Conversing with Your Tulpas through Media?

Hi! Host here, Lolli; I'm very new to the forums, so I apologize if this has already been addressed, but this question isn't so much about forcing/visualization/dialogue or anything like that so much as the means to express these things. 

I'm an artist and I've doodled and drawn my first tulpa, Ichibod for years, and while Priscilla is young, my visualization of her is very strong now and they are both extremely vocal. Our new system is adjusting and it's fun, but it gets complex because they often talk between each other, or with me, or about general things that I'm not even involved in. I've been trying to think of some kind of way to channel this communication. As a host, I'm comfortable with text, but I know that my tulpas aren't some kind of mechanism for roleplay or anything like that. What I'm seeking is a way to both document some of our conversations, so that I can draw them later as well, but also let them talk more fluidly besides random spurts of words, tulpish, and emotive impressions. I started brainstorming how we could effectively talk in text without it being through some simulated bot in a chatroom or anything like that. 

Has anyone had any experience using a chat service or anything like that to engage with their own tulpas without outside influence? I mean, there's typing into a notepad, but that seems like parroting for them. There's Discord, but I don't know if there's a way to have multiple accounts and use them in a room. I'm not that tech savvy (Icky may be, but he's a little out of the loop about this as well; he's always been socially awkward, lol.) 

I hope I didn't take too much of your time! Thank you so much for reading! We appreciate it :3

Host: Lollipop ~ older tulpa: Ichibod Tulip ~ youngling tulpa: Priscilla 

You'd really just have to have some sort of chat program that you could be in alone. Opening multiple Discord accounts at once is hard and impractical; there is a Tupperware bot in the Discord server, but conversations between systemmates are disallowed as they just clog the chatrooms. Notepad is simple and works.. but doesn't feel very nice as a chatting program.

I'm not sure if it'd work, but I recommend creating your own Discord server with no one in it and talking there. You'd have to tag your tulpas somehow ("Name: blah"or I suppose), but as long as you don't invite anyone it should stay private. There might even be settings to disable new members viewing history in case someone did get in on accident. Feel free to look into it.

The only way I know how to have more than one account active at once is to use the program (downloaded) and in-browser at the same time. You can try it, but I think that would only allow two of you at once (maybe Incognito window + normal window + desktop program?) and would be a major pain to switch between with any speed (well, alt-tabbing isn't THAT horrible, but slowish).

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

The tulpa servers have a bot, through which you can make proxy accounts. You mark the post somehow: Special characters (@#$%&{} <> , etc) are often used, or maybe something like "T:", where you'd put T's words after that. The bot automatically takes out the mark, and makes the post appear as if it came from another account. That's how the Discords do it.

I once saw a video of a women with DID, along with two other guys. She played Sorry! with both the guys in the room, along with three of her alters, who would fluently co-front in and out to talk and play. It takes a little practice, but if you can keep from talking over each other with thoughts, you can have conversations via typing. As in, it's not you typing what they say, they type as you hear what they're saying. Once you get in the groove, it's pretty easy. It's just hard to wait your turn.

Basically, I would say, type into a notepad. Get their consent, only write down what they say, and it's not parroting. It's just like recording a conversation, because that's what it is.

-J

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread

I'm not familiar with Tupperware, but I wonder if it would work with just you and the bot in a server? If so, that'd be the perfect solution. I can't really tell you how to set it up though. Possibly just invite it and do the help command.. however you do both of those things.

Reiterating that in-system conversations are not allowed on the .info server though. Definitely make your own.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

I once saw a video of a women with DID, along with two other guys. She played Sorry! with both the guys in the room, along with three of her alters, who would fluently co-front in and out to talk and play. 

I think I've seen that video too.

As Tewi said, most servers don't allow in-system conversation. Making your own private server and inviting the bot would probably work fine, as would typing it up in a document. We've never used a medium in order to communicate, but we have used it to help us focus more on communicating, since if we're typing as we speak then it's harder to lose focus or get distracted.

Edit: Ninja'd

💡 The Felights 💡 https://felight.carrd.co/  💡

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)

Setting up Tupperware in your own server is super easy, all that you have to do is make a server, go into a server with Tupperware and use the tul!help command and do what the link tells you to. It takes at most 5 minutes and seems like exactly what you want

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

I routinely have myself and Misha both logged into discord on chrome on my pc. I just switch tabs to go back and fourth. We chat with others this way, together, in private DM. In fact, we can DM eachother and have done that once or twice on a public server. Since it's DM space, there's no mod to tell us that we can't have an in-system conversation. It not any special incognito tab either, it's just, open two tabs of discord web based. Logout in one tab, login with the other account there and both tabs work as intended.

Since it's DM space, there's no mod to tell us that we can't have an in-system conversation.

Please understand, it's not us trying to police what you do with your own system, but rather trying to keep the environment in the server inviting and open to discussion. In-system conversations are often massively exclusive and somewhat awkward for others to try and join into.

Now, two systemmates could participate in discussion at the same time. Just, preferably, not at each other. If you've got different things to say, that's fine, but if they're at each other, you should settle them in-mind first. Obviously, there's no reason you shouldn't talk to each other in DMs, because you're not interfering with possible discussion in public, you know?

I'm not arguing that, Dashie and I joke about that now. The point was that you can use DM space to do it, and sometimes it's fun to type out wonderland adventures with full emoji and attachment power. So we've done something like that with two tabs in chrome, with another system in discord. (Not a shared wonderland thing in discord, but it sounds fun.)