Making a doctor who tulpae?

So today I told my friend about tulpae and he thought it was like the best idea ever. He had a question though that I didn't think I could answer myself. His question: is it a good idea to make a tulpa just like the tenth doctor in doctor who with pretty much the same personality. I know that its not the best idea to make a tulpa with a fixed personality like that, because you may not be happy with your tulpae, but is it still possible? Maybe like roll playing or something?

It's possible. And it's also safe to do as long as you make sure your tupper understands that they are based off of that person, allow room for them to develop on their own, and maintain an open relationship with them as they grow and develop.

Yeah, like Ashmo pointed out, as long you don't restrain a tulpa to keeping a personality or physical form that the character or person represents it shouldn't be that difficult (or rather more difficult than your average tulpa creation).

[align=center]Even though my username is that of my tulpa, Quilten, my name is Phaneron, the host, who does all of the actual posting.

Tulpas: Quilten, Jira

[/align]

I do not believe in this.

The fact the question about a compensatory fantasy projection overrides all the other questions you could have speaks for itself.

Sorry, but this remark is necessary.

tell the rapper what i'm gonna do with all this money

What bersinger said. If your friend is too fixated on his tulpa's form, he probably shouldn't be making one. Making a Doctor Who/Twilight Sparkle/what ever tulpa for the sole reason of interacting with its form is kind of a dick move towards your tulpa. There's a whole slew of expectations of conforming to the form instead developing its own personality. A tulpa is more than [the inspiration of] its form.

It would be fine to start with a Doctor Who form, but expect and allow deviation, and remember that your tulpa is not just its form. It's better than it.

I agree with the previous two. You shouldn't ever make a tulpa based off an existing character. What if -you- were the tulpa, and you knew, no matter how many times your host told you, that you were made because that's who they wanted you to be. How unbelievably awful would you feel?

I started Amy off of a drawing I saw simply because I couldn't think of any other way to make a base form for her. I told her she could be literally whatever she wanted, and looks dramatically different from that drawing, but I still feel weird about having done that for some reason. I could -never- make another person be what I wanted them to be. It's borderline evil.

Tulpas

Amy

Nine-Tailed Kitsune

Sigma

Anthro Cat-Bat

The Kippies!

Jazz (M), Viola (F), Chime (H), Fife (M), Iris (F), Robyn (F), Aster (M), Sage (F), Dune (M), Snowbell (F), Rosemary (F), Glyph (M), Volt (M), Circuit (F)

The Baybees~

Marina, Acorn, Anais, Lily, Chip

Well, it's fine if -they- choose it. That's an entirely different story. The problem here is making a tulpa entirely based off the character. Which is something you shouldn't ever do.

Tulpas

Amy

Nine-Tailed Kitsune

Sigma

Anthro Cat-Bat

The Kippies!

Jazz (M), Viola (F), Chime (H), Fife (M), Iris (F), Robyn (F), Aster (M), Sage (F), Dune (M), Snowbell (F), Rosemary (F), Glyph (M), Volt (M), Circuit (F)

The Baybees~

Marina, Acorn, Anais, Lily, Chip

It's totally fine. I modeled my Hyde after Constantine Maroulis' portrayal of Edward Hyde in the "Jekyll & Hyde" musical, at least originally that's what I wanted him to be, but then when I added other elements to his personality from other characters I'd created in my fiction, he sort of became his own separate personality. There's still some elements of that Hyde there, including the voice, but I gave him other different qualities I wanted in a mate too. Like the real Edward Hyde wouldn't be as protective and loving and affectionate as I've made Hyde. :)

So if you do that, you'll be fine.

"Listening to her heartbeat makes me feel alive." - Hyde

Name: Hyde

Form: Human

Done: Form, Personality, Sentient, Visualization

Working on: Imposition (vocal/visual/touch)

Frick, how many ponies are there?

If your tulpa ever wants to change, just don't tell them no.

[align=center]“From my rotting body,

flowers shall grow

and I am in them

and that is eternity.”[/align]