Ideas for pain suppressant servitors

Hormoz

Any one got any ideas on how to do this? The basic idea seems to be something like using imposition to override the sense of pain and creating a servitor with an on and off switch on that.

[Written in collaboration with Misha]

I don't see how imposition is involved, you would know more than us about that then, please let us know what you heard?

Dissociation with pain is certainly possible. Not that you don't know the pain is there, but it just kind of doesn't matter. (In our experience.) Pain is often a physical sensation, so whoever is fronting will feel it.

The body's emotions can be shut down, and any moods or intrusive moods can be completely negated. As far as emotional pain goes, it's great for the fronter. If the one who has the mood simply switched out, they'd just emotionally bleed on the new fronter. You need to resolve your own pain, not spread it around. So there is a method we use for that called autoreset. If it worked for physical pain, whew, we could call ourselves legends.

In terms of servitors, you actually have the equivalent of a built in servator now, the Body OS. We have proven that you can switch out and leave no one in front in whole or in part by any percentage.

In this community currently, servitors are kind of a black art for the following reasons:

1. They often gain sentience and now you've just created a tulpa who's job it is to handle pain, that's not very ethical, and servitors who gain sentience in a young system (less than a few years old) is nearly guaranteed based on all the systems we interacted with. This may be wrong, but still, it happens a lot. The end result is having to kill the servitor turned young tulpa. This practice is abandoned mostly.

2. They can only do what you can train them to do. They will basically sit there and do nothing while you're off meditating, don't expect them to think for themselves, that's not a servitor then, servitors don't think. A true servitor is the absence of personality, perspective, memories, or thought. Consider it like a music box or calculator.

3. You won't find much help here or in the main communities on Discord openly, we were attacked multiple times for even mentioning the term, anything from it's fake to it's immoral.

We, of course, do not limit ourselves to the norms of this community, so we will help you the best we can with what little we know.

the way we block out pain is a lot more practical than a servitor imo, and Reisen did it when eating the stupid hot pepper one chip challenge chip recently - basically dissociating from your sense of pain, but I'd call it "un-immersing yourself in your senses", like, pull your perspective back a bit and think of the pain as only a sense coming to your brain, and not as "you being in pain"

pain is optional for us, we just have to remember that! 'cus she was definitely in pain for a good few minutes until she remembered we can do that lol

don't know what to say about servitors because they feel like mostly placebo (which obviously would work in this case), imo their best use on the subject would be training yourself with them to automatically remember to dissociate/etc. from the pain when you start experiencing it

... oh, but I guess when it comes to stuff like servitors, the goal would be to make yourself think you're not even feeling pain at all. well we don't do that, oh well

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

If you can reverse impose the pain and replace it with more desirable imposed sensations, just do that. You don't need a servitor for it. But reverse imposition is more rumor than established fact. Some of the community's top imposers should weigh in on whether they can manage it. From what I've read of servitors, they can only do what you can do, because you create and train them by doing a lot of what you intend them for. So, learn the pain suppression yourself first.

If, like the Bears, you can just check out and leave no one at the front, just let the body suffer. It's less than a beast if no one is in it. But we can't do that. I don't know many who can. If you have to create a placeholder thoughtform to suffer for you so that you can bail on the body, you're setting yourself up to be a late onset traumagenic system, with potentially any of the complications of a conventional traumagenic system.

Funny you should mention pain suppression just now though. I went through four hours of electrolysis on my face on Monday. In lieu of individually feeling the burning death of each and every one of thousands upon thousands of hairs, I instead opted to feel dozens of Lidocaine injections. By the time the first of six areas was numbed and ready for treatment, I was completely wrecked by the worst pain I had ever felt, sobbing, wailing, and shaking uncontrollably. The technician asked me if I could actually do this and I told her I wasn't sure.

But while I may not have a servitor to bear pain, I have a noble and loving headmate. Iris has massive powers of emotional suppression, so for the subsequent rounds of injections, she volunteered to take the front. She faced them with overwhelming strength and stoicism. It wouldn't be ethical to create a headmate to be the pain bearer, but if you're lucky enough to end up with a capable volunteer...

I kept front during the electrolysis itself, but did my level best to dissociate into the mindscape. Vesper and I went for a long walk through London to try to keep me distracted from the body. With everyone working together, we were able to make the experience a little less horrible -- sans imposition, sans dissociation, sans servitor.

-Ember

I'm not having fun here anymore, so we've decided to take a bit of a break, starting February 27, 2020. - Ember

Ember - Soulbonder, Female, 39 years old, from Georgia, USA . . . . [Our Progress Report] . . . . [How We Switch]

Vesper Dowrin - Insourced Soulbond from London, UK, World of Darkness, Female, born 9 Sep 1964, bonded ~12 May 2017

Iris Ravenlock - Insourced Soulbond from the Winter Court of Faerie, Dresdenverse, Female, born 6 Jun 1982, bonded ~5 Dec 2015

'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.' - The Velveteen Rabbit

you don't have to "leave the body empty" to do what we do, and actually although I said dissociate it doesn't entail the same "zoom out" that actual dissociation for switching does, it's more like...

this might only make sense to us and all the self-help/personal-development/philosophy stuff we've read, but it's actually just "becoming conscious", taking control of your awareness rather than living on autopilot, that is what we do to stop being bothered by pain, we're very conscious for it and still fully aware and attached to our senses, but detached in a way (again I wanna call it un-immersion)

this might be an advanced skill that resulted from all the years of personal-development stuff Lumi did now that I think about it...

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

[Written in collaboration with Misha]

I don't see how imposition is involved, you would know more than us about that then, please let us know what you heard?

Basically overriding the sense with something else or nothing at all just as you would do with other stuff, this time though, it is pain. Now turning that into a servitor so that as little manual work as possible is required, and that you can turn it off and on for periods of time without much concentration or effort on your part.

Interesting useage, but you're looking at quite some effort to make a servitor, and learn these techniques, like imposition with it. That's a lofty kind of mid-game goal imo, but you can certainly do it, it wouldn't be unprecedented.

You may want to look into Vipassana meditation. Specifically, I would set your servitor up and start it running while you are in a moderate degree of trance, and then the trick would be learning to keep the effect's strength while being less and less in trance.

My system does have traumagenic "veil" (shell) alters, actually several over the years. A sort of autopilot zombie of a person, to be a harsh toward them. They hardly think for themselves outside of basic reactions and knowing what they should say in common social situations. They have beliefs, but their beliefs are almost entirely informed: I think this because so-and-so told me to. In any meaningful interaction, either someone else switches in, or they "speak through the veil." The veil, in this way, acts like a spacer, or a buffer- or, well, a veil. Very numbing. It is helpful in short doses, I literally do not remember EVER shouting/getting visibly angry since these veils developed, but there are major downsides to this setup.  You do not want to live life with a wall between yourself and meaningful interaction, whether that's a veil alter or a servitor. That's more than enough warning tho... Numbness is very valuable, especially in the face of chronic pain. We have knee pain we have almost completely tuned out. I see no reason to process it, there's no resolution, it's a chronic, slowly worsening pain! If I didn't already have numbing/pain-killing abilities, I might consider a servitor... 

But I guess that's the catch. If you don't consciously process/feel it, it'll be much harder to resolve it. So you should not use a servitor to bear pains that you could (feasibly and safely) resolve.

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread

yes, it is possible to impose negative hallucinations, or as I call it "negative imposition", and though I personally do not do nociception imposition, it should be possible.

now, could you make a servitor to do it automatically? that is a bit of a tough question because people can mean multiple different things when they say "servitor", thankfully we don't have to answer it because it doesn't seem like you specifically want a servitor, but rather you just want an automatic process for filtering out pain, which is just a habit, no need to get mystical. it would take some work, but it would be possible to get into the habit of negative imposing pain to the point where it is fully automatic.

should you do it? no. there are 3 big reasons not to:

1. it takes a lot of work to get good at negative imposition, and getting good at imposing a sense involves feeling that sense a lot, so if you wanted to get good at negative nociception imposition, you would have to experience a lot of pain, to the point where it probably wouldn't be worth it.

2. pain is important. if you don't know you are in pain, or don't know how much you are in pain, you could seriously hurt yourself and not know that you are hurting yourself, therefore not letting your body properly heal and possibly not stopping doing the thing that is hurting you. this is obviously very dangerous.

3. pain dissociation gives you the same benefit, with no downsides. it is much easier to get good at dissociating from pain than it is to get good at negative imposition, and doing so doesn't require you harming yourself. dissociation also doesn't remove pain, it just removes the emotional connection, so it doesn't feel bad, but you still know it's happening.

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

Im going to quote and lump everyones posts together seeing it's against the rules to respond individually to peoples posts and I dont know how to multi post. I just hope lumping my responses in one post wont confuse anyone (and hopefully I wont miss things I wanted to respond to)

"2. They can only do what you can train them to do. They will basically sit there and do nothing while you're off meditating, don't expect them to think for themselves, that's not a servitor then, servitors don't think. A true servitor is the absence of personality, perspective, memories, or thought. Consider it like a music box or calculator "

As one programs a servitor to act at certain times etc.. it doesn't matter if one is off meditating or whatever, it will still do as programmed even when the person is meditating or doing something else.

"If you can reverse impose the pain and replace it with more desirable imposed sensations, just do that. You don't need a servitor for it. But reverse imposition is more rumor than established fact. Some of the community's top imposers should weigh in on whether they can manage it. From what I've read of servitors, they can only do what you can do, because you create and train them by doing a lot of what you intend them for. So, learn the pain suppression yourself first."

If one learnt pain suppression first, what would be the point then for a servitor to do it.

". If you have to create a placeholder thoughtform to suffer for you so that you can bail on the body, you're setting yourself up to be a late onset traumagenic system, with potentially any of the complications of a conventional traumagenic system."

that is why people making a "servitor" and not a "tulpa" for something like that.

" They often gain sentience and now you've just created a tulpa who's job it is to handle pain, that's not very ethical,"

before I found this community, I'd never heard of a servitor gaining sentience.

"Funny you should mention pain suppression just now though. I went through four hours of electrolysis on my face on Monday. In lieu of individually feeling the burning death of each and every one of thousands upon thousands of hairs, I instead opted to feel dozens of Lidocaine injections. By the time the first of six areas was numbed and ready for treatment, I was completely wrecked by the worst pain I had ever felt, sobbing, wailing, and shaking uncontrollably. The technician asked me if I could actually do this and I told her I wasn't sure."

LOL that made me laugh.. it's horrific isnt it. I've gone through 5 electrolysis sessions on my face.. and near jump off the table with each shock. (Im a wimp though with body hair removal. I've cried some getting my lip and eyebrow waxed and end up in agony with a leg wax)

"It wouldn't be ethical to create a headmate to be the pain bearer"

someone could create a tulpa which "enjoyed" pain. I wish I'd thought of that as I would of tried adding that to mine lol.

"Interesting useage, but you're looking at quite some effort to make a servitor, and learn these techniques, like imposition with it. That's a lofty kind of mid-game goal imo, but you can certainly do it, it wouldn't be unprecedented."

I personally do not think that sounds as if it would be that hard as after all people can get hypnotized some quite easily so not to feel pain so I cant see why making a servitor to do that would be that hard. I was using a dentist clinic which was into natural things and they had the option there to be hypnotized instead of having a dental anesthetic.

"pain is important. if you don't know you are in pain, or don't know how much you are in pain, you could seriously hurt yourself "

that is a very good reason not to make a servitor to get rid of "any" pains. I guess one would want to be quite specific of exactly what pain you want to not feel.

"Any one got any ideas on how to do this?"

Though I have had a strong interest in servitors (before I even know about tulpas).. I dont really know how to go about making one to get rid of pains.

Jesse (human male) DOB 16th April 2013 

Working on imposition