Hello There, Guest! Register

[Misc] Memories and dream staging
Sands Offline
And Roswell
Registered

Threads: 10

RE: Memories and dream staging
Or more like don't listen to tulpa001's extremely unscientific and outdated models.

Anyway, you have one more s?he in there you might want to fix, but otherwise it's definitely approvable I'd say. Approved for Tips and Tricks.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)
08-23-2017, 06:18 AM
Find Reply
Tewi Offline
Amaranthine Rabbit
Registered

Threads: 1
All Accounts Posts: 2,347

Either "subconscious" isn't actually a word, or it's a word that refers to non-conscious parts of your mind. Things you aren't actively aware of, but that still exist. Don't treat "the subconscious" like an entity, especially not one that's considered separate/independent from the rest of the mind. That is unscientific. "Subconscious" applies to things like habits and things that make you feel a certain way without your conscious acknowledgement, like the feeling in an environment or, you know, all that social micro-weirdness. Those can be conscious too, though.

That's what subconscious means in its most accepted sense. "Thought" that isn't made known to you. The things you do "automatically". There's nothing wrong with using the word like that, except possibly the inability to do so without being tempted to use it in the less-accepted senses that Sands hates so much. I guess I could see that. "Your subconscious" is a risky term. At the very least, because you probably can't actually be sure of what you're saying. "Your subconscious mind will learn -" could be seen as unscientific, here. Perhaps stick to phrasing like "You'll learn to ____ automatically without even thinking about it over time" and such. Partly to appease Sands, and partly because he probably has a point we're not 100% getting.

Assuming that's what his last post was referring to anyways. If not.. Go about your business.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.
All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.
Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas
08-23-2017, 03:17 PM
Find Reply
Guiomar Offline
Registered

Threads: 1

I think I replaced all occurences with detailed explanations about what I meant. Even if I slightly disagree with the policy to "shoot on sight if he writes this word" I completely agree with the need for clarity so all in all... Not using it looks like the right choice.
08-23-2017, 06:11 PM
Find Reply