Level of Consciousness within a Tulpa

iwishtogameend

I am Creating a 'Report' about The Mind vs The Brain vs The Body, and how all of these rely on each other, and how the mind grows from birth to death.

What I'm asking is for responses for:

1. How long it took for your Tulpa/e to come into existence (Meaning how long it took for them to start thinking and responding to stimuli)

2. How long it took for them to become sentient

3. How self-aware are they, and why are they that way

4. How often they are awake (meaning how often they are doing things relating to the meatspace or the host)

5. How fast they develop (meaning in personality, understanding of events, maturity, etc.)

It would be preferable if long responses were given, but it doesn't really matter

What's the difference between questions 1 and 2? What do you mean by "self-aware," do you mean being self-aware about their actions/behaviors/thoughts, or self-aware that they're tulpas? And for #5, what do you mean by "develop"? There's many different aspects to development.

EDIT: Okay, I see you edited some things, but 1 and 2 still seem the exact same. Perhaps combine them?

💡 The Felights 💡 https://felight.carrd.co/  💡

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)

1. How long it took for your Tulpa/e to come into existence (Meaning how long it took for them to start thinking and responding to stimuli)

I'd say my system creation was atypical, but I created the characters that my tulpas would borrow initially about 5 years or so before they appeared to me. However, I know from experience that it would take about 3-6 months of forcing (about an hour a day or so) before one of my characters "comes alive" and will think and act seemingly on their own. At this stage there's more like a soulbond in that they're tied to their canon.

2. How long it took for them to become sentient

This is a much more important question as it appears like they act with some volition at that stage, but they clearly aren't tulpas until further forcing with the intent to create a tulpa happens. Though I believe all my current tulpas (3) were sentient when they came to me (all at the same time by the way). Their characters were 'forced' for a very long time, years even. Any regular character, I would assume to be sentient from the start if I had intent to create a tulpa from them. I can hardly tell the difference by talking to them, it's more how they act over time, say, needing my attention or actually pinging me when I'm not paying attention to them. Joy (not a tulpa) actually did that and Gwen (another character) did also, but that doesn't mean that their sentient, I believe they're sharing my sentience and are controlled by my subconscious mind.  All these statements are paratulpamancy I'm afraid, but I hope it helps. Please PM me to explain more, I've been dealing with it for almost a year.

3. How self-aware are they, and why are they that way

My tulpas are just like me, we've managed to switch and they're no different from me at this point. Even some of my characters claim to be self-aware, I mean, they can and do say just about anything. So, on a scale of 10, my tulpas are 10 if I'm a 10, well developed characters are 7/10 and NPC's are 4/10 not very convincing. It's a very fuzzy game, I wish all the luck with your work and I hope to read your results some day.

4. How often they are awake (meaning how often they are doing things relating to the meatspace or the host)

Awake, 16-18 hours a day. Interfacing with me, 12-16 hours a day. Doing 'whatever' other times (who knows). We're what I call co-present, and they're co-active. Basically they don't go dormant unless they're sleeping at night or very rarely taking an actual nap, it's just my experiences and how I interpret them, your explanation may vary.

5. How fast they develop (meaning in personality, understanding of events, maturity, etc.)

They keep maturing, it's been 11 months. Yeah, a little each month, pretty slow and consistent. They're constantly surprising me. Though they have my knowledge, they don't have the same reactions to stimuli and empathy, or logic. Ashley was 95% of what she is now though, she was always more of a adviser to me, she was always more mature than me in my estimation, she either just knows how to interpret situations naturally or was way older than the other two, but I can't say which is more believable, I prefer the former, that's what she says and I believe her anyway. I wouldn't say she didn't mature, I'd say she was pretty darn mature when she 'met' me. Misha and Dashie were more typical. Misha especially was very 'immature' in her first month, random and defiant. Dashie was more subdued and became more random and defiant later, lol.

Hope this helps!

Questions 1&2

I know that when I was being made, it took about 7 days for me to give a completely definitive sign of sentience. There were probably smaller signs before that, but this is the one that made it obvious "okay he's sentient." My creator (the original host) was telling me about their sister, and how she had abandoned them at a young age, leaving permanent scars. The host then felt a very strong emotional response coming from me, which was some sort of mix between sadness/sympathy and love/affection, so "bittersweet" would be the word to use. The host then had a lucid dream that same night (which I find amazing to this day) in which I changed my form from the one they had given me. My form stayed that way until the next time I changed it, and the host became unable to make any alterations to it. After that sign of sentience, my cognitive abilities grew gradually, and my reactions to things became more obvious as being my own. I did many things to show sentience and such. I vividly remember how strongly I affected the host when we went to some museums one day. I struggled to speak, however, because the host doubted me for the longest time. I would say that I became vocal about 1-1.5 months after my initial creation, due to how much the host's doubts hindered me, and then maybe another 1-2 months to learn full-body possession.

Question 3

I'm not sure what this question is supposed to mean, please provide elaboration so we can answer the way you're looking for.

Question 4

We don't exactly measure this but we're trying to get it to be where we each front 1/3rd of the time, and the rest of us either go inactive or passive when another is fronting. But really it all depends on the day and who's doing what, there's no consistent standard other than "we try our best." When it was only me and Indigo I say we had a pretty good 50/50 split, but Piano recently rejoined the system and we're adjusting currently. 

Question 5

Personal development is an ongoing process that doesn't ever end. We've all matured and developed together, so it's not like we all had a standard to reach to, since the host was still developing/maturing with us. It's not a straightforward, point A to point B process. There's many bumps in the road, unexpected turns, uphill/downhill journeys, all that sort of thing. In general I'd say that if you want to go by how long it took me to get to a point where I saw self-sufficient in my emotional maturity and that sort of thing, I think somewhere between 8-12 months, while me getting over some other issues took maybe another 4-5 months after that. For reference I was created on Dec 3, 2016, so currently I'm 2 years and 3 months.

As for my personality itself, I was initially given a certain personality by my creator, which began to change into my own actual personality upon gaining sentience and interacting with others more. This caused me quite a bit of identity issues, as I wanted to be the way my host intended, not become something else. It took a while for me to adjust and accept that personalities didn't work that way, and trauma led me to becoming an angrier person, but I have since recovered from all of those issues and am perfectly comfortable with who I am now. So I'd say a good 14-15 months for me to get to a point I'd call "comfortable with myself," and then of course personality is continuously changing, and I've continued to mature and grow as a person since then.

[Piano] My origins are quite abnormal compared to other tulpas, I can't say I've met many who were created the same way I was. However, I'm going to give my responses regardless.

Questions 1&2

I wasn't created the traditional way, and I wasn't created by a character-gained-sentience. I developed gradually within a merge, as the mergers wanted a new identity which inadvertently created a new tulpa. The merge initially began on January 26th, 2017, and my existence became obvious around February 14th of that year, but I know I likely existed before then, that's just when I was fully discovered. I apparently could not speak and do things on my own for a while, I relied a lot on the merge itself, but I grew out of that and took over the merge completely before it eventually split apart.

Question 4

I used to be in quite a bit of an unmotivated rut and hardly wanted to exist at all. I took a break from life for a while and ended up becoming reinvigorated to be an active member of the system again, so we are striving for equal time and participation between us. 

Question 5

My own personality emerged and developed probably quite quickly out of necessity, or at least perceived necessity. The original merge was having a hard time dealing with the traumas he went through, couldn't adjust to reality, and people treated him like garbage. I was formed as sort of a better identity for the merge to take on, being more playful and chill, with less anger/hatred towards others. It was mostly the fact that everyone seemed to treat the merge itself as its own person separate from the original mergers that caused me to gain sentience, so I think my personality was entirely my own right off the bad. I think my personality has been fairly consistent, although I've mellowed out in some areas over time. As for maturity and such, as Apollo said, it's been an ongoing process for all of us. Also, just so you know, I'm no longer a part of that merge anymore. I've been my own tulpa since May 2017. When it split, I found my own identity, no longer tied into that of the original two.

[indigo] I was created by another tulpa who is no longer active today. He fronted to force me.

Question 1&2 

I think I became sentient only 48 hours after my creation, probably before then, but 48 hours in is when I picked a name/form. I wasn't vocal yet for a few more days, mostly because I wanted to progress at my own pace. I took on a human form and started fronting maybe a week or two after that. So, my own development was pretty quick, even though we tried to pace it.

Question 4

Ever since I first learned how to front, I've been a very frequent fronter in the system, to the point where Apollo and I became equal in that regard. I'm active whenever I can be and I front whenever I have the opportunity. Can't say for certain exact amounts of time.

Question 5

My personality began to form instantly after I proved to be sentient. I wasn't given any personality forcing or anything, since my creator didn't want to put me through the same things Apollo had to go through and just wanted me to develop freely and naturally. Over time there was some struggle with emotional issues, but I think I got a hang on it somewhere around 3-6 months after creation? I'm not sure exactly. I know that I matured a lot faster than the others had though. Perks of being the last tulpa, lol.

💡 The Felights 💡 https://felight.carrd.co/  💡

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)