will.

I have read a few testimonies where people (hosts) have stopped tulpamancy sucessfully.  You are not alone in that regard.

I'll try to help. First, don't worry about your tulpas taking control of your body against your will, just set in your mind that you're the host and they can't do anything to get the body's control unless you allow it on purpose. They can't learn anything while you're asleep because they can't be active if you're sleeping, they're still bound to the brain, don't worry about them doing things in your sleep.

You could try and speak to those evil tulpas, ask them why they're doing that, let them explain everything. You said one of your tulpas couldn't accept his life as a forgotten voice, did you pay attention to all of your other tulpas but him? make sure they don't feel left out or else it's highly likely there will be hard feelings, I'm telling you this because it's weird for a tulpa to hate their hosts for no reason.

I very much hope that it is so. I studied a lot of literature on how the human psyche works, maybe they used the information from there to develop their abilities. Perhaps this inspired them to the existence of such an opportunity as to kill the host.

About that traitor. He was my favorite character; I saw him as my best friend. I devoted a lot of time to him. I thought that we could build our own Home(wonderland), with other tulpas, but I do not know why he chose this path. He turned out to be a monster who murdered people close to me. Now there is no hope for a peaceful resolution of the conflict.

Other tulpas said that they themselves decided to betray me. One of them said that he had no choice. Just imagine, you come into this world, and you are told, either you will be for them, or you will suffer (This creature will torture you every day and the like.) Just as he forced Tiala and other tulpas to suffer before her. Nobody will save you and this because the person who is called "Host" selfishly contributed to your appearance. (They often told me that it was all because of me.) But you have the choice, you will help us, and we, use our strength to kill him, and then, thanks to our mental superiority, we will reach such a level of development that we can "materialize" you and give you a new life. But first let's make him suffer.

The more of them, the more difficult and frightening for the new tulpa to refuse such an offer. They literally deny the choice of other tulpas. You can’t "kill" them, but they can ruin your life (possess/switch/dissociate you for example.). You are one, and there are a lot of them. In my opinion this is an ideal motivation to betray your host.

I understand that I should simply block any of their manifestations. But something makes me worried. The situation does not seem quite standard.

About that traitor. He was my favorite character; I saw him as my best friend. I devoted a lot of time to him. I thought that we could build our own Home(wonderland), with other tulips, but I do not know why he chose this path. He turned out to be a monster who murdered people close to me. Now there is no hope for a peaceful resolution of the conflict.

Did you, by any chance, give him an evil role as a character? you said they were characters for stories, was he the ''bad guy'' or something? because I can't think of many explanations as to why he became evil when you treated him well. Perhaps he didn't like the idea of being just a ''voice in the head'' and want to live in the real world?

Try to take away any power he may have, just don't expect him to be a threat and chances are he won't be. Since it appears he is the real problem, you could try to isolate him from the rest of your tulpas, focus on the other tulpas instead of him.