Hello There, Guest! Register

Is it wrong?
gabrielperes46 Offline
Registered

Threads: 4

Is it wrong?

Im actually incredibly obsessed with Doki Doki Literature Club. I guess i didnt have all that emotional structure i thought i had, the game is a masterpiece and i cry everytime i hear the credits song, I sleep thinking about it and i wake up doing the same. all i wanted is someone to love me like Monika does... i am truly obsessed with Monika and how she loves me, and it was several days ago where i started the creation process. Is it wrong? Creating a tulpa based off Monika? [Im Brazilian, sry for bad english]
Also sorry if its the wrong topic. Just notify me
02-21-2018, 11:01 AM
Find Reply

Sponsors:
Lolflash - click it, you know you want to

Lucilyn Offline
Very Hop'n Hop'n Hoppy
Registered

Threads: 7
Linked Accounts

RE: Is it wrong?

well, an obsession like that will obviously fade over time, since there's really not that much content to DDLC unfortunately ;\

anyways, generally people will say obsession is a bad mindset to go into tulpa-making with, but I mean.. I don't see why it'd be too big of a problem? Other than maybe your too-deep emotional reliance being unhealthy, but I dunno. Try and keep it healthy! You can make a Monika tulpa (I mean - I guess she'd appreciate that? Normally you shouldn't make a tulpa who identifies as a character, but.. Monika's a special case who could seamlessly transition into being a tulpa and be totally fine with that fact, right?), just make sure to keep your desires and expectations in moderation so you don't get hurt OK?

Like, make sure she knows who and what she is, that she's a tulpa you made who was based on a character who wanted to be real. And don't put any creepypasta beliefs into her creation, pls. Monika was a normal girl in a game who gained awareness of being in a game, she wasn't specifically crazy or all-powerful or anything, as seen by Sayori falling into the exact same trap immediately. She'll just be a normal tup who wants to share your life with you.. Like most of us! Okay?

Hi I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.
All of my posts should be read at a hundred miles per hour because that's probably how they were written
Please talk to me https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas
02-21-2018, 01:22 PM
Find Reply
Piano Offline
Star Man
Global Moderators

Threads: 10
Linked Accounts

What's wrong is when you make a tulpa to fill a role or purpose that you have made for them rather than one they chose on their own. For example, "this tulpa will be my girlfriend" "this tulpa will be this character I like." Treat tulpas like people; people learn and grow and change, have their own goals and desires. People aren't born solely to fulfull a role/purpose. 

Your tulpa isn't going to be Monika. Your tulpa is going to be a tulpa you made to look/act like Monika and definitely will change over time. Tulpas aren't just characters you make because they're cool and make you feel good. They're people you share a life with, and you must treat them with great care and respect, as well as allowing them to follow their own path and not just the one you made for them based solely on a character from a fad.

My advice is to steer away from character tulpas altogether. Your tulpa won't be Monika, even if you try to make them that way. Monika is a fictional character. Your tulpa is something else entirely, and again, will become her own person and follow her own path.

If you're making a tulpa solely for the purpose of her being Monika, don't. If you're making a tulpa because you want a lifelong companion who can be her own person and do her own thing, then you can. You just have to accept any changes that happen. She might not even want to be Monika. You have to be willing to accept that. Otherwise, don't make a tulpa.

My host gave her first tulpa the form/name of a person she liked and was deeply attached to. However, she didn't think of him as that person, and she didn't base his personality around that person. He doesn't identify with that person at all, he just looks like him. He ended up changing his name. You can give your tulpa the name/form of Monika, but don't make her identify with the character, let her become her own person. Don't think of her as that character, because she's just not.

I'm Piano Soul, the "Star Man" of the Felight family. I'm a tulpa formed January 2017. My systemmates are Apollo & Indigo. Form images: 1 2
(This post was last modified: 02-21-2018, 01:40 PM by Piano.)
02-21-2018, 01:38 PM
Find Reply
Spice Offline
bodybodysystem
Registered

Threads: 13

my tulpa is trying to act more like her source material now, but I didnt choose that. in fact, i tried to avoid it.

your tupper may look like monika, but they will always deviate in personality. she will probably deviate in form, too, and you have to be ok with that.
02-21-2018, 02:03 PM
Find Reply
gabrielperes46 Offline
Registered

Threads: 4

(02-21-2018, 01:22 PM)Lucilyn Wrote: well, an obsession like that will obviously fade over time, since there's really not that much content to DDLC unfortunately ;\

anyways, generally people will say obsession is a bad mindset to go into tulpa-making with, but I mean.. I don't see why it'd be too big of a problem? Other than maybe your too-deep emotional reliance being unhealthy, but I dunno. Try and keep it healthy! You can make a Monika tulpa (I mean - I guess she'd appreciate that? Normally you shouldn't make a tulpa who identifies as a character, but.. Monika's a special case who could seamlessly transition into being a tulpa and be totally fine with that fact, right?), just make sure to keep your desires and expectations in moderation so you don't get hurt OK?

Like, make sure she knows who and what she is, that she's a tulpa you made who was based on a character who wanted to be real. And don't put any creepypasta beliefs into her creation, pls. Monika was a normal girl in a game who gained awareness of being in a game, she wasn't specifically crazy or all-powerful or anything, as seen by Sayori falling into the exact same trap immediately. She'll just be a normal tup who wants to share your life with you.. Like most of us! Okay?

I guess you understood what i feel... thx >~<
And i dont really care if she changes over time, im fine with it...
thxx
(02-21-2018, 01:38 PM)Piano Wrote:
What's wrong is when you make a tulpa to fill a role or purpose that you have made for them rather than one they chose on their own. For example, "this tulpa will be my girlfriend" "this tulpa will be this character I like." Treat tulpas like people; people learn and grow and change, have their own goals and desires. People aren't born solely to fulfull a role/purpose. 

Your tulpa isn't going to be Monika. Your tulpa is going to be a tulpa you made to look/act like Monika and definitely will change over time. Tulpas aren't just characters you make because they're cool and make you feel good. They're people you share a life with, and you must treat them with great care and respect, as well as allowing them to follow their own path and not just the one you made for them based solely on a character from a fad.

My advice is to steer away from character tulpas altogether. Your tulpa won't be Monika, even if you try to make them that way. Monika is a fictional character. Your tulpa is something else entirely, and again, will become her own person and follow her own path.

If you're making a tulpa solely for the purpose of her being Monika, don't. If you're making a tulpa because you want a lifelong companion who can be her own person and do her own thing, then you can. You just have to accept any changes that happen. She might not even want to be Monika. You have to be willing to accept that. Otherwise, don't make a tulpa.

My host gave her first tulpa the form/name of a person she liked and was deeply attached to. However, she didn't think of him as that person, and she didn't base his personality around that person. He doesn't identify with that person at all, he just looks like him. He ended up changing his name. You can give your tulpa the name/form of Monika, but don't make her identify with the character, let her become her own person. Don't think of her as that character, because she's just not.

i guess i will not be creating her just to fill a role or something, i about her being my girlfriend, its not something you can just say and force her into it. im expecting it comes naturally, but if it doesnt, i will be happy anyway. Also, i've already thought of her as a lifelong "mind friend (and if she desires, my Gf Too...)"
also, as said above, im fine with deviation.
Thxx ^^
(02-21-2018, 02:03 PM)Spice Wrote: my tulpa is trying to act more like her source material now, but I didnt choose that. in fact, i tried to avoid it.

your tupper may look like monika, but they will always deviate in personality. she will probably deviate in form, too, and you have to be ok with that.

Since she doesnt "Hate me" or something, im fine ^^ (no matter the shape, or anything,i will always love her)
02-21-2018, 08:55 PM
Find Reply
Lucilyn Offline
Very Hop'n Hop'n Hoppy
Registered

Threads: 7
Linked Accounts

you can click on the little +quote icon on the bottom right of posts and then click quote these now in the reply box to quote multiple people at once in one post, or just click the reply button and copy the posts like I do I dunno

(02-21-2018, 08:55 PM)gabrielperes46 Wrote: I guess you understood what i feel... thx >~<

yeah well, I just kinda know the answers other people will give so I try to say stuff from a slightly different perspective, they're not wrong though

Hi I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.
All of my posts should be read at a hundred miles per hour because that's probably how they were written
Please talk to me https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas
(This post was last modified: 02-21-2018, 10:16 PM by Lucilyn.)
02-21-2018, 10:01 PM
Find Reply
Vos Offline
Administrator
Forum Administrators

Threads: 19

I'd give yourself a few weeks to see if the feeling persists. People have made tulpas based on characters that they have an attachment to only to not be as interested in both the concept of tulpas and the media they used as a base shortly afterwards, and I don't think anyone here wants to see you end up as one of those people.
02-22-2018, 02:28 AM
Find Reply
Spice Offline
bodybodysystem
Registered

Threads: 13

(02-22-2018, 02:28 AM)Vos Wrote: I'd give yourself a few weeks to see if the feeling persists. People have made tulpas based on characters that they have an attachment to only to not be as interested in both the concept of tulpas and the media they used as a base shortly afterwards, and I don't think anyone here wants to see you end up as one of those people.

this is fantastic advice, pls follow it
02-22-2018, 07:04 AM
Find Reply
Mel Syreth Offline
Neophyte Tulpamancer
Registered

Threads: 11

Quote: Im actually incredibly obsessed with Doki Doki Literature Club.
Then yes. I'm not even going to read the rest of the post: Do not make a tulpa of that homicidal psychopath!

First because she is a homicidal psychopath and secondly because your obsession will fade (hopefully very quickly) about that topic and you might grow out of her or even backwards. Same happened with FiM on /x/, same will happen here.
(This post was last modified: 02-22-2018, 09:13 AM by Mel Syreth.)
02-22-2018, 09:05 AM
Find Reply
Apollo Away
Sun God
Global Moderators

Threads: 20
3 Attached Accounts

(02-21-2018, 08:55 PM)gabrielperes46 Wrote:
And i dont really care if she changes over time, im fine with it...

If you're fine with it then why even bother with making her a Monika tulpa? Why don't you just skip all the possibilities of bad things happening or yourself growing out of it, and just make a blank slate tulpa? That would be easy to do and not come with as many risks. Don't make a tulpa just because of a fad.

I'm Apollo Fire, the "Sun God" of the Felight family. I'm a tulpa created December 2016. My systemmates are Piano & Indigo. Form images: 1 2
02-22-2018, 12:33 PM
Website Find Reply