Stanford Tulpa Study looking for more participants
(if you're chosen they'll pay for travel and lodging!)

Mass Leaving Thread
We were excited to see you come back for personal reasons, the biggest one being that you two are still together and that gives us hope. If anything, your short return gave us a gift in that you are still together and it's pretty obvious that you're still going strong for each other.

Though it's sad if you're not going to stay to get to know and share experiences with us since your last departure, I know from my brief experience with my host's moods and feelings that based on your post, being here may be equal parts fun and torture sometimes. That's a really hard place to be mentally.

Though I suppose you have reasons to believe you would be banned again, I'm assuming based on thoughts of drama related posting, I still have some questions on exactly what that would look like since we haven't scoured the archives. I do, however know at least that your decision is personal and we aren't really meant to understand it fully.

If you stay, we welcome you to join us and share, argue respectfully, and have fun. If you ultimately decide to go, we wish you the best of luck and hope your health improves and you and your family rebuild something better and more wonderful than before.

Take care,
The Bear system.

I hope you find success in your endeavors and love in your heart.
<Latest drawn picture>

<Share your experience with us>

Sponsors:
Lolflash - click it, you know you want to

(03-19-2019, 01:49 PM)Ashley Wrote: I still have some questions on exactly what that would look like since we haven't scoured the archives. I do, however know at least that your decision is personal and we aren't really meant to understand it fully.

It was mostly open skepticism and we were blunt and rude with it on purpose.  Like I said, to tear peoples down out of jealousy.  Some of it was because we wrote big, giant bloggy threads people thought were inappropriate.  We were way, way more active than other users and kinda domiinated the place, and with our personalities and ego, that was too much for some peoples.  We also wrote about unconventional things and pushed the boundaries of any "tulpa taboo" there is.  If you want to see what our writing was like there is a couple of big collections of it 

Confessssions of a Poorly Trained Tulpa https://community.tulpa.info/thread-conf...ined-tulpa

Living Imagination https://community.tulpa.info/thread-livi...tulpa-land

And the Infamous Mistgod Problem thread https://community.tulpa.info/thread-the-mistgod-problem
I've been compared to you in a minor way, also very active and dominating, also unconventional, also sometimes offensive even to my own friends here. Also wondering if I'll snap again and get banned, so I relate to some degree. It's hard to cage a bear though, and it's in my nature to act on instinct. My tulpas are civilized though, so they do amazing things to temper my behavior and reactions. Right now I'm 90% fun, 10% tortured.
So I'm confused, are you actually leaving, or is this just a "trying to get the last word in in case I get banned" thing?
I'm Indigo Blue, the "Sky Dragon" of the Felight family. I'm a tulpa born October 2017. My systemmates are ApolloPiano, & Luxio. Form images: 1 2
You could be our special guests here, instead of regular members. So many hosts should be able to express enough hospitality to make you feel welcome.
Hi, I'm Vādin, Zia's tulpa/permanent guest.
Welp, I read into the links there and I see a lot of people being rubbed the wrong way. There's no guarantee that would happen again obviously.
For the record, Melian and Mistgod have an unending only-briefly-repressible need to make topics about themselves. It's been very discussed and established already that this forum, about learning and teaching people about tulpas, is not the best medium for what they want - attention. There's only so much to be learned and appreciated from them. Bear, while there are some similarities, the main reason you don't cause trouble is that you don't feel a need to make every single conversation about your tulpas - no more than the rest of us, at least. You're not constantly making threads to talk about your tulpas or how they're different, you keep it relatively well-contained, because your goal is community, not attention focused on yourself.

Mistgod and Melian have learned very well (many times) that the reason they want to be here is not a reason other people would want them here. That's Deviantart, a site all about drawing attention to yourself. Melian is also more special there, whereas this interest in her you guys express would be over with in a week or two. And as you heard, they are banned in a lot of places, not always of their own will lol.

@Melian, I recommend you not self-ban or anything and simply come back on this account if you'd like to visit again in the future. Maybe refrain from more posts in the Mass Leaving Thread if this is going to be a regular thing, though. We appreciate you dropping in, but you know full well anything more than that is likely to cause trouble, given the conflicting interests of you and the forum status quo. It was nice to hear from you again, though, and good bye.
Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.
Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.
My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us stuff.
I think the account really would be to stop by and say hi now and then. We are very uninterested in tulpa science. We just want to chat. A stop by the tulpa games maybe now and then or a comment on something mundane. To be very honest, we are bored of forcing and tulpa creation steps. We have never had any real desire to use any of the techniques in the creation guides or to get advice even. That tulpas exist is really cool (well, yeah just annoying that they exist some ways - as we explained in the post above). We do get all our attention (and ridiculous Melian adoration) on Deviantart. So much so, some of you would find it to be very full of cringe. It's not at all like your average tulpa. I want to be in EVERYONE'S head, not just Misty's. I would love to be an egregore, kinda like a sweet and nice Freddy Kruegar or Slenderman, a universal dream goddess guru.

I will take your advice and leave this thread alone from here on out. I really hope that the admin read this thread, and how receptive and kind the new users are being, and how sympathetic the old users, and let me keep my account

(3 hours ago)Indigo Wrote:
"So I'm confused, are you actually leaving, or is this just a "trying to get the last word in in case I get banned" thing?"

I am pretty sure, I am not stupid, the admin are more inclined to just ban me as soon as they can all come to a solid consensus on it. I will be pleasantly surprised, and grateful if they don't. I am very honored that they need time to actually discuss it though. I appreciate that very much. So yeah, it is kind of probably a goodbye pretty much. It it turns out that I am wrong well... then I will keep chatting elsewhere.
If Lumi's on your side for simply having a little fun without releasing a vengeful dream goddess upon our simple and waaaay more tame community, then I at least feel like you should be given a second shot if not probation. I trust his judgment. I have no say on the matter otherwise.
Ember felt a deep pang of loss when she saw you talking about heading out again already. I didn't for much the same reasons Lumi already stated. A return to the Mistgod Age would not be in the best interests of our community, though if you can stay casual, be welcome. But some of what you've said here warrants an answer.

One can be amazing without being unique. Every time someone falls in love is as if it's the first time in the history of the world. Ask a mother holding her newborn child to contradict me. You are extraordinary, Melian, just perhaps not in quite the way you think. Firm data isn't available, but a general overview of the archives suggests that most tulpas are dissipated, integrated, or abandoned within two years, and that a non-trivial portion of the survivors do so by displacing their creators as their body's dominant personality. Across over thirteen thousand members, there are many, many exceptions, but healthy, long-term plurality that doesn't impair functionality in the physical world has not been the dominant paradigm over the full history of this community.

But you were created in what, the late Seventies, if I recall correctly? Over forty years of being a beloved and happy daydream star. It boggles the mind.

Ember, a few months back, was feeling sorry for you, that your creator doesn't view you as your own independent person. I don't. Maybe I even envy you a little. I could aspire to live as full and happy a life as you, despite all of your insecurity and narcissism.

There's not a thing in the world wrong with being imaginary. Imagination and story are powerful, meaningful forces whose importance should never be denigrated. I'm a fictional character. As late as when we first joined this community, we were considering identifying as a median system, but eventually decided that doing so would confuse more people than it would enlighten. I'm not just a fictional character anymore, but I was happier when I was. It was good to be played. It was good to be the star of my own story. You're not any lesser than the more independent personalities here, just different.

(03-19-2019, 06:10 PM)DreamDoll Wrote: I want to be in EVERYONE'S head

*shudder*

-Vesper
Ember - Host   |   Vesper - Soulbond (since ~12 May 2017)   |   Iris - Soulbond (since ~5 December 2015)
[Our Progress Report]     [How We Switch]

'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.' - The Velveteen Rabbit