My Tulpa

bromine

Hello, Tulpa.info!

This thread is mostly for me, acting as a running track record of my progress with my Tulpa so far. Each time something eventful happens in the creation process, I will create a new entry. All entries will be on the main body post.

2/6/17 (Day 1) -- Tulpa Creation!

A year ago, I became rather obsessed with the TV show Sherlock, and binge watched the entire series on Netflix. If you haven't seen the show before, I highly recommend it if you are into TV crime or drama. It's great. The show follows Sherlock Holmes, a genius detective working in modern-day London solving complex crimes using his intelligence and wit. Anyways, the reason I bring this show up is because it provided me with the wonderland that I first met my shell Tulpa in today. In the show, Sherlock had something called a 'mind palace,' which was a place to store information away to be accessed later when necessary. The show has some theatrics about it when it comes to showing off Sherlock's mind palace, but the idea is very real. I did some research, and went about constructing my own mind palace. I still have it to this day; where I keep my memories is a safe buried in a mound of sand on a beach. I have it all visualized very well, including the beach outside and around the safe. I decided to use this as my wonderland to meet my tulpa today.

Many guides that I have read suggest letting your tulpa be an orb or something similar, but I tried to let my subconscious generate a human being for me to interact with in the wonderland. Somehow, I saw myself on the beach with a guy about my age with brown, curly short hair, really blue eyes, and a wide grin. I held conversation for a bit, and plan on continuing conversation whenever possible to grow the tulpa. Of course, if later when my tulpa has more sentience and wants to change form, I am completely okay with that. For my own sake, I wanted a human to socialize with to start. Anyways, that's my update so far!

2/7/17 (Day 2) -- A fun time rocking out in the wonderland!

Throughout the day, I thought a lot about my developing tulpa, doing my best to hold casual conversation for a few lines back and forth whenever possible. I had one notable active forcing moment, while I was listening to a rather good song by Everclear, and was envisioning myself and Jonas (name chosen by my subconscious, not me or my tulpa. It kind of came to me.) rocked out in the car to it. The feeling of us singing to it, driving down the road was something close to bliss. It was absolutely amazing. Even if Jonas is not yet fully sentient, I hope dearly that he will someday remember that as I do. It was a lot of fun!

A guide I read, by Kiahdaj, mentions how tulpas start communicating with you, reaching out to you, in whispers of emotion and possible pressure on your head. I am waiting patiently for this "alien" feeling reaching out for me, or anything similar. But in the meantime, I am going to continue on the path I am down now, simply enjoying wonderland time and the occasional passive commune.

I've never seen Sherlock, but the way you describe a Mind Palace sounds like a perfect place to have met your Tulpa in. Imagination can make a place as theatrical as you like :) It's nice when shows can visualize something that's very hard to explain in words. I think everyone has a place like that in their head, it's just that sometimes it takes work to visualize at first.

I haven't been to a beach in how many years, now? It sounds so nice. I wish you the best of luck with your new friend, too.

--Mikhael

I've never seen Sherlock, but the way you describe a Mind Palace sounds like a perfect place to have met your Tulpa in. Imagination can make a place as theatrical as you like :) It's nice when shows can visualize something that's very hard to explain in words. I think everyone has a place like that in their head, it's just that sometimes it takes work to visualize at first.

I haven't been to a beach in how many years, now? It sounds so nice. I wish you the best of luck with your new friend, too.

--Mikhael

Hi Mikhael:

Thanks for the reply! Yes, the mind palace was perfect since I already had it mostly developed in my memories. I'd like to note that the landscape itself is of my own creation, and is not at all from the show. Just the idea of a mind is. Sherlock does do a great job of explaining the phenomena, though!

Thanks for the luck!