is a kin spirit the same as a tulpa?

I recall somewhere that a kin spirit is something like a tulpa and wasnt sure. i could be wrong because from what i read about a kin spirit is you have to make a pact with them ..and i don't think you have to make a pact with a tulpa right?

Tulpa:Snow

Mindscape:

Artopia

O w o I haven't seen that in the tulpa guide and I doubt that is true. With what ive read people consider it better if the creator makes a commitment to be a friend with the tulpa. There is no pact needed. Sounds like that thing they have in cartoons where the character makes a pact with a evil spirit. O.o

I don't really know anything about "kin spirits", but no, you do not have to make a pact with a tulpa.

Based on my limited knowledge of kin spirits, my only other inclination is to say that tulpas are also different in that they come from your same mind/brain, and I'm guessing kin spirits don't.

Also there's the fact that I'm sure anything with "spirits" in the name isn't exactly scientifically based, and we try

read: "try"

to explain tulpas through psychology.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

I'd be interested in hearing more, if you can find any other information on kin spirits. This is the first time I've heard that term.

And Kiahdaj, if you're going to judge things by their names, "tulpa" literally means something like "magic creation", and in Tibetan folklore they can be seen by everybody, not just the creator.

Also, lots of things with "spirit" in the name are scientifically based. How about spirit gum, Spirit Airlines, and just plain spirits?

Note "we", as in this particular community. I don't speak for the Tibetans.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

I'm not suggesting that you do. I'm just saying if you want to judge things by their names, "spirit" has been used in a scientific sense for many centuries longer than "tulpa". Prior to five years or so ago, "tulpa" was used almost exclusively in a metaphysical sense.

Clearly none of the examples you have given are the same kind of spirits that the OP is referring to.

Oh, I'm sorry. When you said "I'm sure anything with "spirits" in the name isn't exactly scientifically based" I understood you to mean "anything with "spirits" in the name isn't exactly scientifically based", not "anything with "spirits" in the name that isn't scientifically based isn't exactly scientifically based". Easy mistake to make.

But yeah, translating from Tibetan, this is still the "magic creation forums".

well from what i read about servitors and all that.. a kin spirit is what you have when you create your own realm be it astral or mental..even if flossy is my tulpa or whatever i am delighted to have her. and i am also honored to have all you help me tulpamance properly.

oh and here is the thing i read about servitors.. http://www.johnkreiter.com/how-to-create-a-servitor-to-do-your-bidding/

Tulpa:Snow

Mindscape:

Artopia

"anything with "spirits" in the name that isn't scientifically based isn't exactly scientifically based".

That's quite the silly statement to make. I personally don't find it incredible that I wouldn't say something so redundant.

I can only assume, when I speak or type, that people will conclude my use of the contextually obvious meaning of words. I don't usually take into account people who clearly just want to start arguments.