Getting tulpa in the mainstream.

I_wesley125

Do ya want tulpae to become popular?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Do ya want tulpae to become popular?

Is this something that should be done?

Why, why not, how?

Name: Twi (she wants a new name, we are thinking of one)

Form: Twilight Sparkle

On: Talking/communication

Need web or game hosting? Feel free to message me. Prices are flexible, custom assistance from me.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has been talked about plenty of times already, Wesley.

I don't care, though. More people just means more followers to use my method and tones.

Not right now. So far all we have is conjecture and up in the air ideas and some unprovable, yet widely accepted "facts".

Certainly not enough to even attempt trying to go mainstream. What would that even gain for us? Fame? Stature? Not right now. And not in the near future as far as I can see anyway.

frt

Game plan would be:

Site upgrade -> step up on research etc. -> eventually get some science done, papers may be written -> respectable publicity.

What no-one needs is promotion on Reddit or Youtube. At this point the site is self-sufficient for the mean time; amateur advertising is not necessary or helpful, I would think.

Game plan would be:

Site upgrade -> step up on research etc. -> eventually get some science done, papers may be written -> respectable publicity.

What no-one needs is promotion on Reddit or Youtube. At this point the site is self-sufficient for the mean time; amateur advertising is not necessary or helpful, I would think.

If we could only get on FOX News.

People hate Fox so they may actually defend us.

Also what Fede said.

Name: Twi (she wants a new name, we are thinking of one)

Form: Twilight Sparkle

On: Talking/communication

Need web or game hosting? Feel free to message me. Prices are flexible, custom assistance from me.

Making Tuppers mainstream is a nice thought but it's most likely not gonna happen. Even when we finally get some actual science done it's still going to be a niche-thing. And i can only repeat that it's going to be hard to convince people that tulpas are more than just childish imaginary friends as long as most of them look like magical pastel-colored cartoonponies.

My hopes for this phenomenon (at least for the time being) is that it eventually goes the way of lucid dreaming-- recognized as legitimate by psychologists, but still relatively unheard of by the general public. Obviously going mainstream would be fantastic, but at this point it'd just be icing on the cake.

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report

I recently read a thread about composing a screenplay which features a tulpa in a positive light. The concept was to create an alternative to the way tulpas are often portrayed as being dangerous and scary. I have started looking for that thread again, but I haven't found it yet.

my thoughtform = Isis

her appearance = stylized rabbit with dark fur and glowing eyes

her developmental stage = imaginary friend

I can see it now.....

"And in other news, male fans of the hit children's show 'my little pony' have started talking to themselves. Using a Tibetan meditation practice, these brave scholars are creating what is know as a 'tupper'. A tupper is essentially an imaginary friend that only you can see and can talk back to you. Many of these tuppermancers, as they refer to themselves as, claim that a tupper can access subconscious memories and functions, even being able to block out pain. Many of these tuppermancers have even taken to giving up human relationships in favor of what they call 'tupper secks'. Back to you Rick.

Thanks Jim. In other news, anti-psychotics are up by five points today....."

Let's focus on the matter at hand, shall we?

Maybe we should take a collective step back and define what we mean by the term 'mainstream'.

my thoughtform = Isis

her appearance = stylized rabbit with dark fur and glowing eyes

her developmental stage = imaginary friend