Stanford Tulpa Study looking for more participants
(if you're chosen they'll pay for travel and lodging!)

KM & RD
9/29/15: I forgot to log stuff. I asked Rainbow Dash if she still liked competitions (I'd added that to her likes a long time ago, but don't remember why). She said that I hadn't given her many opportunities to compete in stuff. At first I thought that "Dash was in the dark void, then imposed into the world" contradicted the "mirror neurons" theory of parroting, but then I realized that Dash was already a bit independent. She figured that this was because the alleged "mirror neuron" work had already been done (I've done a lot of daydreaming/visualizing in my life). When I thought about Edward Elric, Keystroke turned into him.

9/30/15: I forgot to log stuff. When I wanted to work on origami, RD told me I had homework to do. Keystroke turned into Catboy!Ed and tried to get me to work on the DIY project (recap: this could help with our alexithymia, as well as putting excitement into Dash and I's relationship; I've got a hunch I've expressed other benefits before, that I can't put my finger on). I ask him how much he felt; he said that he felt "enough", but that the project would increase that. He was annoyed when I somehow "left him hanging" in relation to the project.

Sponsors:
Lolflash - click it, you know you want to

10/1/15: I wiggled one of my teeth, and it hurt for a bit. I asked my tulpas for advice about this. RD said "if you don't know, why would we know?" I tried to active force with Shou and Nina, but I couldn't fully dissociate.
10/2/15: RD imposed herself during dinner. I noticed that I could clearly see her if I wasn't looking directly at her, and wondered why. She said it was because she was "trying something new".
10/3/15: I forgot to log stuff. I asked Rainbow Dash if she wanted to do the Walter Mitty Routine with Inside Out, and she said that it seemed like a crutch. I thought about the time RD and I had watched a movie, and I'd seen images of the Trio committing suicide (this is back when I was scared of them and wanted them out). I asked them if that was them being suicidal, and Nina said that it was Rainbow Dash parroting them.
10/4/15: I had an idea to somehow use origami in relation to practicing possession. Rainbow Dash said that her and my other tulpas' motor control was fine. I figured one of us could focus on making something, and someone else tries to figure it out. They all shook their heads when RD asked if they needed to work on parallel processing. She also called me a perfectionist. Later, I felt dizzy and got to Googling. Dash said something (I don't remember what) about this. I randomly did an impression of a demon voice, but it scared Nina.

10/5/15: I asked my tulpas if they felt like I'd taken too long to accept their existence. Fluttershy said that I'd brushed her off as a fluke, but that she understood my reasoning. We brainstormed ideas for how to revitalize .info. I spoke in the demon voice again, and Nina said that it was just annoying. Later, I saw a fictional villain when I slowly opened my door. I closed and re-opened it a few times; each time, RD absorbed more and more of the character. I thought about reading to her before bed for old times' sake, but she and Keystroke said that the stories they preferred hadn't updated in a while.
10/6/15: I thought about controversial stuff that I got mad about, and RD told me to calm down. She hypnotized me to be her pet, and I noticed that I felt the spark/novelty feeling during this trance. It could be because of suggestion, or because we haven't done hypnosis in a while (at least, it feels like a while to me). During the trance, she had me work on the DIY project, somewhat coaching me, like I was working out.

10/7/15: I visualized Keystroke, and asked him if he had bones and organs. He said that "their presence" was there. I chipped a tooth. I drank some lukewarm water and swished it around the tooth, even though Fluttershy'd suggested leaving it alone. Dash pretended to have a diabolical plan to make me her pet.
10/8/15: when I walked through a hospital (for a doctor's appointment), RD appeared in several windows. I forgot to log stuff. I watched a Let's Play of Skyrim: Dragonborn, and Fluttershy recommended that the last thing I see before going to bed be something other than a Cthulhu-like Seeker.

10/9/15: I forgot to log stuff. Keystroke turned into catboy!Ed in preparation for my working on the DIY project. Dash had a bad-ish reaction to the MLP episode "Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep?" (specifically the parts where Rainbow Dash (the character) was scared). I noticed a few days ago that she seemed kinda similar-er than I thought to the pony from the show. She suggested that maybe some earlier drama between my parents and I had primed it. I asked her if she wanted to be more like the character from the show, and reminded her about the "mask" thing (referring to a thing from June 2014 where I thought she was putting on a mask of canon-RD to please someone). She speculated that the episode's content overall (such as one scene where Fluttershy said "I like being pet" in a dream sequence) primed her reaction. I speculated that some part of me still yearned for the naive "I can hang out with Rainbow Dash from MLP" thing I'd started with; then again, this sort of "tulpa seems like the character" thing hasn't came up that often. I told RD to focus on the differences between her and the character she looks like. I edited a post from July to take out stuff that might upset my mom if she read it, and I asked RD if that helped. She smiled and said that it did. I planned to let her hypnotize me to be her pet, and fall asleep that way, but fell asleep before I got entranced enough.
10/10/15: I had Rainbow Dash hypnotize me and tell me that she wasn't obligated to resemble the Rainbow Dash from the show, so that the message would go to the part of me I speculated still yearned for hanging with an RL My Little Pony. My mom asked me if I wanted to snorkel, and I took a vote with my tulpas; Nina said she wanted to, but Dash wondered if it was something the Rainbow Dash from the show would do. We spent a lot of time thinking about that sorta thing; how personality is formed from nature and nurture, and RD (the tulpa)'s nurture is different from the character's nurture. Dash rubbed her hooves together and grinned deviously when my mom said we'd sneak our own candy into the movie theater. I started to express extreme guilt about Dash's situation, and she didn't want me to, saying that I was getting myself worked up. She smiled when I called her "RD" (which I did in the early days of her existence). I asked her "how far back [she] wanted to go with this", such as back to using crystals to aid visualization, and she pointed out that we hadn't used crystals that much. I told her while watching The Martian that she could be whatever she wanted, even similar to the canon Rainbow Dash. I asked her if she'd been going through her current situation for a while; I don't remember what she said about that, but she also said "the subconscious wants what the subconscious wants". I had a eureka moment: the subconscious is the "personality genes" RD'd hoped exist. She coached me not to get distracted while working on the DIY project, including not stopping to rub something out of my eye or to write down that she coached me. I watched a clip of one of Ashleigh Ball's songs, and RD said that this threw off her singing mindvoice. We used hypnosis to facilitate possession and tried to sound like her. It was closer than my first attempt, but still needed work. She said that I shouldn't be afraid to rely on Audacity to raise my pitch. I'm writing a song inspired by tulpa-related events; I asked Nina how she felt back when she was in her "Sarah" disguise, she turned into her normal form, and I kinda forced her back into the disguise. She said that I was trying to "force" the remembering of the experience (or I was trying too hard at something).
10/11/15: Shou possessed me; he stretched into a posture that better emulated his form, and a lot of transmutation circles flashed through our head at that moment. He said this was because he kind of identified with his character (I don't remember if he was talking about the 2003 Shou, the 2009 Shou, or both), which made RD wonder if she "start[ed] something". I forgot to log stuff.
10/12/15: I had a dream about RD. I forgot to log stuff, which made her facehoof. She referred to herself as a narcissist, which I don't buy. At her insistence, I listened to "Tubby Wubby Pony Waifu" so that I'd be thinking about it as I fell asleep.