New Survey for Speaking Tulpas

Indigo Blue

Hello!

This morning I was reading through this old survey that's pinned to the GD forum. Upon reading it, it became very clear that its questions are very outdated, and virtually don't reflect the community at all anymore.

So, I had the idea that maybe we should create a fresh one, with more focus on the topics of today for tulpas. I'm thinking it'll ask questions more along the lines of how the tulpa in question defines "tulpa," what it means for them to be sentient or vocal, what sort of role they want to play in life, that sort of thing, rather than just asking questions about how the tulpa creation process went for the host.

Give me any ideas you have. If you want, read through the previous survey and suggest any questions that you think should stay for the new one. I'm really thinking the new one should have a different focus, but I'm willing to listen to any ideas you guys might have before I start drafting it!

What kind of questions do you think the new survey should have, and why?

💡 The Felights 💡 https://felight.carrd.co/  💡

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, i don't have speaking tulpa but I want to help ^^"

I browsed the survey and a lot of questions were "before you could speak"

Idk, but this sounds a bit useless, I'd say "what were your feelings when you couldn't speak" not 10 questions 

Also there were 5 questions about sex etc. Can't it be just one question? 

I think there isn't questions:

Were you created intentionally or accidentally?

Could you speak from the start? 

I know there's more, but these are my opinions ^^"

A ton of questions said "before you could speak," which I don't like since what if the tulpa learned to speak quickly?

And I'd rather have 0 questions on sex, lol. It' not necessary. 

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)

So many of the questions focus on a particular type of tulpa: one that took a long time to be created and to learn how to speak, and one that was created by the host. I'd rather there be a bit more variety in the questions, ya know? Or leave them more up to interpretation. Sure there can be questions for if the tulpa took a long time to learn to speak, but that shouldn't be the main focus on half the survey.

And the sex stuff is like, I don't see why it matters at all. I'd rather have the tulpa talk about their views on their existence and abilities and such, not how much they lust after their host. A total of 12 questions were dedicated to sex, it was so excessive and I don't see why it would be needed.

While I agree that having that so many questions about sex is unnecessary, it makes sense to me that the topic would be brought up at least once. If the goal is to focus on both the process and daily life, we ought to cover as much ground as possible without staying on a particular topic for too long.

Like the older thread says, responses would ideally be coming from fluently speaking tulpas. Ones that are able to reasonably answer any questions thrown their way. It would be pretty difficult to do this if your tulpa only gave yes or no answers.

Ok :)

Also, I copied one question:

27. Before you could speak fluently, how did any violent visualizations or thoughts that your creator had about you affect you? How do you feel about them now?

This is that kind of useless questions in my opinion, bc it should be the same answer as now... am I wrong?

Questions like that weirded me out. Probably back then people were way more worried about intrusive thoughts than today. Weird though, why it says "before you could speak." I think intrusive violent thoughts would be bad whether you could speak or not 0-0