The relationship between Tulpa and lucid dreams.

tulpacn

It is known that the tulpa community's engagement with the lucid dream community took place in 2012, and the/MLP/lucid dream discussion thread became the tulpa discussion thread. Read tulpa.info and occasionally you'll see traces of the lucid dream community.

But that's just the context, and I don't know how deeply the two communities interact.

One interesting thing I found in the Japanese community was that, almost as in the early days of the English community, the site was split off from the lucid dream community. Members of the lucid dreaming community are occasionally seen in the Chinese community, and some members of the community even say that tulpa has a direct connection to lucid dreaming (they don't mean history, they mean applications).

But I have long argued that there is no direct link between lucid dreaming and tulpa. At least many people can not give enough convincing evidence to argue.

Today (or the day before), I discovered that the link to tulpa.info no longer had a lucid dream link, which again intrigued me.

Does this mean that there is a fine line between the two communities?

(I mean, like tomatoes and potatoes, they're not the same species, and people are finally realizing that today.)

Is that so?

Do you mean DreamViews? I'm not sure why that was an affiliate think to begin with. Most people who lucid dream don't have tulpas, and I imagine most people with tulpas don't actively pursue lucid dreaming. The only "link" is that people can have more than one interest, they're not inheritly connected, other than perhaps in rare scenarios when someone turns a dream character into a tulpa. Though that's more due to spending a lot of thought on a character rather than the act of dreaming itself.

Separate communities, some overlap in interests and experiences, in summary.

💡 The Felights 💡 https://felight.carrd.co/  💡

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)

Today (or the day before), I discovered that the link to tulpa.info no longer had a lucid dream link

Ah, so it doesn't. I always appreciated the link to Dreamviews being there even though we didn't mention dreaming here much.

Tulpamancy as we know it these days has next to no connection to dreaming, lucid or not. At most, interacting with your tulpas in lucid dreams may or may not be a good (supplementary) forcing method.

I'd like to personally explore the possible links between tulpamancy and lucid dreaming and write about what I find on this forum... But despite it being my #1 goal in life, I'm on year 9 of failing to lucid dream. So I can't give you any promise I'll be writing about lucid dreaming + tulpamancy any time soon (or it could be as little as a few weeks from now, who knows).

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Do you mean DreamViews? I'm not sure why that was an affiliate think to begin with. Most people who lucid dream don't have tulpas, and I imagine most people with tulpas don't actively pursue lucid dreaming. The only "link" is that people can have more than one interest, they're not inheritly connected, other than perhaps in rare scenarios when someone turns a dream character into a tulpa. Though that's more due to spending a lot of thought on a character rather than the act of dreaming itself.

Yes, but as far as I can tell, members of the tulpa community with a background in the lucid dream community often expect to encounter tulpa in their dreams. As if to serve this need, the Chinese lucid dream community has a concept or technology called "Dream Ghost".

I don't know whether foreign lucid dream community with this concept.

Dream Ghost is basically thought of as a tulpa clone, except that it appears only in dreams. Because of this concept, the Chinese community and tulpa occasionally interact with lucid dreams.

I'd like to personally explore the possible links between tulpamancy and lucid dreaming and write about what I find on this forum... But despite it being my #1 goal in life, I'm on year 9 of failing to lucid dream. So I can't give you any promise I'll be writing about lucid dreaming + tulpamancy any time soon (or it could be as little as a few weeks from now, who knows).

I've been looking forward to seeing a systematic discussion of both Tulpa and lucid dreaming, and I'm looking forward to your writing.