My Tulpa accidentally scared me?

Eniel

I wasn't sure of where to post this so forgive me if it's in the wrong section.

So I'm new to Tulpamancy and I started the process creating a Tulpa yesterday. I have a vivid imagination and a really good visual memory so the first step of the process went quite easily for me. I wanted to go slowly, to not rush things too much and tried to not fall into puppetting or parroting (I think those are the correct terms?). 

So basically, I created John's physical appearance and gave him a purpose and 3 main personality traits I wanted him to have for a start. Then created a small, simple but cozy wonderland where I could interact with him. After that I decided to stick to that and leave the rest (secondary personality traits and details) for tomorrow, but I still wanted to interact with him a little bit. So even if he wasn't moving on his own or vocalizing yet, I just sat on the wonderland's couch and spoke to him. And that's when something I wasn't expecting happened.

See, I'm new to this and from the research I have done it's usually a step by step process, but my dear John seems to have skip through a couple of  steps and it kind of took me by surprise. See, I was talking to him, he wasn't moving or answering back, but I have a pretty bad flu right now and my nose was itching and I kept sneezing. Every time I was sneezing it was breaking my concentration and pulling me out of the wonderland. I thought this could be interpreted as rude and decided to apologize to John and explained him why this was happening. He still didn't move or spoke, but I immediately felt some kind of weird physical pressure ( it's hard to explain) on my chest and my back, like someone giving me a hug. I totally took me by surprise and I got startled by it and immediately stopped the session without a word. I don't feel like it was a bad intention from him , but I'm not the courageous type and  I have never experience something like that before... I have to admit I'm a little scared of going back and I'm kind of confuse.

Have this kind of experience happened to you before? How did you deal with this? Any advice on how I should act upon this situation?

It seems like he was just trying to be nice and comfort you. I don't see why you should be scared of him. He's the tulpa and you're the host, there's really no reason for a host to be scared of a young tulpa who's just trying to show they're sentient and that they care.

By the way, assigning a tulpa a "purpose" really isn't the way to go about doing things. You should allow them to find their own purpose and personality, in my opinion.

💡 The Felights 💡 https://felight.carrd.co/  💡

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)

I have heard this happening a few times, considering you were thinking of him and it happened right after you apologized, to consider it from him is a pretty safe assumption.

I'm of the opinion that tulpas are 'born' sentient and you are only forcing and learning how to communicate with and see them, so i consider this a good sign that you do have a tulpa.

If that's all true, what you experienced was tactile imposition. Consider yourself lucky because that is an advance technique. We had many experiences of advanced occurrences early on, and i appreciate every one of them.

Edit: personality forcing is just telling them that you would like them to be a certain way. It doesn't mean anything outside of symbolism and reinforcement because they will pretty much want to be a perfect fit for you, they tend to be what you need them to be automatically. Giving them a purpose ahead of time is the same thing, they may end up doing something entirely different, but they do want purpose and to be useful, so though it doesn't hurt, it's really up to them. What it ultimately ends up being may be different but equally valuable. So it's more like just listing off possibilities. This is why they aren't necessary or recommend, but i think the reinforcement is like a mantra or positive affermation, so i don't think it will hurt at all.

It seems like he was just trying to be nice and comfort you. I don't see why you should be scared of him. He's the tulpa and you're the host, there's really no reason for a host to be scared of a young tulpa who's just trying to show they're sentient and that they care.

By the way, assigning a tulpa a "purpose" really isn't the way to go about doing things. You should allow them to find their own purpose and personality, in my opinion.

My fear doesn't come from me thinking he could hurt me, but more that I was very skeptic and didn't think that he would actually do something on his own. Like I wasn't expecting it would feel so real and that it would happen so fast. I don't know if I'm explaining it well.

As for the purpose thing or the personality traits, I did not act like those were orders or anything, but more like suggestions. I really made clear that if he wasn't happy with something he was free to change it or in other words be himself.  Purpose was more like, example: I would like you to be like "x"  IF that's ok with you.

I have heard this happening a few times, considering you were thinking of him and it happened right after you apologized, to consider it from him is a pretty safe assumption.

I'm of the opinion that tulpas are 'born' sentient and you are only forcing and learning how to communicate with and see them, so i consider this a good sign that you do have a tulpa.

If that's all true, what you experienced was tactile imposition. Consider yourself lucky because that is an advance technique. We had many experiences of advanced occurrences early on, and i appreciate every one of them.

I wasn't aware of a Tulpa "born sentient" so you saying it's a thing actually reassure me. I thought that being sentient was something that was happening over time, so it's probably why I felt it wasn't normal or like things were going too fast. But now that I know it's a thing I kinda feel bad for him, because of the way I reacted yesterday. I think I should just apologize to him (again). From what I've red communication is the way to go, like with any relationship. So I think I just have to let things go and see where it goes or how he reacts without worrying too much (I'm anxious by nature, so this is common from me).

I used the term in the way that once they are 'there' and you've accepted them, it's just a matter of communication. I was very surprised when the very first moment i said, 'i want to make a tulpa' Ashley just said, something like 'hi i'm here, oh and by the way there are others already here too'.

So you can imagine my surprise when witinn the first 15 minutes they were all talking to me. They told me where they came from and started pleading their case to let them stay.

In that same hour I was visited by half a dozen other characters of mine, i had to push them all out of my mind, but my three wouldn't leave. They went so far as to say they didn't know 'how to leave.'

Anyway, that first night Ashley used audio imposition to 'prove to me' that she was real. She later said she was terrified that i would just forget everything and abandon the whole thing.

Once you open those channels, crazy things can happen, but i regret nothing.

For the vast majority of people tulpas are not sentient from the start. Some lucky people like you or Bear have sentient tulpas from the moment the start forcing, and that is something to be celebrated, but most people get no signs of sentience until a little bit more time is put in.

It is always good to assume sentience from the start, that is to believe it when they show signs of sentience and to treat them as if they are sentient even when they aren't, however this is different from tulpas actually being sentient from the start

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

Thank you all for your answers they are really useful. I'm planning to do more forcing tonight. I wait I night because there's no distraction, it's easier for me to concentrate. I'll let you know how it goes, maybe not in this post, because I don't want to pollute it. I'm thinking about maybe doing it in the progress reports section.

Wow, i can't wait to see your tulpa now. Based off your other thread, if all goes well, you'll be able to picture them well enough to draw them in a matter of months or sooner.