I started a YouTube for my tulpa! Now he's popular with kids.

tulpatulpa

Hey there!

I just wanted to say I love reading these forums! For many years I'd never even heard of the word 'tulpa' before. When I finally learnt it, everything clicked for me, and I was so happy to discover a whole community of persons with rich tulpas. Made me feel less isolated with my own tulpa. :)

I've had a tulpa for about 30 years now in the form of a talking sheep. Things started quiet -- just a small voice that'd come to me for the first few years. But as I grew up, his voice got louder, and his personality just kinda naturally developed as he matured alongside with me. Now, he has his own thought processes, different memories of shared events, and a way of speaking that's entirely different from my own. I've tried explaining this to my close friends, but they think I'm just being eccentric or weird. Interestingly, my mother used to refer to my sheep tulpa as 'it', but of late, she's started referring to him as 'he'. I guess it's because she's noticed that Bobby has consistently stayed with me for three decades now, and just accepts it. 

Anyway, less than a year ago, I decided, "Why not?!" - and decided to create a YouTube channel and Instagram account dedicated exclusively to Bobby. Of course, I do the video editing work -- but I just let him decide what he wants to talk about, randomly approach people to chat with them, etc, whilst I take a backseat to the process. I actually found myself having to get used to the whole thing, cause there are times where I am creatively at odds with him, but allow him to take the lead. I feel embarrassed when people stare at me with him -- but just subside my self-consciousness and give him charge of what happens. I now find that doing all of this has actually strengthened the bond I have with my tulpa, more than ever before.

If you're keen, you can see what I mean. 

[video=youtube]

There's also

that has a higher than normal amount of tulpa-to-other-human reactions. I had to endure a lot of strange looks just so he could socialize with others, which he feeds off.

Fast forward a few months later, and he now has about 30k followers on Instagram, and almost 3k subscribers on YouTube. I NEVER expected this, because I figured at the most it'd be a creative outlet for my tulpa -- and, at best, he'd find a niche audience. But things have been going really cool. I'm still grappling with the whole idea.

What's really cool is the amount of 'tulpa fan mail' we get from kids around the world. It's very heartening to read their comments, sincerely. Many of them talk about having a silly laugh from the random nonsensical videos Bobby does. I never anticipated this, since I figured everyone would just think tulpas are ridiculous. The best letters are from kids that tell us they feel more comfortable with being themselves, no matter how odd things come across.

I started to realize from this that it's actually possible to let our tulpas loose in the world, and indirectly inspire others to maybe try and expand their consciousness. I actually believe most people are able to conjure up tulpas... if they let go of the cultural stigma that surrounds the whole notion. Our sentience is so powerful anyway! I know it sounds a bit idealistic, but I do hope that people will allow themselves and their tulpas to be free, without fear. That being said, I'm still coming to terms with putting forth my tulpa into the public world, beyond just our private conversations. It's not always comfortable. But I'm really thankful for the opportunity for my tulpa to do stuff for charity and to make kids feel entertained.

Anyway, thanks for hearing my story. I just really wanted to share it with this community of other tulpas. I'm really happy to have discovered these forums and am excited to read everyone's tulpa stories!

Welcome to the boards. :)

I haven't seen many tulpas that are connected to something in the real world. I'm glad you two are having fun doing something so public together. You got a unique thing going on here, that's for sure. I'll give the videos a watch later, but I'll go ahead and follow Bobby's Instagram now while I've got it open.

Looking forward to seeing the both of you around.

pr // discord: Heckhound#6112

Welcome to the boards. :)

I haven't seen many tulpas that are connected to something in the real world. I'm glad you two are having fun doing something so public together. You got a unique thing going on here, that's for sure. I'll give the videos a watch later, but I'll go ahead and follow Bobby's Instagram now while I've got it open.

Looking forward to seeing the both of you around.

Thanks for the friendly greeting Heckhound! I appreciate it! ::)eah, for the longest time, it was just him and me. Till one day I just had a personal epiphone to just put him out in the world and see what happens. It's been a huge learning experience as we actually deepen our communication with each other, which was not what I'm expecting!

Could you share a little about your own tulpa experience? Since learning the term, I've been keen to hear more personal stories about other tulpas and their hosts, and seeing similarities / differences. I'd love to hear about your tulpa!

Well, I've known about tulpas since early 2014, though I was mostly lurking around the community until around 2016. Since then, I've had a few failed attempts for various reasons. I've learned a lot from those experiences though, and have matured as a person, so I don't believe I'll be repeating my past mistakes.

I've kept my current tulpa's personal details private so far, but I will say that he's been around for almost 3 years now. He started out as a character that I paid a lot of attention to during that time (daily even), and he underwent a lot of development as a result. It got to the point where I'd know how he'd feel/say about just about anything, to the point of sometimes getting clear, automatic responses if I were to ask him something.

This year, I decided to "upgrade" him to tulpa status, and give him free reign of his life. No more controlling from my end, and he's now detached from his backstory. It's been an interesting process, and he's enjoying experiencing the real world. We've found that we're pretty good at touch imposition, too, which is neat.

That was maybe more than a "little" about my experience, sorry! Anyway, I'm glad you two are bonding and I hope you'll keep having a good time with all this. I can imagine being so open and public about it can get stressful eventually. Stay safe.

Well, I've known about tulpas since early 2014, though I was mostly lurking around the community until around 2016. Since then, I've had a few failed attempts for various reasons. I've learned a lot from those experiences though, and have matured as a person, so I don't believe I'll be repeating my past mistakes.

I've kept my current tulpa's personal details private so far, but I will say that he's been around for almost 3 years now. He started out as a character that I paid a lot of attention to during that time (daily even), and he underwent a lot of development as a result. It got to the point where I'd know how he'd feel/say about just about anything, to the point of sometimes getting clear, automatic responses if I were to ask him something.

This year, I decided to "upgrade" him to tulpa status, and give him free reign of his life. No more controlling from my end, and he's now detached from his backstory. It's been an interesting process, and he's enjoying experiencing the real world. We've found that we're pretty good at touch imposition, too, which is neat.

That was maybe more than a "little" about my experience, sorry! Anyway, I'm glad you two are bonding and I hope you'll keep having a good time with all this. I can imagine being so open and public about it can get stressful eventually. Stay safe.

Thanks man! Appreciate the sharing. I think it's really cool how your tulpa emerged organically from just casual attention to something automated and sentient. 

When you say detached from his backstory, do you mean that he just kinda developed in ways that transcended what you were consciously trying to craft for him? Meaning, he evolved to the point where he would know aspects of himself that you yourself were unaware of - which you learned from him later?

No problem! Yeah, it was definitely a gradual thing. Organic is a good word for it.

I meant he no longer identifies with the backstory he had as a character. For the most part, anyway. He maintained the personality that emerged from it, but doesn't see it as something that actually happened to him. He does, however, remember things about himself that I came up with (when he was a character) better than I do at times. When I've forgotten a detail of his appearance, for example, he usually knows and can correct me if I've gotten it wrong.

That's not to say I haven't learned new things about him. Although he's kept a large portion of his crafted personality, he's still able to surprise me with new aspects of himself. Which is to be expected since he's been able to interact, learn, and reflect on his own.

That is really nice! It is rare sight for tulpas to be accepted by in public let alone being the star of its own channel. I'm pleased to know that not all are as pesimistic about the whole tulpa phenomenon. Bobby's fun to watch, i like his energetic personality. It's really nice to see you guys are having fun doing this stuff together publicly. We wish you guys the best of luck!

Ohh, me and Nihi subed to your channel. Looking forward from you guys :D

Hello! I am one of Nihi's Tulpas! It is very nice to meet you! :D

The comments are a bit surreal. I'm glad Bobby gets to interact with the outside world this much though, that's cool!

Despite the name, the host bodybody is the one usually using this account. 

Spice was born in 2013 and Tomoe was born in 2014.