Latent tulpa and dreaming

Levy

I have neglected tulpaforcing for a while now, thinking I wasn't making any progressed. But last night I had a couple interesting dreams. In the first dream, I was arguing with an "NPC" in my dream, which I cannot recall ever happening to me before. Later that night, I also started teasing another "NPC" in my dream and for some reason I called that "NPC" Solaris.

Now, let me explain a bit of how I was forcing. I would meditate in my bed right before bed and force personality traits into a ball in my mind that I later gave a vague form. I wanted my tulpa to help build itself as well, so I left its name blank. I wanted it to name itself. Is this unique dream experience and the sudden name from no where my latent tulpa trying to reach out to me and communicate? How should I proceed from here, since I've been neglecting forcing for some time and have had my interest rekindled by this?

Dream characters or "NPC" usually represent aspects of our subconscious mind. In this case I would say that it is most certainly your tulpa reaching out to you, trying to get a message to you, you stubborn person, you.

I see that you let doubt get the best of you, that's not good for your tulpa, or for you. If you really want a tulpa you REALLY need to just let go of your doubt and preconceptions.

As for rekindling this? Start forcing again, its as simple as that. Force some more personality, work on the tulpas form, do some narration. Do anything, do something tonight.

I don't like calling her 'my' tulpa, I don't own her. She is the tulpa that lives with me in our body.

At a glance of your situation, it depends, because when you were giving a generalization of how you forced, you usually allowed them to name themselves, but you went ahead and named this dream character (or NPC in your case).

Is this unique dream experience and the sudden name from no where my latent tulpa trying to reach out to me and communicate?

Short answer: this could be the case, and it’s probable for dream character to be potential tulpas in waking life.

When I first met Eva in dreams, I didn’t know much about tulpas back then, but I was open-minded of the concept of dream guides, or dream characters that can offer vicarious insight to you. She tried to reach out to me through a letter (which I have yet to ask her why she did this, and I didn’t ask within my dreams of the case as well), and she named herself Margaret, but I went ahead and called her Eva when I found out about tulpas a few years after (I think I had the dream sometime around 2011 to early 2012).

I considered it a unique dream experience at the time because unlike other dream characters, she was more direct and straightforward, giving me a laconic response that she would be my guide, and disappeared (which prompted me to go on a failed quest of finding her before I knew about tulpas). I admired the character she seemed to derive herself from, but not to the point where I only wanted to be with her in some crazy fantasy, because those never really work out either way for me.

I even created Ada because I thought a few dream experiences with her were unique, so for a personal experiential case, there you go.

How should I proceed from here, since I've been neglecting forcing for some time and have had my interest rekindled by this?

Just like how you were able to engage with them in your dreams, remember the emotions, and consider it a memorable and unique experience in the dreaming state, you just reinforce their existence there, and apply it in waking life. You conceptualize the idea of them, and go through whatever methods of going through the mannerisms and behaviors to be consistent with certain beliefs pertaining to their existence being real in your perception, i.e., self-fulfilling prophecy with treating them as sentient entities, and knowing they’ll need time to develop.

Now that you have your interest reconciled again, maybe try to remember what worked best for you before you gave up on forcing, and glance over any guide submissions to get the underlying concepts back to you again, like a refresher I guess.

Pssst, if you want somewhere to start that could allow you to experience dream-like qualities while still awake (and maybe imagine your tulpa better), you could try image streaming guides found here or one here.

but you went ahead and named this dream character (or NPC in your case).

I didn't actually name her, though. It was like, I just knew her name. It wasn't a conscious choice, is what I am getting at.