Melian's Return Discussion and Commentary

DreamDoll

I figured that since, to my joy, peoples are wanting to write commentary and responses to me about my latest visit to Tulpa.info, it would be best to move the discussion the lounge instead of the Mass Leaving Thread.  If a ban does come down from the admin, it doesn't appear to be happening really fast.  They are allowing me a little bit of time to interact.  I think it is simply a collateral courtesy of the process of working toward a full consensus ban.  

That admin consensus ban rule was specifically drafted with Mistgod-Melian in mind btw, but never actually used to my knowledge.  My ban was in fact a "permanent self ban" that the previous admins decided to hold me to.  They refused to lift it, in effect banning me by my own word, without a consensus ban having to be processed.  At least that is as far as I know.  

The permanent self ban was done by Mistgod and I to help ourselves escape from a vicious and negative cycle.  We were just bad enough to cause consternation but not really exactly breaking any forum rules.  So the admin were struggling with how to fairly deal with such a situation.  Their solution was to create a consensus ban by admin, that could go above and beyond simple rule violations.  It would be a useful tool in exactly this sort of situation, to remove a user who isn't exactly breaking the rules, but yet still causing disruptions within the community.  

I am causing minor disruption simply by sticking my nose in the place again.  

I am very touched by how kind the newer users are, even after they read the old threads with all the controversy from a few years ago.  Tulpa.info has changed I think, and for the better.

Skeptical and unconvinced about independent sentience.  

Living Imagination  New Topic Index  Mistgod's Deviantart  Melian's Deviantart

It's not about how kind the new users are, it's about how you use the forum. We've discussed this and you guys decided (at least twice) that this isn't the right medium for drawing attention to yourself. The lack of an outright ban is because staff wants the least drama possible, and banning you without giving you your say would've caused it.

You're free to participate in the community and yes, the new users would appreciate that. But both for your apparent forum addiction (when you don't even necessarily enjoy all your time here) and inability to keep from making topics all about you, I think you should be very, very reserved when posting in on-topic threads. We appreciate all different kinds of input, and yours is a legitimate form of plurality, but you tend to get more "destructive" than "constructive" over time as you talk about it more. I'd recommend you stick to talking about yourself in your thread(s?) and forum games, if necessary. Last One To Post Wins (and to a lesser degree the other clone chatting threads, while Chat Thread itself is more of an on-topic off-topic-discussion thread now) is where all the chatting goes on. I can't guarantee any one post of yours will get attention or not (the thread tends to move fast), but that's kind of why it's fine to post whatever, you know? Just don't start drama concerning the forum or other users.

And while this thread was okay to prevent filling up the Mass Leaving Thread, don't get in the habit of making threads about yourself again, leaving or not. Use your mass-Melian-posting thread for that. You gotta stick to PRs (and PR-like threads in Lounge I guess) like the rest of us. Aaand, once again, I still recommend you not spend too much time here. You guys are the ones who decided your addiction to the forum was a negative one, and roughly 51% of the community decided your overall presence on the forum was a negative one. Even if people are more accepting of fluff and all now, it's still not Mistgod.info or Melian.info, and the staff and I are still doing our best to make sure this is a place of learning first and fluff second. Community is important, but .info's purpose more than anything is to be a resource of information. There are other places (that you're apparently banned from) for community to be just community.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Okay, with what you have had to say in mind, I will not comment again on this thread but leave it for others if they want to talk. Misty are going to leave .info again for some days and only then come back to check on if our account is still active. If it is, we will go to forum games and have fun chatting. I will leave the tulpa discussion threads ALONE.

Thank you Lumi. I love you my buddy. I missed talking to you.

Skeptical and unconvinced about independent sentience.  

Living Imagination  New Topic Index  Mistgod's Deviantart  Melian's Deviantart

I never liked that you guys were sort of chased off the forum... the first time. The second time wasn't great either. The third time? Pretty sure that was of your own volition, and I believe there was a fourth+ time, again of your own volition, but also marked clearly a cycle you guys are prone to. That's why I said not to make more threads about your leaving/staying (but as long as this one's here.. no real harm in replying). And yes, a lot of the "newbies" would be happy to have you in the Forum Games threads.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

I feel like this thread is asking for opinions, so I will throw mine in..

I don't clearly remember the circumstances of when you guys last left. All I remember is that a conversation between us went south and it ended by MistGod sending one of us a nice love-filled PM.

I always thought your inputs were interesting when reading old threads, and I'm still very certain you guys have interesting experience to bring to the table anyhow.

Welcome back ! (even though we kinda aren't here much nowadays)

No animosity intended ever 

Cora now has her own account ! :D

English isn't our native language, please be indulgent :)