Hello There, Guest! Register

Lumi's Dreaming Thread; Dreams of Moon
Luminesce Offline
loves the moon
Registered

Threads: 12
4 Attached Accounts

RE: Lumi's Dreaming Thread; Dreams of Moon

Logic doesn't work so well during dreams. The brain specifically makes sure to disable memory of your context to waking life and ability to recognize things as impossible so that it can run through whatever scenarios it feels like unimpeded. For recognizing you're dreaming once the opportunity's arisen, reality checking when the subject of dreaming or lucidity comes up is great. Do it in real life (especially when it's obvious you're not dreaming, because in actual dreams... yeah) consistently and it'll become a habit in dreams too.

As for recognizing that your mind is being ridiculous though, I don't know exactly what to tell you there. You sort of can't. The only way I know of is looking for "dream signs", things or events that often show up in your dreams, and associating them in waking life with reality checking/knowing you're dreaming. Like if you always see aliens or something like that while dreaming. For me, there are almost no things that show up that consistently to work with the concept, but hey, just giving the advice I know of.

I'm personally dealing with always having a sort of background "knowing" that I'm dreaming but that seemingly being unrelated to lucid dreaming. All the time I have dreams where I influence the dream semi-consciously (not just "I hope that so-and-so doesn't happen!", more like "I really don't want that thing to happen, so don't") and sometimes my brain's fake dream context (like "Oh right, so-and-so memory happened" (it didn't really, that was just made up now)) goes more like "That happens later", which itself can sometimes be more "That could happen later in the dream" with a sort of feeling that the dream has already happened (it hasn't), and the dream really doesn't ever make it that far anyway.

So yeah, consider looking up some tricks on Dreamviews I suppose. Most of what I know I either learned from extensive reading on Dreamviews years ago or just sort of figured out/know through my own logical extrapolations from what I already know. Oh, and I guess "All Day Awareness" is considered the biggest and toughest way of dealing with not being conscious enough in dreams, but I can't say from our own experiences that it's worked for us.. But most things have worked for someone.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.
Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.
My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us stuff.
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2019, 11:29 PM by Luminesce.)
06-03-2019, 11:27 PM
Find Reply

Sponsors:
Lolflash - click it, you know you want to

Angry Bear Offline
Spirit Bear
Patron

Threads: 15
Linked Accounts

Number of lucid dreams where you hug at least one tulpa

Σ √(dream(t) + lucid/tulpas)*hugs(t)+(n-1)≥ 1
As t approaches infinity
Where n=# of universes you believe exist.

Man, you're only making it harder on yourself if n=1.

[The Bear System] - [Bear Chat] - [Chat] - [Visualization Practice] - [Draw] - [Art]
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2019, 11:52 PM by Angry Bear.)
06-03-2019, 11:48 PM
Find Reply
Smearglestar Offline
Registered

Threads: 1
Linked Accounts

If this equation is always true then the easiest way to increase the number of lucid dreams that you have is to believe in less universes, since that would mean that the amount of lucid dreams would have to make up the difference to remain at ≥1. You need to start believing that -∞ universes exist lumi

Hi I am Miela, the counterpart to Breloomancer.

"Is it pretentious to quote yourself?"
-Me
06-04-2019, 12:24 AM
Find Reply
Luminesce Offline
loves the moon
Registered

Threads: 12
4 Attached Accounts

It's fine, I don't even believe in the equation. All I believe is that I won't stop trying to lucid dream until I succeed.

... I'd also be continuing to try after that, but that doesn't sound as good.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.
Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.
My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us stuff.
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2019, 12:27 AM by Luminesce.)
06-04-2019, 12:27 AM
Find Reply
Angry Bear Offline
Spirit Bear
Patron

Threads: 15
Linked Accounts

I thought you were going to stop trying until you succeed.

Also, the relationship is true 'as t approaches infinity' which means that if n in small, t would supposedly be larger, but those are functions of t so you wouldn't necessarily know that by looking at the relation. (It's a relation btw, an equation has an equal sign only.)

Also, you don't have to believe in it for it to be true, also it's unprovable because you don't know the functions, i assure you they're complex and empirical.

[The Bear System] - [Bear Chat] - [Chat] - [Visualization Practice] - [Draw] - [Art]
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2019, 01:33 AM by Angry Bear.)
06-04-2019, 01:27 AM
Find Reply