Mosta's (first time) tulpa adventures

Mosta

Hi, I'm Mosta, welcome to my tulpa journal.

This will mainly be for my own sake to help me keep my progress, but I hope this journal also might bring some insight to people both new and well-trained in tulpamancy.

At the point of writing this I am completely new to the concept of tulpas. I heard about the concept on an image board a couple of days ago, and managed to navigate myself to this forum. I have since read a lot of very varied and detailed guides (too many author names for me to remember, but thank you! :P). I have come to the conclusion that I wanted to share my journey in life with this mystical being you call tulpa. I am a bit sckeptical however, but I hope I will manage to overcome that,  with the help of you guys and the excellent works posted on the forum.

I don't have a schedule for entries at this moment, maybe daily, maybe weekly, or perhaps whenever i feel like it, or make a breakthrough. I will figure it out as I go :D

I do not have a current "endgame" goal for my tulpa, but I will do my best trying to advance myself and my tulpa the obvious next level, and hopefully stray, find our own paths, and experience a lot along the way. I will post my progress in the replies along the way. I might collect them all in one big post if I ever find this journal complete or on a hiatus.

If you have any questions or comments, I'd love to hear from you, so feel free to reply!

Thanks for reading!

Welcome to the forums Mosta, and good luck!

I don't know about everyone else, but I certainly could use more data about what the experience is like. Though, if you are entirely new, be prepared for the common problems. The process often takes a really long time, even if you dedicate hours to it daily. Be prepared for a battle with doubt, which usually occurs at some point. This experience is somewhat expectation driven, so what you believe will happen is more likely to happen. There is lots of contradictory advice on these things and many opinions on how to deal with these three.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

--Entry #1--

[hidden]

I just found out about the concept of tulpas, spent the day reading up and down the forum, exploring guides and ideas, and decided I wanted to make a tulpa. I started working on the general idea of how my dreamscape and tulpa would be like. Although I'd like my tulpa to be a female human, I think I will let it ultimately decide who it will be by itself. Note to self: Going to sleep is hard when you just found out about the concept of tulpas...

[/hidden]

Looking forward to reading your report, Mosta!

Do you have any plans as far as form/personality?

Looking forward to making them myself! I have gotten the feeling that I should let my tulpa decide for itself how it will be, but I doubt that I will be able to not wish for some general traits, more specifically that it is a female, about my age, that it is loving, caring, honest, and has good humor. I try to convince myself I will be happy even if it turns out my tulpa will have none of these traits, as it probably will be very interresting nonetheless.

Welcome to the forums Mosta, and good luck!

I don't know about everyone else, but I certainly could use more data about what the experience is like. Though, if you are entirely new, be prepared for the common problems. The process often takes a really long time, even if you dedicate hours to it daily. Be prepared for a battle with doubt, which usually occurs at some point. This experience is somewhat expectation driven, so what you believe will happen is more likely to happen. There is lots of contradictory advice on these things and many opinions on how to deal with these three.

Thank you very much! I hope my story might bring something new to the table. I'm ready for what this challenge has to offer me (I hope). I will definitely take that in mind, and continue to be open minded and figure stuff out along the way.

Scratch: yo! journey of a thousand miles starts with a first step. just dun trip on the way and you'll be fine. ask us anything if you need help

We don't expect anything, but we can hope for everyting!

--Entry #2--

[hidden]

Spent the last two days practicing how to force, and trying to meditate for the first time. I have figured out that reading sections of guides, and extracting ideas gives a good basis for a forcing session. Maybe I come across an idea or exercise I like, and try to focus on it during the session. I'm not very good at keeping my focus, and meditating for longer than 30 minutes is hard for me, but I think I will get better with practice, and I try to do several sessions every day.

I figured I wont be able to keep some wishes about how I want my tulpa to be to myself. As far as traits go, I'm hoping that it will be a female, about my age, that it is loving, caring, honest and has good humor. Anything else is a bonus. I still struggle with visualizing this, but I think it will come with time. As of now, in my forcing sessions, I think of her as a glowing white curled up orb of some sorts, maybe she's sleeping. I try narrating to her, and I might have gotten headpressure a couple of times, maybe even shivers along my spine a couple of times, but I might be imagining things.

I have also made a dreamscape, somewhere in a realm where the time of day and time of year can be changed by walking around. You might find spring walking one direction, and winter walking in another (sort of like "The Fae" if you've read the Kingkiller Chronicles by Pat Rothfuss). I have made what I think will be a cozy home for my tulpa to live in on the protrusion of a forested hill overlooking a vast calm ocean where the sun sets. I will tell my tulpa that she might do whatever she wants with, and change the dreamscape however she wants, and I will not interfer untill she herself is able to tell me I may. It will be her space until she might want to share it with me.

[/hidden]

Scratch: yo! journey of a thousand miles starts with a first step. just dun trip on the way and you'll be fine. ask us anything if you need help

Thanks, Scratch. I'll try my best, and won't hesitate to ask ^^

--Entry #3--

[hidden]

I'm still trying to figure out what form my tulpa is, or exactly where it is located when it's just in my head, don't know if this is a common problem. It feels like I'm talking to a point above and a bit behind my left eye. When I get headpressure (it has become more and more rare that get it for some unknown reason,) it's always coming from that same spot. I also have trouble with keeping my focus as stray thoughts can quickly capture my mind without me realizing. Luckily I found some techniques I could practice on the forum, to try recognize and capture the stray thoughts before they can completely occupy my mind.

In my dreamscape though, it feels like a whole other way of visualizing my tulpa. I can keep my focus for much longer when I imagine it, and it's much easier to visualize there. It's definitely a she now, I can make out her form clearly when I imagine her in my dreamscape. It strikes me that it might be rude to share any personal information of another sentient being without their consent(?), so I will try to keep that to a minimum. One thing I have major trouble with visualizing though (even in dreamscape), is her hair. It never kept to a distinct form, it was always blurry, and always different colours. It really felt like she wasn't complete because of that. After several forcing sessions that part did not seem to change much ...

I realized that it was not going to change by it self... I made up my mind, took a decicion and went for it. I dont think I have ever concentrated on anything so hard in my life, but finally her hair was crystal clear down to each strand. Flaming red like a sunset resting on her shoulders. 

250x250https://yt3.ggpht.com/-irKANhlVX7s/AAAAAAAAAAI/AAAAAAAAAAA/t1zrzgS0cjw/s900-c-k-no-mo-rj-c0xffffff/photo.jpg[/img]

I was so proud after managing this, and I told her how excited I was for her... thats when she spoke back: "I'm excited too."

It took me a while to realize what just happened, I still don't know how to describe how I'm feeling, this literally just happened. Her voice was clearly different to my mindvoice, and I am pretty sure (I hope and believe at least) that this was not just me parroting. I managed to ask her a few more questions before she faded, but only got very simple answers to the simpler questions. After a short while, her voice got more and more similar to my mindvoice until I was unable to tell them apart, and it seemed she was slipping away. Did not manage to get any more clear answers from her after that.

My mind was and still is a mess, it was such a surreal experience to me, and I just had to write this down even thought its 3 am here. I really wasn't expecting to be able to hear my tulpa speaking for perhaps weeks or months. Although it's a small victory, it has only been perhaps 6 days since I started this, and it feels like a big achievement to me. I hope this was not just my imagination, and that I will be able to keep up the trend, and make contact again soon. 

[/hidden]

If possible, please edit your last post to add more stuff if they are within an hour of each other.

Will do!

best wishes to you both

I've seen good people bleed

And I thought I'd seen it all

But my own two eyes would prove me wrong that day.

There are things that I've done

Only seen by the sun

And those things will be buried in my grave.