Mentors In Training?

Ranger

I have thought about becoming a mentor for a while now, but I don't feel ready for being a mentor yet. I have only been around for about a year and I still would like more time to study the Tulpa creation process because some parts of it I didn't experience first hand such as gaining vocality. Cat and I are still figuring out what our schedule looks like, and that needs to be straightened out too. I am also still new here and I would like to gain more experience before going forward as a mentor.

Is there any way to have a "mentor in training" status, recommendations on what guides are the most useful to people, and/or get mentorship advice?

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

Feel free to send me a private message with your questions/concerns about the mentorship program. Having a dedicated status for trainee mentors probably isn't necessary, but even if we did have some sort of role for it, there aren't any active mentors at the moment.

I have thought about becoming a mentor for a while now, but I don't feel ready for being a mentor yet. I have only been around for about a year and I still would like more time to study the Tulpa creation process because some parts of it I didn't experience first hand... 

Hi Ranger.

I posted in the mentor thread as "willing but with a caveat".  We are an older large multisystem plural. We had to learn how to turn OFF our people decanting engines, lol. So while occasionally we have very helpful insights for regular Tulpamancers courtesy of looking from the other direction? Probably best I stick to mentoring ones more like me if at all.

With that in mind:

If you find your self giving helpful advice in the forums to someone whose experiences and personalities mirror your own? You kinda are mentoring them. And being willing to make the effort learning what/where the available forum resources are is you self training to be a mentor.

Hi Ranger.

I posted in the mentor thread as "willing but with a caveat".  We are an older large multisystem plural. We had to learn how to turn OFF our people decanting engines, lol. So while occasionally we have very helpful insights for regular Tulpamancers courtesy of looking from the other direction? Probably best I stick to mentoring ones more like me if at all.

With that in mind:

If you find your self giving helpful advice in the forums to someone whose experiences and personalities mirror your own? You kinda are mentoring them. And being willing to make the effort learning what/where the available forum resources are is you self training to be a mentor.

Thank you for the insight!

I like the idea of helping systems that don't work exactly like mine because I think I will learn from them the most. Going into this, I know I won't be the best mentor for everyone, but maybe I can do something that they will find useful or at least reassuring.

I like giving advice when people post their experiences in their PR, but sometimes issues between a Tulpa and a host can sometimes make a system feel uncomfortable to share publicly. Plus, I also like the idea of meeting new people and I love the idea of giving personalized advice.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

Guest Reilyn-Alley

I had an anonymous person on Discord tell me they had tried working with a mentor here in the past and found the experience lacking. They claimed the mentor couldn't even be bothered to read their PR and that really rubbed them the wrong way for someone who "wanted to help". I dunno who they were talking about, but just one "bad review", I guess, to keep in mind.

Never liked the idea of getting advice from only one person. And with Discord being a thing now, that's easier than ever, "mentorship" sounds completely useless. It should just be a list of people willing to be PMed questions that're too private or personal to make a thread on.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

I had an anonymous person on Discord tell me they had tried working with a mentor here in the past and found the experience lacking. They claimed the mentor couldn't even be bothered to read their PR and that really rubbed them the wrong way for someone who "wanted to help". I dunno who they were talking about, but just one "bad review", I guess, to keep in mind.

It's not the only bad experience I have heard about. Cat herself tried to get a mentor a long time ago, and she sent an e-mail to them every week not knowing any other way to talk to them. After a month or so, they ghosted her, and neither of us ever heard from them again.

Never liked the idea of getting advice from only one person. And with Discord being a thing now, that's easier than ever, "mentorship" sounds completely useless. It should just be a list of people willing to be PMed questions that're too private or personal to make a thread on.

I agree that this would be really helpful, and some Tulpa servers on Discord already embraced this idea. I don't see that as a replacement for mentorship though because if someone likes an individual, they may go to them first if they had more questions. It would make sense to me if something like this took shape on the Tulpa.info server.

• 1 month later...