How do I get rid of my tulpas

Young_Jedi

Hi, I really need help, I have a large number of tulpas and created my first one when I was six now I have around one hundred. My concern is that they are getting stronger, all my tulpas used to be from movies or shows that I have watched but now they are real people and I'm scared because whenever I say that that are not real they get angry and I become sad. I don't know what to do. They have helped get rid of my depression but it mentally hurts. my depression is not gone and all I know is that its scary.

Well, um, relax.

I suggest going on Tulpa Chat on discord. Accessible through the tulpas reddit. They will help you understand your situation better. Your statements there are somewhat confusing, so I also recommend researching other forms of plurality such as Dissociative Identity Disorder.

It is very rare for a person to have more than a dozen prominent tulpas. The rest usually don't have enough presence to worry about. Could you let one of them speak on their behalf, here, so we can get a better idea of what is going on?

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

[breach] You might want to start with not calling them "not real". They obviously are not the same as their sources (the people or media characters they are based on). They are different than who they are based on. But they are there in your brain with you and thus as real as you are. Just, they aren't the original versions. They are fictive (based on media characters) and factive (based on people in outerworld) tulpas. If the only problem is that you are afraid of them because they get angry when you say they are not real, then you understanding that they are real, just fictive and factive, and not calling them "not real" anymore will likely keep what you fear from ever happening.

Tri = {V, O, G}, Ice and Frostbite and Breach (all formerly Hail), and others

System Name: Fall Family

Former Username: hail_fall

Contributor and administrator on a supplementary tulpamancy resource and associated forum, Tulpa.io and Tulpa.io/discuss/.

Hmm... First off, I suppose you should try to empathize with them. Imagine you suddenly appeared in a random world, only able to communicate with the few people there and be unable to leave. There's an overlord being who created all of you on a whim from some media he enjoyed at the time and he wanted you to help with HIS problems. But now he's denying your existence and is trying to ignore you. Wouldn't you be upset as well?

It's not your fault, though. Most people aren't used to the idea that their brain might one day not be only theirs one day. Once a mental character becomes a tulpa, they are conscious. You need to treat them like real people. You're still the main person in your brain, but now you have a population in there. If you truly want them to leave, you should do it amicably. People don't usually want to feel hated, and I'd wager that tulpas feel the same. People also want to pass away peacefully, not just disappear into the dark. For example, you could use the character you based them on. Deal with their demons for them, and let them pass away knowing that their life wasn't in vain. Or you could create an afterlife for them, allocate a bit of your mind for them to inhabit for the rest of your life. Request that they not interfere with your part of the mind. And don't worry about space, the mind has a HUGE amount of space. You could think of it like alternate dimensions. That's a good way of making it clear that their bit space won't reduce the amount of space you have. They're in an alternate dimension, not in yours.

System Members: NaVi (Host), Clarissa, Lily, Aoi & Haru, As of Yet Unnamed aka "U"

Familiars: Northern Goshawk, Raven, Genet, Clouded Leopard, Siberian Husky Pup, Chimpanzee

Okay, that changes things. Could you describe the exact conditions of their creation, and their first interactions with you? One interpretation of the top of my head is that they're a representation of self-hatred out of your depression. Still, more info is useful.

System Members: NaVi (Host), Clarissa, Lily, Aoi & Haru, As of Yet Unnamed aka "U"

Familiars: Northern Goshawk, Raven, Genet, Clouded Leopard, Siberian Husky Pup, Chimpanzee

I have no idea what they are anymore because people have told me that they aren't exactly tulpas and they are separate and people say that they are more metaphysics, I just have no idea

Yeah... That's kind of a huge problem if you ask me. Putting them all into dormancy would be definitely rude since they've helped you and the fact that they're most likely sentient, but then there's the issue of them trying to hurt you for some reason? Can you explain how exactly they're trying to harm you? What they are by technicality are Soulbonds and also semi-natural tulpas created by an obsession with someone either a character from some sort of media in most cases. But having over 100 of them? Yep, that is something gone way out of hand.

I would go with the suggestion about sealing them off somewhere unless what they're doing to harm you is serious enough. If that's the case, then mass-dissipation by grouping them all together and killing them somehow or making them slowly fade out of existence. Just make sure that they're truly gone once you're done if this is the option you want to go with.

Hi, I like reading guides.

I also write guides; check out my guide here:
Tulpamancy: Guide into the Strange and Wonderful

authorthingy(galaxysandhorizontal).png.63180e0a60be1f3e36943e24d1a92189.png