Fuliam

Threads have been merged into this one

About Merging 

Merging and splitting tuppers

Merging, Melding, Fusion

[split] How do you merge? 

Other threads on merging

Casual Merging?

Could my Fear of Merging Prevent a Switch?

Help me figure this out please - merging for possession

How do you merge?

How to merge two thoughtforms?

Ivy/Preddi on merging confusion

I think I am the accidental product of a Tulpa merging with a host

Merging the tulpae to each other

Names of Merges

Question about merging

Questions on Merging

Tell Me About Your Merges!

Unmerging?

This thread is where we discuss what is known as merging, which is where a Tulpa and Creator merges their minds together to create a new mind. Original post in spoilers.

Hello, my name is fuliam, I have a tulpa named Serena. But that's not exactly important right now. I recently managed to make Serena sentient, talking, finished the survey, did possession, and did switching. I've been racking my brains for the next possible step of closeness, and I think I may have found it.

But some people are warning me it can be dangerous. I want to temporarily merge my consciousness with Serena's into a single conscious entity.

The dangers here are that it may become permanant and I may lose all of my memories. Do not ask me how I am going to do it, if it turns out badly then I don't want you to be able to copy me.

I am here to ask your opinion on this "Merging" and whether or not I should attempt it.

Follow me here http://fuliam-pro.tumblr.com/

I have two tulpa, both capable of switching and talking.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like a silly idea that the host, tulpa, or both could be very uncomfortable with, but whatever works for you.

The above post does not contain facts.

q2's the host, QB's the tulpa.

Just, like I said, remember the note that tells you to get onto the IRC and the forums to ask what was going on

Or write some stuff down for yourself. Then you don't have to deal with the possibility of trolling; plus you didn't tell us all that much apart from that you were going to try this.

I really don't see a whole lot of danger to you here, considering that Serena is a pretty young tulpa. Worst I could realistically see happening is Serena disappears and becomes a part of you, and your personality changes to be a bit more like hers. That is, you would have 'absorbed' her, but you'd still be mostly you, because you're a far stronger personality than her. If it's a sufficiently large and abrupt change, you might feel less 'ownership' of memories from before it, though you'd still have them. (I know someone who has had an abrupt shift like this -- it's like they're still the same self, just having a sudden shift that makes memories from before the shift seem less theirs.)

Now, if you and Serena were personalities of similar strength, then you might see stuff like Tess got. I'm not sure how long it takes for a tulpa to reach that level, but bad things would probably be likely if, for example, Atasco were to get stuck merged with Tristan.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

I'm not at all familiar with the concept or any precedents for it, so I'm just gonna spitball a bit.

A tulpa is a consciousness that exists inside your mind albeit separate from yours. So if you were to merge the two into one, would you not simply be absorbing her conscious back into your own and making them whole again? As in, you'd effectively be dissipating your tulpa?

So I'm pretty much of Chupi's opinion.

Personally, I can't really think that there is anything to be gained by this.

Tulpa's name: April

Form: Human female

Working on: Stuff

My Progress Log

"A belief is not merely an idea the mind possesses; it is an idea that possesses the mind." ~ Robert Oxton Bolton

A tulpa is a consciousness that exists inside your mind albeit separate from yours. So if you were to merge the two into one, would you not simply be absorbing her conscious back into your own and making them whole again? As in, you'd effectively be dissipating your tulpa?

Well, i'd say tulpae are subconscious entities before you "create" them, so merging your consciousnesses would count as a fairly different thing. I'd probably like to try it once my tulpa is, let's say, all mature and powerful, but i certainly wouldn't were the process to be irreversible. I'm going to keep an eye on this.

Well, i'd say tulpae are subconscious entities before you "create" them, so merging your consciousnesses would count as a fairly different thing. I'd probably like to try it once my tulpa is, let's say, all mature and powerful, but i certainly wouldn't were the process to be irreversible. I'm going to keep an eye on this.

I agree, I believe that tulpae are at least partially, generated by the subconscious.

Follow me here http://fuliam-pro.tumblr.com/

I have two tulpa, both capable of switching and talking.

I can see this potentially being a way to change one's own personality, but 'forcing' traits onto oneself would probably be at least as effective, easier, and without any dangers that doing this might have.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)