q2's method for a huggable tulpa

QB2

This is written documentation of the method I used to experience QB's existence, copied from here, where it gets much nicer formatting. Technically a method of imposition, but with much more focus on basically everything other than sight.

-

I see the journey of a tulpa from birth to adulthood as just that. They are growing up, by learning from their experiences. What they see in the world shapes them into who they are and what they want to be. It gives them something to work with. If your tulpa lived in a plain white box, I do not believe you would make much progress with them. At least, not without pulling some strings. They need to experience life. Experience everything, in every way.

This works both ways, in that you must put just as much time, effort, and thoroughness into experiencing your tulpa.

Cutting to the chase, I want you to see your tulpa sitting on a chair. They exist there and nowhere else, what’s sitting there is them, and the rest of the scene is perfectly fine with that, down to the shadows.

Now, for an example, you may sit very close. Nose to nose, in fact. Focus on what that feels like. You can feel the proximity, you can feel their breath, you can smell them, you can see that they’re so close that they’re taking up your vision, and perhaps blurring a bit from being too close. Feel all of that, see all of it; it’s happening. Focus on feeling it. Bring back a memory, paint it in your mind, simulate it any way you can, and just know for all the world that that is what you are feeling this very instant. You impose that knowledge directly into the senses.

If necessary, start from the simplest sensation and work your way up. Poke your tulpa with a single fingertip, gently. Whatever the texture, be it skin, fur, or cloth, (we’ll say skin) you’ve probably felt it before. Feel it now. Simple, just point and think, know that your fingertip is experiencing the same thing it always does when it pokes this sort of thing. Your fingertip is touching skin. Focus everything you can on that being the truth. Focus on the fingertip itself as well.

The key is interaction. Along with a large portion of forcing yourself to believe something that you have no immediate reason to, much like the tulpa process as a whole. For visualization, you see every part. For this, you feel every part.

So yes, after enough work on these sessions, you will basically be spending them feeling up every inch of your tulpa’s body, in every way. Feel your fingers against their fingers, run your hand down their back, feel the little spaces in between their toes, et cetera. As you do this, practice the ancient art of the hoverhand until you are conditioned to never press any farther than the constraints of the tulpa’s form, even if you are performing this casually, awkwardly, and/or from a weird angle. Take note of the little things, like how their hair or fur lays, and therefore how it reacts to being fluffed around in every direction. Remember exactly how every part of this feels.

Sniff them, lick them. The same principles apply here too. Smell is a sense that is very strongly linked with recalling memories [citation needed], so if possible, work with this sense as early as you can.

That’s basically it. There are definitely other ways, but it’s what we did, and the results are amazing. There are few things that beat a warm, soft QB hug.

Updated guide here.

The above post does not contain facts.

q2's the host, QB's the tulpa.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to make sure I read this right, you're talking about doing all of this as open-eye visualization right?

Yes.

Quick question, What if I suffer from a lack of smell (anosmia)? I worry that I may never be able to describe to my tulpa, what something smells like, or what she smells like either :(

If everybody is thinking alike, then someone isnt thinking.

Quick question, What if I suffer from a lack of smell (anosmia)? I worry that I may never be able to describe to my tulpa, what something smells like, or what she smells like either :(

If you've gone your whole life without smell, I imagine you'd have difficulty there... but I am the opposite of an expert. I really don't know anything about that condition.

(Maybe you could give her some sort of abstract sense of smell, like smelling colors?)

fc7ic9.jpg

Of course, smell is not really "needed".

I'd just skip it in your case.

If you never had any sense of smell, you just wouldn't bother with it. It's not something you'd have any experience of. Just skip it.

That and enjoy the ability to keep a pet skunk and annoy all around you.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

If you never had any sense of smell, you just wouldn't bother with it. It's not something you'd have any experience of. Just skip it.

That and enjoy the ability to keep a pet skunk and annoy all around you.

Yeeeeeaaah this.

• 1 month later...

When i sit and force blindfolded, I always imagine samantha just in my face. So close that the barrier between being able to feel her face on mine cant get any closer. I'm always paranoid that some exporist girl is alway ready to get me when im blindfolded so I tryed to use this to my advantage. Hopefully i get well enough to smell.

And sam loves hugs :)

Progress report

"You'll have a Tulpa because you didn't give up" -Koomer