I am a bit confused 2

Vlad

So, some time ago I made a thread about some confusion of mine.

Now, some time passed.. my tulpa still hasn't got sentient, but I am confused about the following things: when I am forcing, I used to imagine her as a blonde haired girl, anyways, for some reason that I dont really know I decided to change her appearance, and since she ain't blonde anymore I decided to change her name too(don't know why either), would that do any bad to her..?

Well, since she's not sentient yet I don't think it would cause anything bad to happen, but in the future try to stay with one form and name. The way I did it with Quilten, I forced with him and focused pretty much only on sentience until he was able to communicate with words with me. I used a very simple form for him at first (small, Navi-esque fairy), until he was able to speak. Afterwards he was able to choose his name and a form he liked and that's when we worked on those things. That way he would have an easier time changing his form if he decided to. It's really conventions because whenever we are talking and he wants to come "out" he doesn't have to use his human form and can sit on my shoulder.

I'm not saying that this is the best way or the way you should go about doing things, but it helped me out a lot. You shouldn't be too concerned with changing her name and form this early in the process. Anyway, good luck to you both!

[align=center]Even though my username is that of my tulpa, Quilten, my name is Phaneron, the host, who does all of the actual posting.

Tulpas: Quilten, Jira

[/align]

I agree with that, imagine it from her point of view. It'll get a bit confusing for her early on trying to show you that she's sentient if she's adressed or imagined differently all the time. I would say maybe don't worry so much now but once you get the first pangs of sentience then it's time to settle down a bit and from there on you can leave changing her appearance and name to her if she ever decides on that.

I'm very glad to help! :)

[align=center]Even though my username is that of my tulpa, Quilten, my name is Phaneron, the host, who does all of the actual posting.

Tulpas: Quilten, Jira

[/align]

Ahm.. I remembered something.. if I changed her name and appearance, even though I explained her that I will do so, won't there be a chance that I accidentaly created a second tulpa..?

Well, as long as you're still focusing on HER it should all be good. I mean, focusing on her as a person. If you're still perceiving her as the same person, even though she looks different, then you will still be forcing her, not a second tulpa. Basically, I think you won't create a second one unless you specifically want to.

What I do with my tuppers, I gave them an initial form and we stick to it, to avoid confusion. We can always change it, or even the names, later on should we decide to.

"Tulpamancy? It's a way of life.

More than one..."