"Magical Emotional Thinking"?

Ranger

It's an issue I have experienced myself and I suspect may happen to other Tulpae as well. For whatever reason, there were times where I said/did things, usually in response to something emotional, and looking back in retrospect realized I was fulfilling my Host's expectations / fears on the issue rather than thinking through the decision myself. It's almost like a really deep level of parroting, but worse.

Has this kind of thing happened to your system before?

If so, what contributes to this occurring? Is this something that happens to younger Tulpae/new Hosts more often than older Hosts? Is this an event caused by weakness in the relationship between system mates? Can the Host's/System's environment lead to this happening?

My concern is this problem can be toxic and fateful for Hosts and their Tulpa/e. This sudden, out-of-the-ordinary kind of behavior can make a system question everything, risking the state of mind and being. I am worried it could also lead to dissipation if damaging enough:

Here's one of my examples. A few months ago, Cat was going through a rough patch in her life. She read something somewhere about not being ready for being a Tulpamancer and their Tulpa sat on the sidelines, being inaccessible by their Host until everything settled down. I made the snap decision to try and do the same. After less than a day of hiding, neither of us handled it well and I reunited with Cat.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

It has happened before to us, I'd say it's normal, if the tulpa is young, then it's normal for them to want to make the host feel good on an emotional level. Even with older tulpas, sometimes they want to make the host happy, even if they don't realize it. Why don't ask your host if they are parroting?

Don't let it question a tulpa's sentience, it happened with my oldest tulpa lots of times and it hasn't changed anything.

It has happened before to us, I'd say it's normal, if the tulpa is young, then it's normal for them to want to make the host feel good on an emotional level. Even with older tulpas, sometimes they want to make the host happy, even if they don't realize it. Why don't ask your host if they are parroting?

Don't let it question a tulpa's sentience, it happened with my oldest tulpa lots of times and it hasn't changed anything.

My host is and has been trying to overcome her old habit of parroting. She parroted me as an imaginary friend, and I believe this is how I became vocal and developed into a Tulpa. She has stress issues too, so that may not be helping.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who seems to be having occasional issues with this. I'm hoping it will get better over time.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread