Hello There, Guest! Register

[Imposition] Method for imposing and open eye visuals.
Tewi Offline
Amaranthine Rabbit
Registered

Threads: 1
All Accounts Posts: 2,254

RE: Method for imposing and open eye visuals.
(08-05-2016, 06:21 PM)InuYamsXSesshopmart Wrote: You can think if you want lol, did I say not to?

She was referring to guides on lucid dreaming we've read actually, they tend to suggest similar techniques for inducing lucid dreams. Of course, thinking is kind of required when forcing.

(08-05-2016, 04:32 PM)Sands Wrote: Darkness imposition is not a bad idea and it's the kind of stuff that would be good to have here as a suggestion.

Oh, that reminds me, we practiced a lot of imposition in the dark. But it wasn't necessarily focused on the visual aspect - of course, anyone being visualized would be totally in the dark anyways. We used it for the "sense of presence" aspect, along with the shape/form of a body without worrying too much about clear visuals. Touch too I guess. Imposition in the dark is interesting. The lack of vision (while retaining some) helps you focus on visualizing what "could be" there.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.
All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.
Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas
08-05-2016, 07:45 PM
Find Reply
FallFamily Offline
Registered

Threads: 8

[Tri] We have not tried darkness imposition, but it makes sense that it would work. Now, the blotches thing, maybe not everyone will get them with open eyes. If one does get them with open eyes, we can see how it might be easier to use them to get to imposition since with eyes open, the brain will expect to see something possibly. Lesser degree with eyes closed maybe.

The blanket thing has a few issues with safety, we do have to say. Face mask or just putting the blanket over the top half of the face. The advice of doing it at night does help reduce background light which makes it so incomplete coverage still does something.

We are a bit concerned about the terminology like Sands is. Hypnagogic hallucinations seem to be hallucinations occurring when one is on the verge of sleep. This guide/tip seems to indicate that one is more wakeful than that, and if anything, getting too close to sleep would end a session. It seems like this could work just as well in a dark room with an eye mask while sitting up or standing, which are no where near the edge of sleep.

Tri = {V, O, G}, Hail, A., E., Se., and S.
System Name: Fall Family
Former Username: hail_fall
Contributor and administrator on a supplementary tulpamancy resource and associated forum, Tulpa.io and Tulpa.io/discuss/.
08-06-2016, 04:34 PM
Find Reply
waffles Offline
no capital
Registered

Threads: 24

(08-05-2016, 04:32 PM)Sands Wrote: And the ones that did see them with their eyes open had people question it, looking like it might not be as common as the original poster thought. If that is the case, their original method as written is not as useful. Could someone else test this too, looking at complete darkness with their eyes open and fully awake to see if they can start seeing colorful splotches? Warning, it took me a rather long time to get anything, so you should be prepared to spend some time on this.
I get that almost immediately in incomplete darkness with my eyes open. Actually I get it pretty easily staring at lots of things, like carpets. I agree about 'hypnagogia' though - that's not the right term. Maybe there's a term in the literature for it, maybe there isn't. Also
Quote:The blanket thing has a few issues with safety, we do have to say
I trust that people who can operate a computer are unlikely to injure themselves in the act of being underneath a blanket, I guess, but maybe not.

But yeah, this reminds me of that vision control tutorial. I guess it seems clear enough to me, but others seem to be having more issues with it.
08-06-2016, 11:47 PM
Find Reply
FallFamily Offline
Registered

Threads: 8

(08-06-2016, 11:47 PM)waffles Wrote: I trust that people who can operate a computer are unlikely to injure themselves in the act of being underneath a blanket, I guess, but maybe not.

[Tri] The issue is that the problems can sneak up on someone, and there is a high vulnerability of falling asleep which could mean what would ordinarily be a little while where one can take it off when needed turns into several hours on accident. While a person is awake, it certainly can be done safely. Just, so high a chance of falling asleep.

Tri = {V, O, G}, Hail, A., E., Se., and S.
System Name: Fall Family
Former Username: hail_fall
Contributor and administrator on a supplementary tulpamancy resource and associated forum, Tulpa.io and Tulpa.io/discuss/.
08-07-2016, 05:49 AM
Find Reply
Lucilyn Offline
Very Hop'n Hop'n Hoppy
Registered

Threads: 3
All Accounts Posts: 2,254

https://www.reddit.com/r/explainlikeimfi...with_your/
That guy says breathing under your covers won't suffocate you. I believe him but it still feels kinda uncomfortable to me, I try not to do it for more than a minute at most. Buut, I believe him, probly no biggy.

Hi I'm one of Lumi's tulpas. I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.
All of my posts should be read at a hundred miles per hour because that's probably how they were written.
Please talk to me https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas
08-07-2016, 06:12 AM
Find Reply