Narrating to your tulpa

teapup

Got into tulpas recently,,

When people say narrating to your tulpa, I've tried doing that while just laying in bed or blowdrying my hair in the morning but how do I know I'm talking TO my tulpa and not just talking in my head to myself?

Also, when narrating do you have to have your eyes open or closed, and if closed do you have to visualise them when narrating? And HOW do you visualise 6our tulpa? Like they're in the same room as you, or like in the wonderland? My mind's eye is quite blurry and gets distracted so my tulpa's form changes a lot to things I don't like, but my tulpa isn't sentient yet

Also when people say parroting, when you talk do you have to reply like you're them so it's all the same voice?

The key is the intent. You're not talking AT your tulpa, but TO them. Talk to them just like you'd talk to anyone, expect them to be hearing and understanding you. It doesn't matter if your eyes are open or closed, you can narrate anywhere, anytime, while doing anything. Just make sure to do it a lot throughout your day.

As for parroting, don't reply to yourself, instead expect the reply from your tulpa. Expecting is what makes the magic happen under the hood, it's what tells your brain that there is something that should be responding.

I've been narrating all day when I could remember in school to my tulpa about small things, just staring off into space and rambling in my head and directing my words to them by saying "hope, ________" would this work if I kept doing it everyday?

When I began my Imaginary world I really could not visualize anything particular. My first Tulpa that I made is a Dragon that was inspired by Saphira from the book Eragon. I also found a picture of a dragon that I liked from the internet and started there. I also am an artist, but you don't necessarily need to be good at art to create characters. Most writers start with written discriptions for their characters.

I highly encourage you to begin with a character reference sheet with written descriptions of what your character looks like. This will help your mind focus better. If your trying to add the number 145 to 359 would you attempt to add the numbers in your head? I think we all start with papper and pencil when it comes to arithmetic. Creating an Imaginary friend is in the same way best done on paper. Then you need to start writing dialogue. If your used to actual notbook paper then thats the best place to start. They say that your mind works better on paper than it does on a computer screen.

When you write do not attempt to describe what you see, but instead focus on simple dialogue until your character starts to become familiar to you. Little by little start to challenge yourself with more vivid detail. You soon will have the ability to just picture things in your mind without even trying. At least thats how things worked out for me. I now use my imaginary realm when ever I need it to calm down or if I am board. It has helped me so much to overcome my autism

I advise against writing dialogue for your tulpa. That will take you down a different road.

As to the question, that's a fine method for narrating. It's not like we know what is the best way to narrate. And it seems to vary from person to person. To strengthen it, see if you can feel their presence while talking to them.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

First of all, I read that as laying in bed blowdrying my hair, and I was like "Hell naw, your hair is gonna be messed up brah!"

I like LittlePebble's post, and I gotta say that writing can be a great way of making sense of all the noise that goes inside your head. If you think your tulpa is talking to you, or if you can't really tell if you're talking to your tulpa or not, try to write things out. What that'll do is turn your focus completely to what you're saying / what they're saying.

As for the visualization, I'll just copy this here:

I strongly advise reading about image streaming to deal with your creativity and visualization problems.

http://www.winwenger.com/imstream.htm

Linkzelda also has a guide (the reason why I originally learned about this, thanks brah!), it might give you a few ideas on how to play with the concept a bit:

https://community.tulpa.info/thread-visu...ming-guide

And I know not everyone has the time, but learning how to draw can really help you with visualization as well, since you'll be developing visualization skills as you do it.

Edit: Also, meditation is very useful to deal with the feelings of chaos in your mind, just like your accounts of things changing a lot when you visualize.

My crippling perfectionism prevents me from learning to draw. But I agree that drawing helps make your visualization much stronger, whether you're drawing your tulpa/wonderland or not.

And don't worry about parroting and stuff like there's rules, there's not. The goal is to teach your mind what your tulpa should be like, and get used to (your mind and your self) treating it like there's another person there. That's the most important part of creating a tulpa in my opinion, learning to feel like there's actually another person there, it's what separates tulpas from imaginary friends. Sort of.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.